Terinox is offline The One & Only

Video Card question for PC...

I just noticed that my AGP, ATI video card (it's an all in wonder series), does NOT have the AGP set to anything. In the Properties, I noticed it says AGP set to None, and there is an option of 4x and 8x.

I don't actually know exactly what that means or what it does, I assume it's for better quality. So, should I change it to 4x or 8x? And what will it do exactly?

Thnx,
    T.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    it is the speed data can pass through the AGP port. Check your motherboard user manual to see which speed it will support (if any). This will increase graphics perfromance.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    it is the speed data can pass through the AGP port. Check your motherboard user manual to see which speed it will support (if any). This will increase graphics perfromance.
    hey dude, i checked the motherboard specs, and it says it supports apg 8x, and my video card is 8x, and yet, when i try to cahnge the setting to it, it tells me to restart, and i do, and once back into windows, it still shows "AGP None"

Am I missing something? Do I have to do something else in settings or the BIOS maybe?

stu4rt is offline New Member
    normally the speed of agp slot could be configured in bios setting

BROKEN is offline Associate Member
    maby your bios just dosent alow the change

you could try taking the card out then booting up w/o the gfx card and turn it off and put the card back in and try to chang the 4 to 8x

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Change it in the BIOS and u will be fine.

SwiftMove83 is offline Associate Member
    I agree, get into the bios and make the change there, or even when you get into the bios, sometimes it can have an autodetect depending on your motherboard and it wont show in windows, but it will be running at its optimal speed.

But, If you dont know about it, or what it is, then you probably dont need to worry about it.

Thread Information