Thread: Shaving

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger

Shaving

Ive been getting red bumps on my neck after shaving and have seen several people with this. What can prevent this?

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    after shave. use a good razor and a good thick shaving gel.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    I have sensitive skin, get this all the time using a blade. Try and get some shaving cream that's for sensitive skin, like Nivea for Men, that's a good one, and remember, no need to apply too much pressure with the razor. And if possible, avoid shaving with razor every day, try to make it like an EOD type of thing if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx
    after shave. use a good razor and a good thick shaving gel.
    i have all 3 = [

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Only shave after a warm shower (or during) - if I must shave before; I always splash hot water on the area. The warm water helps open the pores and make the skin generally more accepting to the razor - at least that was one conclusion that was reached while I was in the service... and it seems to have worked for me...

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    You shouldnt have a problem if you follow these steps

1. Shave right after taking a warm shower. Once out of the shower, thoroughly wet your face with warm water. The steam and water will soften up your beard.

2. Massage a shave oil or cream into your beard (a shaving brush can help). Don't worry about a bunch of lather - it's not doing squat if it isn't touching your skin! Give your shave product about 30 seconds to sink in and reactivate if necessary with a splash of H2O.

3. Using a clean, multi-bladed razor, begin shaving with the grain of hair growth (usually downward). Use short strokes, rinsing the blade often.
    Shave the "easy areas" first (cheeks), while leaving the neck, chin and upper lip for last. This will allow these tuff areas more time to soften up.
    - Use your free hand to stretch your skin, creating a smooth surface for the razor.
    - Only go against the grain at the end to get stubborn hairs.

4. Rinse your face thoroughly with cool water to cleanse the skin and close the pores. If needed, pat your face with a soft towel.

5. Generously apply a balm or moisturizing aftershave. Steer clear of any aftershave containing alcohol, which will hurt like a mother and dry your skin out

Quote Originally Posted by Testsubject
    You shouldnt have a problem if you follow these steps

1. Shave right after taking a warm shower. Once out of the shower, thoroughly wet your face with warm water. The steam and water will soften up your beard.

2. Massage a shave oil or cream into your beard (a shaving brush can help). Don't worry about a bunch of lather - it's not doing squat if it isn't touching your skin! Give your shave product about 30 seconds to sink in and reactivate if necessary with a splash of H2O.

3. Using a clean, multi-bladed razor, begin shaving with the grain of hair growth (usually downward). Use short strokes, rinsing the blade often.
    Shave the "easy areas" first (cheeks), while leaving the neck, chin and upper lip for last. This will allow these tuff areas more time to soften up.
    - Use your free hand to stretch your skin, creating a smooth surface for the razor.
    - Only go against the grain at the end to get stubborn hairs.

4. Rinse your face thoroughly with cool water to cleanse the skin and close the pores. If needed, pat your face with a soft towel.

5. Generously apply a balm or moisturizing aftershave. Steer clear of any aftershave containing alcohol, which will hurt like a mother and dry your skin out
    sounds good, ill try this

Thread Information