Terinox is offline The One & Only

Your Wireless Service???

Hey guys, need a new cellphone, probably going to sign up for some 2 or 3 year contract, and I guess this question is more aimed towards Canadian members. Which service do you have, or think is the best? Currently, I have Rogers.

My choices pretty much are between: Rogers, Bell, Fido, Virgin, Telus. I believe those are the main ones available in Canada.

Thnx,
    T.

ru-ga-ru is offline Associate Member
    Don't know about up there, but after the storm in New Orleans SPRINT and NEXTEL were the only ones getting service?????? I don't know why.

Cingular and T-mobile only let text messages through.

bump

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terinox
    Hey guys, need a new cellphone, probably going to sign up for some 2 or 3 year contract, and I guess this question is more aimed towards Canadian members. Which service do you have, or think is the best? Currently, I have Rogers.

My choices pretty much are between: Rogers, Bell, Fido, Virgin, Telus. I believe those are the main ones available in Canada.

Thnx,
    T.
    sorry never heard of any of them .I have virizion .

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Thats a subjective question, it all depends. In Canada Fido/Rogers is the same network and I believe Virgin piggybacks on another company. It all depends on tower location, causes for interference and the type of handset you have. I know some companies like Fido have a 15 day satisfaction period, that will determine if it is good or not.

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?
    I have Verizon and it's great service. Nextel/Sprint has a new phone that's Sprint for phone and Nextel for walkie talkie and my friend has it and it works everywhere, even in basements.

Zanelike is offline Associate Member
    Virgin is prepaid only, they don't do contract phones. I don't know what the coverage is like in T.O. but Telus is the best out here in BC

I use Fido

They share the same network as Rogers (as a matter of fact Rogers owns Fido, they bought out Microcell).

Fido generally has better packages and "by the second" billing. To me that makes a HUGE difference.

Red

x_moe is offline Anabolic Member
    I use fido, i like it.

Okay, thanks a bunch guys, I had heard about Rogers owning Fido, but I wasn't too sure. I was sort of leaning towards Fido, because they do give you some free services with your package, and the per-second billing does seem good. And all those cute dogs in their commercials was a great seller for me too,

Thnx,
    T.

Thread Information