Big Drez is offline Banned

Found This Pretty Interesting...

I am into sociology and all that and I find shit like this interesting. Thought maybe I'd share. But anyways, there are some cities I didn't expect to be on there and some I thought would have been higher...but here is a link that has the top 25 safest and worst cities in America by population and crime rate based on 2005 statistics. the 2006 statistics won't be up until October of this year, but yea I'm somewhat of a nerd with this stuff, but it fascinates me, so if you want to, take a peek....

http://www.morganquitno.com/cit07pop.htm#25

lpicken is offline Associate Member
    Good link. I was a sociology major in college and it sucks to see most of the cities in your homestate on the list (Arkansas.) But you know, what I feel pretty safe, you just have to go looking for trouble and you will certainly find it.

Birmingham Alabama more dangerous than Newark NJ..... HAhA!

How did they determine this chart?

Also, I'm surprised Detriot is that high. I thought it was a very clean city, with lots of young girls/kids walking around.

To add....I wasn't in the rough part of Detroit....I'm sure its FARRR worse!

BigBrad330 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellmask
    Birmingham Alabama more dangerous than Newark NJ..... HAhA!

How did they determine this chart?

Also, I'm surprised Detriot is that high. I thought it was a very clean city, with lots of young girls/kids walking around.

yea detroit is pretty dirty, there's some really cool parts too though.

Detroit is a shithole. My buddy Jeremy just got killed actually on the Eastside over on Van Dyke and Davidson a couple weeks ago. Shot twice, once in the stomach and once in the head. Thats why I moved to Kentcuky to go to school. I wanted to be more like Pablo Escobar then Ray Lewis in High School and I was headed down the wrong path and hangin' out in the wrong places...so I said FVCK this shit and bounced out...

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by lpicken
    Good link. I was a sociology major in college and it sucks to see most of the cities in your homestate on the list (Arkansas.) But you know, what I feel pretty safe, you just have to go looking for trouble and you will certainly find it.
    Online discussion communities must be an interesting area in human sociology... the latest software as exploded the medium in the last 5 years or so...

it is based on crime to population ratio...like Detroit in 05' had 354 murders to like 900,000 people in the inner city. New York had over 500 BUT...they have like 15 million lol...so it is based on the chances of a particular crime happening PER 100,000 people...murder, car theft, assualt, rape, larceny etc all play roles...
    Last edited by Big Drez; 03-26-2007 at 08:02 PM.

Thread Information