geardup is offline Associate Member

WWE pro wrestlers linked to nationwide steroids inquiry

Report: WWE pro wrestlers linked to nationwide steroids inquiry
    Tue Mar 20, 1:15 AM

(AP) - Eleven professional wrestlers, including the WWE's Adam Copeland, a.k.a. Edge, have joined the list of athletes linked to a U.S.-wide steroids investigation.

ADVERTISEMENT

SI.com reported Monday that WWE star Randy Orton allegedly received eight prescriptions for six different drugs - including stanozolol , nandrolone and testosterone - between March 2004 and August 2004. According to the documents SI.com reviewed, two doctors whose names also appear in Gary Matthews Jr.'s file, wrote prescriptions for Orton.

Orton, through the WWE, declined comment, SI.com said.

In its review of documents, SI.com reported it found Copeland, a native of Orangeville, Ont., and Shane Helms, a.k.a. The Hurricane, received HGH from Applied Pharmacy in Mobile, Ala., one of the pharmacies raided in the investigation led by Albany, N.Y., District Attorney David Soares.

Through the WWE, Copeland and Helms didn't respond to a request for comment, SI.com said.

WWE spokesman Gary Davis told SI.com that WWE policy prohibits performance-enhancing drugs but would not say whether any wrestlers have tested positive since the policy was enacted.

A statement release Monday night by WWE said the allegations reported by SI.com occurred before the organization implemented its "Talent Wellness Program," which deems "prescriptions obtained over the Internet and/or from suppliers of prescription drugs from the Internet are not considered to have been given for a legitimate medical purpose."

Also linked to the scandal, in various reports, are baseball's Jose Canseco, John Rocker, Jerry Hairston Jr. and David Bell, former heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield, Pittsburgh Steelers doctor Richard Rydze, 1996 Olympic wrestling gold medallist and now-pro wrestler Kurt Angle and bodybuilder Victor Martinez.

Monday, SI.com also reported Arizona doctor David Wilbirt's name has come up in multiple files, including Angle, Oscar Gutierrez (stage name Rey Mysterio Jr.) and former WWE star Eddie Guerrero, who died in 2005.

Through the WWE, Gutierrez declined comment to SI.com about the report that Wilbirt had prescribed him nandrolone and stanozolol.

Wilbirt told SI.com he's not practising medicine now.

"I'll tell you one thing and then this conversation is going to end," Wilbirt told SI.com when asked about the professional wrestlers. "They had done blood work and had laboratory work done and they had come to see me."

Titleist is offline Senior Member
    It's obvious those guys use AAS. I mean really, Batista? I saw that guy in person once and he is a monster. I never knew Eddie Guerrero died though.

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    the hurricane of all people

Adam F is offline Associate Member
    I dont think anyone is shocked. I know that I am not. I am surprised that they did not crack down on them sooner. Wish those guys the best.

I just want to know wut kind of shit their taking lol, so i can jump on the bandwagon. hahah

flex_w is offline Associate Member
    out of all the wrestlers id say Bobby Lashley has the best physeiq. Whatever he is on HOOK ME UP

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzenegger
    I just want to know wut kind of shit their taking lol, so i can jump on the bandwagon. hahah
    I'm sure many of the bro's on this site are taking the same things, How much are they taking is the real question.

texasmk4 is offline Associate Member
    out of all those batista has the best body...

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam F
    I dont think anyone is shocked. I know that I am not. I am surprised that they did not crack down on them sooner. Wish those guys the best.

For what reason should they have been "cracked down on" sooner? I mean its the WWE people, its not competitive sport. And everytime they use the death of Eddie Guerrero when the WWE is linked with steroids despite the fact the man was a huge addict of "party substances".

Only today on the radio were Scientists stating that directly after cocaine and heroin that tobacco and alcohol were the most addictive drugs on the planet.

It just makes me sick that most western governments STILL make such a huge deal about AR. Shit, if they're that concerned about the greenhouse effect happening to the planet and really wanna do something about it, how about jacking the price of smokes up 10 X or banning the shit all together. It's a shame that roids dont make the government any money eh?

Rant over.

P.S. i know the board is strict on the mention of drugs so I hope I haven't over stepped the mark with anything said.

hardgainer1 is offline Senior Member
    holy crap let them do steoids already who cares! I love wrestling, it doesnt matter if the use performance enhancers. Whats next, testing actors who want to get into shape for movies? oy...

wishmasterATM is offline Banned
    I understand MLB,NFL,SOCCER...but WWE come on ..its entertainment..plus 70% of this show is all about looks...let them juice off....

nbkandrew13 is offline Member
    cant understand why the public gets so shocked when nfl players get caught , got a friend that plays and he said if you have a pen and a calander you can pass your drug screen bcause unless you have a prior failed test you always know when it will b, people love to see a guy bp 225 pounds 40 times , and see a 300 pound guy run a 4.5 40 but they dont wanna know how they do it. they still have to work like dogs to play

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    yea -he's not on.........he's all natural
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WWE pro wrestlers linked to nationwide steroids inquiry-lashley.jpg  

good genetics , lol----------------- i can respect someone committed enough to stick themselves with all the needles he has to

bigdog81 is offline Member
    this country needs to relax... its not like these folks are getting huge and goin around wrecking havoc on towns and killing people...
    damn! its retarded. sports would not be what they are today w/o the science of gear!

dont lie i read all the time someone gets held up or robbed , because the junkies need steroids , lol

hawthorne1010 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wishmasterATM
    I understand MLB,NFL,SOCCER...but WWE come on ..its entertainment..plus 70% of this show is all about looks...let them juice off....
    Exactly! Any "performance enhancers" WWE folk take doesn't help them win matches. The winner is determined beforehand. It's all about the looks and entertainment. Nobody bitches about the plastic tits the divas are sporting. Well, at least I don't.

dhriscerr is offline Senior Member
    Big poppa pump, or scott steiner, or whoever he is now, Those are some damn arms!!! But who cares? Why is it a big deal to everyone in the media? Pretty soon, there going to have everything on lock down, and there will be no big guys anymore, none in the movies, none in wrestling, football, baseball, and other sports will go down the shitter, and then there going to wonder why? Its rediculous, there not even competing for anything, they need to look good because its there job, ones thats really really taxing on the body, Id surely never want to do it. almost gaurunteed that if they take steroids out of pro wrestling, you will have more injuries and problems than by leaving them in there! AMERICA IS GOING DOWN THE SH^TTER!!!!!! Pretty soon, im not even going to be proud to be an american, which is pretty sad when I served in the Marine Corps on 2 campaign tours to Iraq. Europe here I come ha ha I wish!!!

NOOOOO, I DONT TAKE ANY PERFORMANCE ENHANCING DRUGS

Quote Originally Posted by dhriscerr
    NOOOOO, I DONT TAKE ANY PERFORMANCE ENHANCING DRUGS
    and all this time I thought that was powerbodybuilder

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Scott Steiner is a beast but also check out Lashly, Chris Masters, Batista, Brock Lesnar and others. Big, BIG guys.

geardup is offline Associate Member
    Apparently Sylvester Stallone was involved in a trafficking ring of GH as well? im not sure why the feds are so uptight now about cracking down on AAS theres billions of dollars flowing through the US every year in Harmful drugs like cocaine and heroin that actually destroy peoples lives. Most people who use steroids live faily healthy normal healthstyles who have Legitamite jobs and families. Just want an edge in the gym. Its not like u see ppl holding up stores for a steroid addiction. And it doesnt FRY your brain like narcotics do

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by getnjakked
    yea -he's not on.........he's all natural

HE STILL NEEDS TO GET BIGGER!!

this going by the standard set by arnold...

you know looking at the head and noticing that its giant, and bringing out rest of body to match it.

wishmasterATM is offline Banned
    even the divas take care...chyna..hahah

yea lashley is a stud....a ****in beast...

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    This should be in the lounge.

M.

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by magic32
    This should be in the lounge.

M.
    Exactly...but to let you guys know..they all had scripts and bloodwork done...so if anything the docs are the ones who will answer for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmax
    Exactly...but to let you guys know..they all had scripts and bloodwork done...so if anything the docs are the ones who will answer for this one.

yes...this is true...I saw the gear & scripts of one wrestler that I am acquaintances with.

I have an RX pad at home, ill just write my own scripts

Pops1985 is offline Associate Member
    I agree WWE is about outside appreance

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Who cares.........

Pops1985 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Joe
    Who cares.........
    You because you read the thread LOL

Thread Information