Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    MBaraso is offline Retired Mod

Bouncers: Taken advantage of?

How many of you bouncers get taken advantage of either by Managers asking u to do duties that you shouldn't be doing (taking out trash etc.) Or by "higher ups" starting fights by hitting on patrons then calling on the radio for help when the boyfriend reacts?
    Discuss? Stories?

unclemoney is offline Senior Member
    Wow that blows, would hate to get into those kinda situations. Got any stories of your own???

Quote Originally Posted by unclemoney
    Wow that blows, would hate to get into those kinda situations. Got any stories of your own???
    8yrs of bounceing? Nawwww....

C'mon bro's lets here it....

Joemeek is offline Junior Member
    Bouncer...i hate that term, should you not be called, door stewards or club security, sounds better than bouncer.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemeek
    Bouncer...i hate that term, should you not be called, door stewards or club security, sounds better than bouncer.
    I've been called them all, but the term "bouncer" draws attn to the thread lol.
    How bout "Greeter" Joemeek? Have u ever been called that? I really didn't like that term...
    Security suits me just fine...How bout u Joe?

Joemeek is offline Junior Member
    To be honest, i've never been a steward but did work in clubs DJing, so i've seen what you guy's have to go through sometimes.
    You got as many girls as i did aswell lol. I've known some bad stewards but a lot more really good ones and i always had a good laugh with them.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Its not like you need a college education to become a bouncer, so I think being asked to take out the garbage isnt to demening. Also for $10 an hour what do expect?

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    my current boss asked me to collect a debt for him the first day i worked there. I got him the money within 20 mins. He was so worried about how i got the cash so quick that now he barely looks me in the eye. Its great!

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    I bounced for a week in college at a bar but after all my friends figured I could get them in underage to the place and there was a big scene I hung up the 'S E C U R I T Y' t-shir for good.

bpm1 is offline Anabolic Member
    wheres superhuman when u need him he's got all sorts if stories

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    i have alot of random stories from my years bouncing. If i sat down and gave it some thought id write them down here, but, i wasnt often put in bad situations via higher ups. Although one of our doormen was in drinking one night, and after behaving like a complete prick, and threatening the guy who was filling in for him, he didnt work with us again

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    ive had to take out trash, sweep, take out bottles..that kind of shit..but that was always part of the job at most bars ive worked at..not all of them, but most. i did get fired one time tho..haha.
    the boss came into our bar..the owner, who apparently showed up like twice a year to pick apart the employees and be an all around dickhead. so anyway, i came in with my shirt ripped down the sleeve, because i caught it on a nail moving a dresser at a buddies place just before..so im jsut like ****, why not cut both sleeves off, at least it will be symetrical..so anyway, i go in with no sleeves, and the bartender is like "joe, you need to cover that up...the owner is here today, and he is very critical about the staff and little details like that..ide put a sweatshirt over top or something"
    so anyway, u put a hoody on...and sure enough, this guy, who doesnt introduce himself, or give me any suggestion as to who he is, (other than picking me apart, so i put 2 and 2 together) walks up to me, and says "uh hey buddy, where is your shirt....you know, the staff shirt, you are suppose to be wearing.." so i just told him the story and im about to apologize, and he cuts me right off and says "oh..oh you moved furniture, in our shirts? unbelievable.." considering i had to PAY for the muther****in shirt, i said "yeah, i moved furniture in this shirt. later i might go skydiving in this shirt, or play tennis in it, cause i ****ing bought it asshole, and what i do in the clothes i pay for is my own decision." he pointed to the door and told me i was fired, i gave him a harty **** you, and i never worked there again.

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    When I used to bounce in Niagara Falls the owners always made us carry empties downstairs and bring new cases up, help the bartenders clean up around the bar etc. I was encouraged to assist the other bouncers in dragging people out back into the parking lot and doing 3-4 on 1 beatings (which I refused to do). I'd also be tricked into meeting up with people at coffee shops that the other bouncers had disputes to get into fights with during the night.
    So basically I would be occupied from 7pm until 5-6am doing a lot of the duties of a bar-back getting paid bullshit money to work with a bunch of coked up/pill popping idiots there were going to get me shot or stabbed sooner or later.

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't mind helping clean up at the end of the night but they want me patrolling the bar for empties all night. I can't watch the door and the crowd while I'm walking around with an armful of bottles. Leave it to the bar back. I have this one manager that would actually give me shit for not being at the door right after telling me to collect bottles. It's like in the one bar I work in that has a fairly strict dress code. No tanks, no colors, no do-rags, no skully caps, no jersey's or team hats, etc. Someone walks in with a tank top on while I'm walking around looking for empty glasses and I get shit for it. Then they had me helping out security at the hotel next door to my other bar running up and down stairs trying to keep drunk kids in the right rooms. WTF. I'm a bouncer not a babysitter. Thank god I have a real job again and I don't have to do that shit anymore.

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    we have a patio with some furniture and tables. we have to clean it up at the end of the night. that doesnt bother me. what bothers me is that we gotta pick up all the glasses and bottles out there also. that should be handled by the barbacks.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    when i worked at a strip club i was made to audition new girls and let the current dancers "practice" on me. I also had to colect all money and hand out fines to girls who broke rules.

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    when i worked at a strip club i was made to audition new girls and let the current dancers "practice" on me. I also had to colect all money and hand out fines to girls who broke rules.

sounds like you had it pretty rough.

Dave-D is offline Junior Member
    I worked as a Security Manager in Miami. Although I had fun, the liability scared the s@#t out of me. The official policy by the club owners was "no force" at all, but at the same time they wanted people ejected if they did not behave. Police would not enter the club, so if a patron would not leave when asked, lets face it the only option for the "security person" would be to go "hands on". Often the patron would react to "hands on" violently and security would respond with force that would stop any further assault. Inevitably the patron being ejected would spin a story to the cops outside and display any visible wounds earned with their irresponsible behavior and attempt to press charges on the bouncer and later sue the club. I spent allot of time taking statements, and pictures to protect my men from lawsuits and arrest. After someone tried to shake down the club for force I used, I respectfully resigned my position. If it had not been for my teammates quickly taking statements on my behalf, I would be paying that A@#hole's mortgage. In retrospect it was a total con as well, but that is another story.

Good stories everyone...
    Nice to know i'm not the only one....

stacked566 is offline Associate Member
    Up at college it's not too bad, just picking up empties and watching the doors. The only thing I got asked to do was clean the bathroom, I said f*ck that...no way..even for a college job. The owner said they always try to get the new guy to do it even tho there is a cleaning service that comes in in the morning.

tadpoleboyy is offline Member
    where i worked we had to clean up empties, moves tables from inside to out, change garbage, watch dudes piss in the bathroom so no fights broke out. I had no prob with that. But the manager was a peice of shit and exploited a lot of the bouncers. A lot of them were army guys, so they are used to taking orders and not talking back. But the manager would have guys work 20 hours straight sometimes on special events, no breaks, no overtime. We werent even allowed to eat on the job, except nasty ass popcorn.To me that is ****ing bullshit, why should he make money at our expense? Thats not even legal. No one said a thing about it. Except me. I got fired...

But i fvcking let it loose on him when he told me i was gone, told him to **** himself, he was a cheap ass, took my shirt, balled it up, and threw it at his chest. F UCK that guy. That job was a joke, will never do it again

I also hated all those idiots who where like " bla bla bla i know so and so i will get you fired if you dont let me in, bla bla do you know who i am? you better let me in im im guna tell Bobby" There is no one i wanted to hurt more than those people
    Last edited by tadpoleboyy; 07-16-2007 at 04:08 PM.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Been doing it for 10yrs, I do my job and go home, I don't do $hit for anyone.

-Gear

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    the only thing that bothered me is when they would call me last minute and ask me to come in. otherwise i dont mind the job and what it includes. everyone from the head of security to the newest guy would help clean up at the end of the night so it doesnt seem like a big deal to me.

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by number twelve
    the only thing that bothered me is when they would call me last minute and ask me to come in. otherwise i dont mind the job and what it includes. everyone from the head of security to the newest guy would help clean up at the end of the night so it doesnt seem like a big deal to me.
    Yeah I hear that. I've had to cover for people at a couple different bars but one night my buddy calls me up and asks me to work this restaurant. I have to wear black pants and a black polo and I have to be there in an hour. I said "yeah right." I don't even own black pants and a black polo.

Thread Information