Slowhand is offline Associate Member

DDP talks steroids with Dan Patrick

DDP talks steroids with Dan Patrick...

Diamond Dallas Page appeared on The Dan Patrick Show on ESPN Radio today to discuss the recent Sports Illustrated article linking several pro-wrestlers to steroids and HGH. The highlights are below.

- Page said steroids are now a prevalent part of society.

- He said he first learned about them in the Florida bar scene before he got into wrestling.

- The issue of wrestlers dying in their 40s came up. Page said that wrestlers have to take so many bumps every night and that they have to be on the road 250 days a year, where as a football player has so much time to recover from injuries.

- He said that he has done steroids in the past but doesn't anymore.

- He said that wrestling promoters don't pressure wrestlers to take steroids, but the pressure always exists to improve and do better, just like in baseball.

- He said he was never told to take steroids by anyone in WCW or WWE.

- He said that Vince McMahon tests his guys for steroids and that he was lucky not to get caught since he was on and off them (he being Page).

- When asked if he would have been just as successful without steroids, Page said that his career took off when he got lighter and closer to his natural body type. He did say that some guys get pushed because they look like freaks, and he seemed to blame the fans for that.

- He then turned around and said that fans want characters they can care about, not guys who are just big, using Rey Mysterio as an example (nobody pointed out that Mysterio was mentioned in the Sports Illustrated article).

- When asked about the differences between WWE and WCW, Page said that WWE wants characters.

- When asked if Vince McMahon himself did steroids, Page said he wouldn't go there because it's not his place to judge anyone else.

- After Page left, Dan Patrick asked when's the last time anybody heard of a wrestler failing a WWE drug test. He said he can't imagine Vince McMahon asking wrestlers for urine samples.

-411mania.com

Edge speaks out!

Edge has posted a message on his MySpace Blog responding to the Sports Illustrated article that links him to HGH. The blog entry is below.

Dear Blogees (did I just create a word?)

If you are reading this blog and it sees the light of day, than that means that an article has been written by a Sports Illustrated writer that states I received HGH from a pharmacy in 2003. So, I'll cut right to the chase like I always do. It's true. However, it's not exactly breaking, earth shattering news. It's actually old news. I admitted to this on national television in Canada in 2004 on Off The Record. When host Michael Lansberg asked me if I'd ever taken steroids , without consulting me before the show, I was perturbed, but answered without hesitation, "Yes, I have."

In hindsight, I'm glad he asked the question. It got it out in the open and anyone who follows my career or supports me already knows this information about me. I won't try to defend my actions. I took them when coming back from my spinal fusion neck surgery when I was told by doctors that it would help the bones grow back around the screws and plate that were now inserted in my neck. I'm not glorifying. I'm not condoning. Just telling you why I decided to take them. I took blood tests, consulted doctors, read up, studied them, got prescriptions, and decided to do it. That's pretty much it folks, but I wanted you to get my response straight from me and not through the words of another write. Now as I'm sure most you can tell, I don't take steroids and haven't in a very long time, long before the WWE drug testing wellness policy was implemented. Hell, I barely see the inside of a gym anymore, let alone take performance enhancing substances!

So, in closing, to the columnist (not the Sports Illustrated columnist, but actually another one) who said a "roided up thing called Edge" was at the NHL ALL Star Game a few weeks ago, in 2003, this may have been true. Now, not in the least, as my random urine tests, which have always been negative will attest. I guess I'll take the fact that he thought I was as somewhat of a compliment. To the fact that I've been lucky enough to have been gifted with a 6 foot 5, 240lb body naturally. And finally made it to the top of my industry last year on my own, clean as a whistle. To those, like that columnist and any other naysayers that will hold my past against me? I've made mistakes. Will do so again in the future I'm sure. But I won't hide from them. If you're reading this, you know that's not my style.

Until next time, from everybody's favorite, clean urine,
    Edgemiester!

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    what the hell do u think they are gunna say??? SO EDGE-ARE YOU ON JUICE RIGHT NOW?? hell yea..I'm in the middle of a 12 week cutter of prop & winny....how am I lookin?? c-mon-get real.....

Quote Originally Posted by getnjakked
    what the hell do u think they are gunna say??? SO EDGE-ARE YOU ON JUICE RIGHT NOW?? hell yea..I'm in the middle of a 12 week cutter of prop & winny....how am I lookin?? c-mon-get real.....
    yes

ru-ga-ru is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by getnjakked

+1 on that

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    so is it social unacceptable to take roids or HGH for a valid medical reason even if a doctor prescribes them to you?

In reference to Edge's neck surgery.

dhriscerr is offline Senior Member
    Im going to punch the next person that says stupid sh!t about steroids to me in the throat, so they can't keep spewing thier garbage. Millions upon Millions of americans take steroids, 90% probably do it horribly wrong, too. If it was truly as bad for you as they say, you would have so many more CONFIRMED steroid deaths. No such dice. Will the media ever learn??? Last year Obesity surpassed Smoking for total deaths, both of wich are perfectly legal and growing. Sad what the world is comming too!!!! Unfortunately I have to raise my kids in this sh#t hole and I suspect, it will only get worse for my grandkids someday.

Blog Entries
    Hey dhriscerr,

Did you here the study that came out today that said smoking and alcohol consumptions was more detrimental to a persons health than most illicit drugs. They specifically named it being worse than: Meth, X, coca, Marijuana and a few others that I can remember right now.

Makes me wonder how it got like this.

dhriscerr is offline Senior Member
    TAXES, government can tax cigarettes. Here in Iowa there trying to pass a 1$ raise on a pack of cigarettes. All the smokers are pissed about it because they think the taxes should be split equally!!! To that I say "then you cover your share of my rising health care, becuase of all your cancer and problems from you poisoning yourself. You might be the one smoking, but Im the one paying for it!" I think cigarettes should be $10 a pack! figure that it would be the best of both worlds, they would make over $5 a pack on the ones that continue to smoke, and you know some would, and the ones that wanted to quit would, and also, if there making more money on less packs, there still making plenty, and there is like 1/4 or less of the people smoking so healthcare should go down. Everyone would win, except the people that still smoked. But the govt will never get rid of cigarettes because they make to much $ off them. Someday we will get our priorites strait, but I wont hold my breath until then!!

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dhriscerr
    TAXES, government can tax cigarettes. Here in Iowa there trying to pass a 1$ raise on a pack of cigarettes. All the smokers are pissed about it because they think the taxes should be split equally!!! To that I say "then you cover your share of my rising health care, becuase of all your cancer and problems from you poisoning yourself. You might be the one smoking, but Im the one paying for it!" I think cigarettes should be $10 a pack! figure that it would be the best of both worlds, they would make over $5 a pack on the ones that continue to smoke, and you know some would, and the ones that wanted to quit would, and also, if there making more money on less packs, there still making plenty, and there is like 1/4 or less of the people smoking so healthcare should go down. Everyone would win, except the people that still smoked. But the govt will never get rid of cigarettes because they make to much $ off them. Someday we will get our priorites strait, but I wont hold my breath until then!!
    Today in my poli sci class the teacher asked...

How much is a pack of cigarettes these days?

Smokers in the class responded- "Too much" They said around 5 or $6
    I responded- "Not enough, make it $10"

lol I got a few death stares but continued to laugh

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Today in my poli sci class the teacher asked...

How much is a pack of cigarettes these days?

Smokers in the class responded- "Too much" They said around 5 or $6
    I responded- "Not enough, make it $10"

lol I got a few death stares but continued to laugh

Classic, lol

Smokers are a society of thier own, they stick together and bitch about how much it cost them to smoke and how they should have the right to kill themselves as they choose. And if you ask any of them they always say "your going to die someday might as well be happy while doing it".

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    i've heard people talking about these wrestlers dying so young and how it has to be connected to aas and everytime i've heard these discussions the people talking are completely ignorant about steroids and they just assume they are the cause of these untimely deaths. i believe it's the brutal schedule and the beating these guys bodies take combined with the insane amount of painkillers used that leads to health problems thay have. but that's just my .02

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience
    Classic, lol

Smokers are a society of thier own, they stick together and bitch about how much it cost them to smoke and how they should have the right to kill themselves as they choose. And if you ask any of them they always say "your going to die someday might as well be happy while doing it".
    And then they suck up Healthcare dollars to treat their diseases from smoking, costing us tax payers billions in Canada.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience
    Classic, lol

LOL...thats what one of them said after that. I was like "Oh yeah..thats smart!"

Vinlander is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JAYROD
    i've heard people talking about these wrestlers dying so young and how it has to be connected to aas and everytime i've heard these discussions the people talking are completely ignorant about steroids and they just assume they are the cause of these untimely deaths. i believe it's the brutal schedule and the beating these guys bodies take combined with the insane amount of painkillers used that leads to health problems thay have. but that's just my .02
    AAS are certainly a contributory cause to heart conditions, but you're right; stress factors are a much more powerful agent and completely disregarded by the media. Frankly, a stress-related death won't turn too many heads. You have to put something edgy in to get press.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    LOL...thats what one of them said after that. I was like "Oh yeah..thats smart!"

I have to admit that both my parents smoke, whats stupid is they both quit for 5 years. When we built our house when I was 17 they decided to start agian because they were stressed about the building process. Five years they quit and one day they decided to start again. Now I tell them they are going to die early and they say maybe we want to die early. How the hell can they say that, they dont have any grandchildren yet because all us kids still are to young accept for me but Im waiting until Im done with my doctorate. I keep telling them one day they will regret smoking again, but they just dont seem to care. At this point I have came to the conclusion that they will both die horrible prolonged deaths and I am preparing myself mentally for that now. they are both still young, in there late 40's. I keep telling them it is never to late. I pray that they will listen because I love them without hesitation and I dont want them to die in pain.

chest6 is offline Banned
    They want to die early? Man people that smoke have such a false perception of things. They are in complete denial.

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAYROD
    painkillers and steroids are rife in wrestling, but so are many other rec drugs such as uppers and downers to wake some guys up for their brutal travel schedule, and downers to help them sleep when they need to. couple that with the injuries, painkillers, workouts, steroids, HGH, and the impact pro wrestling has on the body, and shit will hit the fan, resulting in abit of death

Thread Information