Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    VWbug66 is offline Senior Member

Stevie Ray Vaugn

mann that dude could play that fuggin guitar like none other!! i get on this forum n play my stevie ray vaugn playlist man....yeahhh its fun shit!!

scribbs12 is offline Member
    Just fyi this is for aas Q&A .. you should have posted that in the ar lounge...

welcome to AR

ya ya ya.. you musta be a country likin kinda dude then huh??

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    Quote Originally Posted by marsh67
    mann that dude could play that fuggin guitar like none other!! i get on this forum n play my stevie ray vaugn playlist man....yeahhh its fun shit!!
    What the hell does this have to does with AAS?

Why did you post this in a Q&A Steroid forum?

I do agree he is a bad ass player and I love his riffs but.....wrong forum man
    Last edited by Dizz28; 04-23-2007 at 11:34 PM.

hey scribbs...i get your a ford kinda girl huh?? haha aint even gotta answer bro

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    i dunno some guy names clapton might have something to say about that. SRV, IMO plays too many riffs and is not as clear in concert; clapton sounds amazing wherever you listen to him and can rip it in any key, in any position at any tempo.

shrpskn is offline Anabolic Member
    ya i moved it to the ar man..
    Only MODs or ADMINs have the capability to move threads...

hey scribbs...i get your a ford kinda girl huh?? haha aint even gotta answer bro
    Welcome to AR...

For future reference, please refrain from flaming other members of this community or your stay here may be short lived...unlike some other online discussion boards, this board has a strict "no flame" policy...

If you haven't checked up on the policies of this board yet, please take a moment to do so.

Good luck,

aight thats my fault i got a little out of control, my bad man, i apologize to everybody

K.Biz is offline Banned
    uh-oh... we are going to start arguing about guitarists now? haha i cant wait till someone chimes in with the metal guitar players like Yngwie Malmsteen or Joe Satriani.

But i have to say i saw stevie live and hes pretty amazing, but cant argue with 12, clapton is a god

stuball is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K.Biz
    uh-oh... we are going to start arguing about guitarists now? haha i cant wait till someone chimes in with the metal guitar players like Yngwie Malmsteen or Joe Satriani.

But i have to say i saw stevie live and hes pretty amazing, but cant argue with 12, clapton is a god
    Its all about style, you cant campare, Clapton, Eddie Van Halen, and SRV.. Now, whos the best guiterist ever ?? Probally some studio muscian nobody will ever hear of !!

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger

I would also mention Steve Vai
    ***No source checks!!!***

K.Biz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    I would also mention Steve Vai

I couldnt agree more, steve vai is unhuman

numbat is offline Member

Ah you knew it was coming k biz...

Zakk Wylde
    Mark Tremonti

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Eddie was something special, but he has a bag of problems! I hope he makes a strong comebck. And Yes, of all the blues players SRV was something special. Jimi died way too young!
    There are some new breed of blues players to check out:
    Chris Duarte
    Eric Gales
    KWS

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    steve vai hands down..for being a song writer and shredder...being a sick guitarist is something beyond a physical talent..vai's my hero, and im sayin he takes it hands down. ya hurds?

i agree with all, clapton was bad ass also, many good musicians came from TEXAS!! yeah thats were i reside also! i admire how srv can play, watchin him whip that guitars ass, playin behind the back, behind the head, with his teeth..thats badass, there is more badass players out there but he was one of top

also when srv has those songs where there is no lyrics, there is tho bc the way he plays that guitar there lyrics are added in that way..but im not a one man fan here there is alot of talented guitarists from those days...wish i could play the guitar man!!

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    i love both steves

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    SRV is god. I love his work. He left us too soon. Thank-you David Bowie for noticing him!
    Jason Becker was also one the best ever... only 21 and he could slay Malmsteen... and Satrianni. I know that is a bold statement, but if you ever seen him, or heard his playing, you know.

Becker was so good at such a young age. Never got that noticed tho, cause at the age of 22, He was soon diagnosed with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis... aka... Lou Gehrigs Desease, and given five years to live. He is still alive 20 years later... but is confined to a wheel chair and the only muscles on him that still works on him is his eyelids to blink... sad.

ginkobulloba is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juicy_brucy
    SRV is god. I love his work. He left us too soon. Thank-you David Bowie for noticing him!
    Jason Becker was also one the best ever... only 21 and he could slay Malmsteen... and Satrianni. I know that is a bold statement, but if you ever seen him, or heard his playing, you know.

Becker was so good at such a young age. Never got that noticed tho, cause at the age of 22, He was soon diagnosed with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis... aka... Lou Gehrigs Desease, and given five years to live. He is still alive 20 years later... but is confined to a wheel chair and the only muscles on him that still works on him is his eyelids to blink... sad.
    Dude, Jason Becker was the man and still is. It's a remarkable story and very unfortunate what happened to him. If he had been able to keep playing, there is no telling where he would be now. The kid was David Lee Roth's guitarist at 21. He was following in the footsteps of Eddie Van Halen and Steve Vai, two of the most well known and amazing guitarists of our time.

Have you heard the guitar tracks on DLR's album with Becker, A lil ain't enough? Awesome stuff.

Some other great guitarists...
    Jonny Lang, Kenny Wayne Shepard, Buckethead, Eddie Van Halen (when sober), Jeff Beck, John Lowery (White Zombie, DLR), Steve Vai, Joe Satriani

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Stick to the topic! Stevie Ray is the man. Listen to him all the time!

hell ya mannn!!

damn..that is sum sad stuff man...

beatango2008 is offline Senior Member
    I heard that Eric Clapton pre-recorded all his guitar playing before his concerts because he got real nervous and couldnt play as well.
    Just somthing I heard.

his music is badass...i wish i would've grown up back in those days, drivin a 69 chevelle ss 454 big block, whoopin ford POS mustangs, and partyin it up!! mannn i wish i couldve

nebody chevy fans n ford haters???

beatango2008 is offline Senior Member
    I like amercan muscle myself. ford all the way.

the only ford product i like is the shelby gt on gone in 60 seconds....i work for my father, and we do fiberglass work, we make that whole car basically, fenders, upper and lower valence, hood, trunk, upper and lower scoops, and the rear tail light panel... we made all thos parts for those cars in that movie...they went threw 14 cars in that movie!!! the cars were made by Unique Performence- located in farmers branch, TX...... cool shit tho

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    any of you guys play guitar hero? man texas flood is ****in sweet.....i rape the wammy bar on that shit..haha.

hell ya man texas flood is fukin bad ass dude!! i like voodoo chil and little wing too he plays the shit outta that gui-tar!!

Mike Dura is offline Senior Member
    When I saw your post reading SRV I instantly smiled. I've always been a big fan and in 89 I had the pleasure of seeing him live. Yeah, that's some bad-ass guitar action!

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    I often watch live Steve Videos and wonder how amazing it would have been to see him up close and live...

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Great music when chillen. Life Without You puts me in a good mood no matter whats going on in life.

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Anybody think of Herman Li??? Dragonforce????

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Ive been playing guitar for 10 years now and ive heard a lot of great guitarists. Everyone has there own style of playing but Vai is out there! SRV is an awesome guitar player that i have admired for a while but not my style of music to play on the geetar. Im into the metal now which seems pretty fun to play!

oh ya man its whatever u wanna get into yano i just admire srv, badd asss player jsut watch the videos on utube...he's a talented arists...he's just one of my favs i and i can just kick back with a brew n relax n have a good time

stevie's the greatest imo...bad ass dude..jimi hendrix also...nobody really can play that fukin geeeetar like nobody can...they let looose, play that fukin shit n bam!!! n play that fukcin shit man!!!!!!! nobody else can play that shiiiit like they can ...seriously..FA REALLL!

I mean try playin they're shit on ur guitar.bet ya cant

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Bottom line is that there are so many talented individuals out there.

SRV, Clapton, Satriani, Malmsteen, Vai are just part of that rare few who have their own voice on the guitar. You hear it, you know immediately who it is. That in itself is talent IMO. I am not bragging but i have played guitar sionce i was a little fat kid and almost went to AIM (Atlanta Institute of Music) and i can play some Vai, SRV, Satriani, Malmsteen stuff..but they wrote it and they each put their own vibe into it.

No one is "the best" bla bla bla

Each one is unique and that is why we like them.
    ***No source checks!!!***

shrpskn is offline Anabolic Member
    Johnny Cash!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information