Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Hire a bodybuilder :.

Thought you guys might like this... I wrote it for a 500-word contest for MD magazine... 500 words on the dot, 503 with the title :P

Hire a bodybuilder
    Warrior

Hiring a bodybuilder can help your business. The benefits of achieving a stronger and more physically-capable body extend further than the tangible presentation. Valuable lessons are learned by achieving extreme physical shape.

Successful bodybuilders rise above obstacles and prevail. Becoming a physically stronger individual is an adventure of learning and recognizing limitations. Hitting plateaus in athletic progression must result in discovering ways to get back on track to remain productive. The successful bodybuilder’s drive to maximize results exhibits a progressive and problem-solving attitude.

Time must be spent wisely and productively. Setting priorities and utilizing proper time-management skills keep “I don’t have the time” excuses curbed. Training for a greater degree of physical fitness requires being able to properly micro-manage your time. A person exhibits phenomenal time-management skills by becoming more active in conjunction with maintaining a successful career.

Athletes exhibit dedication through consistency. Constantly reporting to the gym in search of better physical health, or spending time engage in some other physical activity, requires a person remain dedicated to their fitness mission. The dedicated also display outward motivation for achieving goals, creating a winning attitude in other areas of life.

Bodybuilders frequently broadcast discipline by ignoring destructive influences. Let’s face it, much of today’s society lacks the proper mindset continually to stay active while eating healthy. Binge eating and watching too much television are common behaviors in today’s society. It takes true intestinal fortitude to say no to peer pressure and stay focused on your goals.

Statistically, active people tend to be optimistic people. An active person is likely to be more positive and less tense. Greater mental health and better general disposition is a well-known benefit from routine exercise. Physical training is a popular way to release stress, replacing it with a healthy cocktail of feel-good endorphins. A recent mental health study on Jan. 11, published by the Winston-Salem State University Department of Social Sciences, demonstrated increased physical activity can be as productive as anti-depressant drugs. Optimism is one lifestyle behavior that can have a positive effect on reducing the chance of heart disease. Having a healthy heart, immune system and properly functioning nervous system leads to a greater quality of life.

Extremely active people must avoid destructive behaviors. Healthy habits and socially responsible behavior are required to obtain competitive condition. Highly athletic people are certainly less likely to become involved in unhealthy activities, such as binge drinking, smoking and late-night partying resulting in minimal rest. In December 2006, a study by the Chang Gung Institute of Technology Department of Nursing in Taiwan found that a group of non-overweight adolescents practiced healthy behaviors at a greater frequency than an overweight group. These included exercise, stress management, life appreciation, health responsibility and social support.

Years of hard-earned muscle with proper body composition speaks loudly about a person’s personal character; it is not merely a means to appear more attractive from the outside. Useful lessons can be learned while obtaining a bodybuilder’s physique – lessons that fit into nearly any business model.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    sticky!!!!!! hopefully you win!

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Very well writen. Good luck and i hope you win.

Unfortunately the last 2nd to last paragraph isn't even close to being true around me. People in shape party harder then any other people i know.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    Very well writen. Good luck and i hope you win.

Unfortunately the last 2nd to last paragraph isn't even close to being true around me. People in shape party harder then any other people i know.
    Thanks!

I thought about that paragraph and thats why I wrote, "extremely active" and "highly athletic" versus "in shape." And then researched a study to support the stance.

If you are "extremely active" or perhaps a precontest bodybuilder, you tend to avoid anything that will keep you from performing at your best. Why train hard and go through uncomfortable diets only to lose your edge through reckless behavior right before the big day? I believe properly focused bodybuilders avoid destructive behaviors when engaged in an important training cycle; but some do get away with more than others...

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Thanks!

I thought about that paragraph and thats why I wrote, "extremely active" and "highly athletic" versus "in shape." And then researched a study to support the stance.

If you are "extremely active" or perhaps a precontest bodybuilder, you tend to avoid anything that will keep you from performing at your best. Why train hard and go through uncomfortable diets only to lose your edge through reckless behavior right before the big day? I believe properly focused bodybuilders avoid destructive behaviors when engaged in an important training cycle; but some do get away with more than others...
    I can deffinetly see your point. I guess it depends on what a person perception of extremely active is.

Good luck. What can you win?

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    I can deffinetly see your point. I guess it depends on what a person perception of extremely active is.

Good luck. What can you win?
    I already won a free subscription by winning in January, so at this point it's for simply getting in the mag again - which is a great accomplishment for me! And I like to write anyway. I am in the April issue from winning in January... page 42. Thanks to Romano!

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    You should be a writer, excellent work

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    that was stellar.....very motivating....should be a sticky

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    bump

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    good stuff mate, once again!! I would have a whole company run by BBers if I could!

Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    good stuff mate, once again!! I would have a whole company run by BBers if I could!
    The more you surround yourself in the bodybuilding sub-culture, the more you notice how unique yet very productive it's members can be. Rosie O'Donnell can cry, "big is beautiful" all she wants; I ain't buyin' it.

Give me 100 in-shape people and I will form a much more productive business than 100 out-of-shape people. Society as a norm is becoming increasingly more and more lazy as time moves on - if it weren't for active people, the only part of this planet that would have been discovered is the Middle East!

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    The more you surround yourself in the bodybuilding sub-culture, the more you notice how unique yet very productive it's members can be. Rosie O'Donnell can cry, "big is beautiful" all she wants; I ain't buyin' it.

Give me 100 in-shape people and I will form a much more productive business than 100 out-of-shape people. Society as a norm is becoming increasingly more and more lazy as time moves on - if it weren't for active people, the only part of this planet that would have been discovered is the Middle East!
    To be honest I have had this philosophy for a while myself. I know it sounds harsh but i would not employ someone who was really out of shape as I think it says a lot about them i.e. lazy, lacking drive ect...

BigLittleTim is offline Senior Member

Can a man serve two masters?

Unfortunately, many bodybuilders only bring that level of dedication, intensity, and focus to the perfection of their own body. It's pretty hard to give your all to something as prosaic as a job when one's priorities are eating seven meals per day; getting ten hours of sleep; hitting morning and evening work-outs; etc. Many jobs require long hours and an unpredictable schedule, lots of stress and fatigue, skipped meals and skipped work-outs.

A friend of mine, a personal trainer, was once asked what the most important part of being a successful bodybuilder was. Is it diet? The right training routine? Genetics? Steroids ??

His reply was emphatic:

"Unemployment".

Ah... back to work.

-BigLittleTim

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLittleTim

A friend of mine, a personal trainer, was once asked what the most important part of being a successful bodybuilder was. Is it diet? The right training routine? Genetics? Steroids ??

His reply was emphatic:

"Unemployment".
    THAT is true!! My wife and I recently had a baby. Shes in the military for the long haul, so I quit my job to stay at home and take care of the baby. Now that I'm home, I eat when I want and what I want very easily, Im in the gym in the morning doing cardio and the afternoon for lifting. No stress, never tired, and nothing but enjoyment stayin home with my little girl. Your friend gave a great answer!!

Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    THAT is true!! My wife and I recently had a baby. Shes in the military for the long haul, so I quit my job to stay at home and take care of the baby. Now that I'm home, I eat when I want and what I want very easily, Im in the gym in the morning doing cardio and the afternoon for lifting. No stress, never tired, and nothing but enjoyment stayin home with my little girl. Your friend gave a great answer!!
    Sweet - take full advantage of the opportunity!

Thread Information