SEL 500? Anyone?

Anyone interested? Pm me for more info if so

80,000 miles for only $8500.00 !!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SEL 500? Anyone?-img_0030.jpg  

timtim is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UberSteroids
    Anyone interested? Pm me for more info if so

80,000 miles for only $8500.00 !!!

very tempting. the only issue is there is no warranty which means $150 oil changes and all the extras that kill these wonderful cars. its better to lease bmws and mercedes now then to own and i am a strictly an own type of guy.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by timtim
    very tempting. the only issue is there is no warranty which means $150 oil changes and all the extras that kill these wonderful cars. its better to lease bmws and mercedes now then to own and i am a strictly an own type of guy.
    i just bought a new Benz sat. Much better deal buying then leasing. You still have to pay for the service if you lease. But remember it only needs the oil change 1 time a year.

timtim is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    i just bought a new Benz sat. Much better deal buying then leasing. You still have to pay for the service if you lease. But remember it only needs the oil change 1 time a year.
    that is true, i forgot about that. my point was mainly towards buying from an independent owner rather than a dealership. once you purchase outside the dealership youre on your own. with bmws i am 99% certain the warranty covers all the services under a lease. if im wrong please tell me, my wife is trying to get me to go along with a lease and she keeps restating this to me.

congrats on the purchase.

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Last edited by goodcents; 08-07-2007 at 12:42 PM.

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    Purchased BMW 03 X5 4.6 and electronic shits keeps being a bitch. The steering wheel and air conditioning got minds of their own. Well, air condition is extremely intermittent though. In general, they work whenever they feel like it and when testing the vehicle at the dealership, it didn't throw any codes.

BMW, not so much. Next car will be a high end Lexus
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SEL 500? Anyone?-100_0211.jpg  

timtim is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage
    Purchased BMW 03 X5 4.6 and electronic shits keeps being a bitch. The steering wheel and air conditioning got minds of their own. Well, air condition is extremely intermittent though. In general, they work whenever they feel like it and when testing the vehicle at the dealership, it didn't throw any codes.

BMW, not so much. Next car will be a high end Lexus

woman i work with has said the same thing and im telling my wife that but she is stuck on it because she has the idea of having a bmw in her head. missing the reality componenet.

BMW does advertise that its free service. i don't know whats covered under that.

Quote Originally Posted by timtim
    woman i work with has said the same thing and im telling my wife that but she is stuck on it because she has the idea of having a bmw in her head. missing the reality componenet.
    Get her a Lexus, its similar prestige when comes to luxury and overall less problematic in general.
    When I take my car for service, they give me a damn Honda Accord to drive around in where on the other hand; Lexus gives you one of their newer models over yours to drive around town. Hmmm, me likes.

BMW has a nice line up and great engines, but it’s the small things (electrinic bugs/glitches) that play a big role when shit goes down in these cars. Very common frustration among majority of BMW owners.

BMW does advertise that its free service. i don't know whats covered under that.
    $150 per hour only for diagnostics to determine the issue, the word "free" is nowhere near....

Quote Originally Posted by Sage
    $150 per hour only for diagnostics to determine the issue, the word "free" is nowhere near....
    Maybe service isn't the right word. free maintenance. Oil changes and stuff. Not sure if brakes are covered.

Maybe service isn't the right word. free maintenance. Oil changes and stuff. Not sure if brakes are covered.
    I never purchased a brand new car in my life, so maybe they offer a few perks here and there. All I know for fact is that they supply their customers with free BMW bottled water, at least @ my local dealership that is. All you can drink baby

BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member
    i always favored honda/acura products but have since bought a caddy DTS and a 2005 z06 vette. I am american once again guys, seriously GM has impressed the hell out of me the past 3 years, I am actually thinking about giving the wifey the DTS and getting S type CTS. I owned a 2001 mercedes slk and LOVED THAT SHIT!! until I replaced a water pump then a timing belt then the censors went bad. I bought it new so I didnt get a lemon, and if the problems were a cheap fix Id still probably have the car but OMG when it was time to service "benny" it costed an arm and a leg. Even now I look at your 300 and want another benz but i just cant justify maintaining it again.

BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member
    ^^^ thats a 500 sorry

Thread Information