Thread: Im lost

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!

Im lost

For the first time in my life i put everything i had into this school year. It looks like im gona lose my financial aid because i cant keep my GPA high enough for my grant. Their is no fvckin way im gona take out a loan for school that i cant pass. I decided over the summer i gona work on finding what trade i want to get into. I have hung drywall, i have painted and i have put in a AC unit with my pops. Im gonma try out the electrition thing for a bit to see if i like that to. Even if for some crazy ass reason i dont lose my grant, i dont want to come back. School really makes me want to kill myself. I told my Dad and he is cool with it, my mum was a lil bummed but fvck it, its my life and their is know way in hell im going through another 6-8years of school. My gf told me she dont care if i work at mcdonalds and she will stay with me no matter were i work.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    You got to do what makes you happy dude. You only have one life !!!

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    looks like ur free to go back to nut washing!!!!

sorry schmidty........I had to

ebjack is offline Senior Member
    School is hard...I floated around after high school doing various trades. I was an electrician for 5 years and never made enough money to support a family.
    Only after I got an associates degree in respiratory therapy at age 28, was I able to support myself and my family like I wanted.

there are exceptions to the rule but unless you have some college..you will never make any real money. (thats what I tell my son)

a lifetime of manual labor will kill you

^Fvck washin nuts. That job sucks! But i do get a free membership their, i dont really use it to much though becaue i still have my member ship. I like my old gym. its goten me far, i do use my free one when i do my snd work out EOD

Quote Originally Posted by ebjack
    School is hard...I floated around after high school doing various trades. I was an electrician for 5 years and never made enough money to support a family.
    Only after I got an associates degree in respiratory therapy at age 28, was I able to support myself and my family like I wanted.

there are exceptions to the rule but unless you have some college..you will never make any real money. (thats what I tell my son)

I though electritions made like 40-70g a year

AnabolicErick is offline Junior Member

my dad did not get passed 6th grade and he is rich i am doing damn well flipping houses and realestate and i dropped out

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty
    that is you work for your self if you have a few crew sub contracting you will be able to make baout 150+k if you take a 25% off and its about 1000-5000 a job on small houses or if you do fixers it is a little less they make really good money bro you just gotta know what your doing

also try to submit a application for being a contractor through home D E P O T and lowes they will normaly give you a show and they take about 10% off of everything
    Last edited by AnabolicErick; 04-30-2007 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty

fully licensed electricians might make 40k....it takes schooling and time on the job to get a license.

(regional wages may differ from the south)

Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicErick
    that is you work for your self if you have a few crew sub contracting you will be able to make baout 150+k if you take a 25% off and its about 1000-5000 a job on small houses or if you do fixers it is a little less they make really good money bro you just gotta know what your doing

to run a crew and be able to pull city permits you have to have a Masters license...
    or lease one from a master electrician

fully licensed electricians might make 40k....it takes schooling and time on the job to get a license.

that for damn sure the cost to lay a squer foot of tile in th south is about 3.50$ and the east cost it is about 10$

chest6 is offline Banned
    I feel ya on that..theres a few courses Im taking this semester..no matter how much I study I can't get higher than a C it seems

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    I am kinda lost too, I wasted time after high school then went to university but didn't like the school so wasted that year too but I'm going to uni in Nova Scotia this fall and should get back on track. I dont think I'll do a full course load per semester so hopefully I'll be done a BA in 6 years

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Electrician up here in Canada that work in the oil and gas/industrial sector make 90K easy....trust me i work in the trade with them and i am the manager at my company, it is hard work and long hours, but worth it...trades are the way to go bro....

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    I had some trouble my first year of college. Believe it or not, i went to sylvan learning institute and took classes on how to study. The key is always being ahead. If you're always ahead, if you get overwhelmed at any point, you just fall back to being even. The funny thing about it is- it only takes about 3 extra days of effort a semester, right at the begining (when work is slow anyway) and the payoff is HUGE.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    you just got a lot going on bro. i really dont see how people can work, raise a family and do well in school. a school loan is deferred, and it did help my wife out to finish up. good luck,semper fi

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    As a professor, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles at university. It's not for everyone and a lot of people who stop attending still enjoy success (Bill Gates?). Sooner or later, you'll find something that suits you. Does your university have an academic counseling center? My alma mater offered free study skills classes and help for students in academic trouble. Might be worth looking into.

Dude-Man makes a great point about getting ahead. We just started our Spring semester in Japan (4 weeks in) and already several students have gone ahead and finished all the homework assignments for the semester. While their classmates are procrastinating and worrying about unfinished homework, they're having fun and relaxing.

Almost anyone can get a university degree. Just like anything else worthwhile in life it requires dedication and perseverance.

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    My step dad is an Electrician in the Missouri area, hes been doing it for a very long time, I guess his title is master electrician or something like that (if there is such a thing) and makes really good money.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude-Man
    I had some trouble my first year of college. Believe it or not, i went to sylvan learning institute and took classes on how to study. The key is always being ahead. If you're always ahead, if you get overwhelmed at any point, you just fall back to being even. The funny thing about it is- it only takes about 3 extra days of effort a semester, right at the begining (when work is slow anyway) and the payoff is HUGE.
    This is the best advice.

Your girl my not care what you do. But it will matter when you have to bust your ass 60 hours a week to pay the bills. With the prices of homes and gas going up so much you cant live decent on 45k.

Thread Information