ecivon is offline Member

FBI: Bank robber no match for bodybuilder

FBI: Bank robber no match for bodybuilder
    By Susan Gilmore

Seattle Times staff reporter

"Old School" was expelled Friday, thanks to a world-class body builder.

It all happened in Lynnwood when a robber, known to the FBI as "Old School" because of a bandanna he always wore across his face — an old-school disguise — tried to rob a Banner Bank.

He was ambushed by a customer who just happens to be a top bodybuilder, Todd Jewell, 26, of Yakima.

"This guy [Old School] was elusive and I applaud him [Jewell]," FBI agent Larry Carr, who is based in Seattle. "This is one of those cases where every week since this guy started hitting I had to e-mail (warnings) to banks. Now I don't have to do this thanks to Mr. Jewell."

Carr said the Old School robber, identified as Chadwick Asheim of Seattle, is a suspect in nine bank robberies in the past two months, all in the Seattle area.

On Friday, he walked into a Banner Bank office on 188th Street Southwest in Lynnwood and told the teller, "Give me the money, give me the money, right now."

Jewell, who was in the bank with his wife, heard the threat and grabbed Asheim, pulling him away from the teller. "He was in quite the fight for his life," said Carr. "If caught inside the bank he'd go to jail for life. It was quite the struggle."

Jewell was able to su**ue the man until police arrived, Carr said. Asheim was taken to the hospital for broken ribs and cuts and will be transferred to federal custody. Carr said charges likely will be filed on Monday.

Carr said a warrant was out for Asheim, who supposedly is homeless, for leaving a halfway house, and agents thought he might be responsible for the bank robberies, but they couldn't catch him.

Jewell, on his Web site, said he just completed his first national level bodybuilding competition and took 7th in the heavyweight class and was named Amateur of the Week on a bodybuilding Web site.

He said he's been bodybuilding for five years, and started lifting at age 14. He said he weighs 254 pounds.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    All the more reason not to fvck with the big guys...

lightwaytbaby is offline "Anabolic Reviews Affliction"
    lol...true that...

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    ohhh... yea...

buffgator is offline king of mass
    I read an article one time about mike tyson slapping chris cormier at a night club, then the next night chris and like ten buddies found mike tyson at a restraunt and demanded an apologie which mike was quick to do. Has anyone ever read this article or know where I can find it?

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by buffgator
    I read an article one time about mike tyson slapping chris cormier at a night club, then the next night chris and like ten buddies found mike tyson at a restraunt and demanded an apologie which mike was quick to do. Has anyone ever read this article or know where I can find it?
    i found this from another site.. but there's not much on the incident....

"I'm sure some of you guys remember this story. It was told by the Real Deal himself in a Muscle and Fitness article about 4 years ago with Milos Sarcev interviewing him. Anyways from what I remember in the story, Cormier was bouncing at a nightclub and was smacked in the back of the head , said if felt like a brick hit him. He turned around and saw Mike Tyson and his entourage, drunk and lau***ng. Anyways Cormer wisely backed off. In the interview he said he felt as if someone had a gun to his face. The end of the story is what I'm not too sure about. If I recall correctly, Cormier called up Flex Wheeler and Rico Mcclinton and possibly some others but only Flex and Mcclinton come to my memory. I heard something about the 3 (or more) of them following Tyson to another club and asking him to apologize to Cormier. Anybody know more details to this story? I would've LOVED to see Cormier knock him on his ass but of course that is wishful thinking."

vitor is offline Anabolic Member
    Cormier knock tyson on hes ass lol...

Please...fighting is fighting and bodybuilding is bodybuilding...Most bb doesnt even have enough stamina to walk up the stairs w/o getting winded...

These days Tyson is so out of shape that it woudnt have been a shock though...

WelshWarrior is offline Senior Member
    I read the Cormier article in Flex - must a been about ten years ago now?

As I recall it only went up to Cormier backing down. I think the part where Cormier and BB buddies demand an apology (and get one) is unlikely.

As Vitor says, big muscles doesn't mean hard.

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Here's a pic I found of him on his website, pretty jacked.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FBI: Bank robber no match for bodybuilder-comstock_sidebi_lat_resized.jpg  

Thread Information