sonnygll is offline Member

Unusual sleep problem

I have question for the larger tapered guys. I have gotten to where I am pretty broad in the shoulders and then it goes in the usual V down towards my waist. I am having problems sleeping on my side. I seem to pinch my ulnar nerve in the shoulder somewhere when I sleep on it. So my 3rd and 4th finger and part of my hand go numb. I try to raise my arm up so I am laying on lat instead, but sometimes I end up on the shoulder when I roll over while sleeping. Does anyone else have that problem?

I got a very nice 4 inch, 4.5 lbs density memory foam topper but that only helps to a point. So I wonder if anyone else sleeps on their side at all?

Ok how about this. Do any of you who are broad shouldered and tapered sleep on your side at all?
    I'm thinking maybe I just need to try not to do that.

Merc.. is offline Steroidpedia
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnygll
    Ok how about this. Do any of you who are broad shouldered and tapered sleep on your side at all?
    I'm thinking maybe I just need to try not to do that.
    I dont have that problem . My girl says I am a wild man when I am sleeping. I thrash and kick and twitch . I dunno what the hell is going on with that .. Anyways , Have you recently put on weight ? I only ask because I have a friend that has complained of something sorta similar to what your describing. He has just recently but on alot of muscle and he thinks that the problem he's having is related to that . Just came to mind as I read your post...

Oh since this is not steriod related question I am going to have it moved to the lounge as you may get a better response there..

Merc
    Last edited by Merc..; 08-09-2007 at 01:37 PM.

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    yea i carry on convos... and move around all night... i elbowed my girl in the eye once and blacked it ... try hearing abut that in the mouring...

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    i have a similar problem that when i sleep on my side the next day i have seveere shoulder pain on whichever side ive slept,i also get this pain throughout the night,i just have to use an extra pillowto take the stress off of the shoulder a tad.........................

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    I have a big problem sleeping on my wide shoulders. I usually kinda tuck my shoulder under to compensate. I woke up one morning a few months ago with some serious instability in my shoulder and a pinched nerve that made life hell. I am yet to be able to bench press but it is getting better.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos
    I have a big problem sleeping on my wide shoulders. I usually kinda tuck my shoulder under to compensate. I woke up one morning a few months ago with some serious instability in my shoulder and a pinched nerve that made life hell. I am yet to be able to bench press but it is getting better.
    Sorry to hear that... Dont push to hard to soon.. Hoping for a quick full recovery for ya..

Actually I lost weight. So I wasn't very tapered before. Now I am, so there seems to be more pressure on my shoulder. Same thing though, a large increase in muscle mass would make you wider too. I've got a cycle coming up, so my shoulder will stick out even further past my waist then.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pewntang
    yea i carry on convos... and move around all night... i elbowed my girl in the eye once and blacked it ... try hearing abut that in the mouring...
    Yea I can imagine that, Plus than your girl has a black eye and you all tell everyone the truth on how it happened , but people think you beat your girl..

Ok, so this is looking like a typical problem for bodybuilders who sleep on their sides. At least so far.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Have you tried sleeping on your back? I wake up a lot with numbness in my arms. Just a common occurrance, I think. Never thought to much about it.
    Peace,
    CR

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    Quote Originally Posted by ottomaddox
    Have you tried sleeping on your back? I wake up a lot with numbness in my arms. Just a common occurrance, I think. Never thought to much about it.
    Peace,
    CR
    good time to give yourself The Stranger

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Kratos, you kill me.

Stock is offline Member
    I wake up sore if I sleep on my side due to the saem problem. Mostly I sleep facing down, but that is the position I snore in and the wife has issues with that...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic
    Kratos, you kill me.
    yea he is a funny mofo !!

LOL

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Quote Originally Posted by mercedesdd
    I dont have that problem . My girl says I am a wild man when I am sleeping. I thrash and kick and twitch . I dunno what the hell is going on with that .. Anyways , Have you recently put on weight ? I only ask because I have a friend that has complained of something sorta similar to what your describing. He has just recently but on alot of muscle and he thinks that the problem he's having is related to that . Just came to mind as I read your post...

Oh since this is not steriod related question I am going to have it moved to the lounge as you may get a better response there..

Merc

Get a sleep test done. I used to twitch a lot, my doctor did blood work and found I had low iron levels. The twitching stopped afterwards.

nice!

Yea, I am thinking the best thing for it is to learn to like sleeping on my back. Either that or have my arm up instead of in front of me.

I get a warm tingley feeling from the lower trap over to the bottom of the rear delt on 1 side.

Being a systems administrator, heavy mouse usage made the problem worse too. I switched to a trackball to fix that part of it.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    its not my back its my poor arm if i sleep on my side.. that bitch gets SMASHED so i have slept on my back and only my back for past few years

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54
    Get a sleep test done. I used to twitch a lot, my doctor did blood work and found I had low iron levels. The twitching stopped afterwards.
    Did you twitch Just in your sleep or during the day??

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i twitch during intercourse as well..

well its more of a spastic shuddering motion but u know..

That happens to me too. Blowjobs do it more then anything. It's a good early warning system.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries

Merc
    same here... my wife often goes elsewhere during the course of the night because i flip around so much... i wake up sometimes from the pain in my shoulder when my arm is up for long periods of time.... it sucks.

i actually often find myself curled up in the good 'ol fetal position... lol

Anavar Man is offline Member
    I feel for you Sonnygill, My arms fall asleep every night when I'm on my side for about the last 6 months. It's driving me crazy, I'm going to see a nurologist to see if it's a pinched nerve and see if they can do anything. I try to sleep on my back but inevitably I turn on my side.

wantmoremass is offline Associate Member
    New to the forum, but had to comment on this thread. My shoulders (moreso the right) kill at night if i'm in the wrong position. I tend to sleep on my side or stomach, but if my arms up under the pillow or under my (while on my side) it seems to put enough pressure on to cause some joint pain. I'm 6', 207, and getting bigger all the time. It was never a problem until I hit about 195-200 in the last couple of years.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc.
    Just in my sleep. I take Palafer to treat it

Thread Information