Thread: Back in the Gym

bowonly is offline Associate Member

Back in the Gym

Well after taking off a little over 2-weeks from the gym (due to a vasectomy), I went back in Friday for a "get back into it" workout. My intentions was to go slow and easy, light weight. I started on the bench and pressed 225 x 8, then again 225 x 8 and ended at 225 x 10. It's been awhile since I just pushed 225 without going up, but I have never done it that easy. I guess the break was good.

Then I needed a fly machine, which a guy at the gym about my size and age met me there at the same time. Next thing I know, the light went out the window and I had a new workout partner for the day. GREAT WORKOUT.. still sore today.

You need to change your workout up to keep things from going stale... but the new workout partner was the best workout I have had and a long time!

jon77 is offline Banned
    [QUOTE=bowonly]You need to change your workout up to keep things from going stale...
    Agreed. Confusing your muscles with different routines and exercises from time to time brings about new fiber growth! An important Joe Weider principle if I might add....

Another great workout with this guy. The only thing is he likes to do lots of sets and as many as you can do. So I start off, I can keep up, but then we get on the 4th, 5th set and that's it. I hit a WALL. Strong at first, no endurance! I like working out with him, because it pushes me to stay up. Motivation!!!

Jon... DAMN BOY, nice pic!

lightwaytbaby is offline "Anabolic Reviews Affliction"
    Quote Originally Posted by bowonly
    Well after taking off a little over 2-weeks from the gym (due to a vasectomy), I went back in Friday for a "get back into it" workout. My intentions was to go slow and easy, light weight. I started on the bench and pressed 225 x 8, then again 225 x 8 and ended at 225 x 10. It's been awhile since I just pushed 225 without going up, but I have never done it that easy. I guess the break was good.

Then I needed a fly machine, which a guy at the gym about my size and age met me there at the same time. Next thing I know, the light went out the window and I had a new workout partner for the day. GREAT WORKOUT.. still sore today.

You need to change your workout up to keep things from going stale... but the new workout partner was the best workout I have had and a long time!
    rest is just as important as working out...train hard and have fun...oh and dont forget its ok to blow in her now

oh and dont forget its ok to blow in her now
    NOT YET!!! I have to go give a sample in 6 and 12-weeks to make sure no more swimmers!!!

domeyeahaigh is offline Senior Member
    why get a vasectomy?

I already have 3 GREAT BOYS... if we decide to do another, we will adopt. Plenty of kids that need help. At least with a vasectomy, we dont have to worry about a SURPRISE.

Mojoman is offline Junior Member
    Yeah, I did the same thing after my Vasectomy. I think taking time off every now and then (especially when hitting a wall) is a good thing to shock your muscles and get more growth. Its been my experience.

sonnygll is offline Member
    So how is it after a vasectomy. Does everything seem the same when you cum? What happens to the sprem? Are they just stuck in your balls or what?

jon77 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnygll
    What happens to the sprem? Are they just stuck in your balls or what?

Well... ya,..kind of.. your body absorbs the swimmers, you just don't ejaculate them. As far as if anything has changed... they say it won't, but I am not sure yet. Everything seams to be the same. The only thing I would question right now is the amount.

Talking

It feels the same, looks the same,and everything. I havent asked wife if it tastes the same though!

sonnygll is offline Member
    Sounds like it might worth considering. Hows recovery time and pain?

My wife hasnt tried it yet. Seriously, the surgery was nothing! After, I set around watching TV while I was waited on hand and foot. Ice pack on the nads. They give you pain pills and say to stay on top of it. So, I did, I took a pill every...6 hours or so. NO PAIN AT ALL. Now the problem is, if they swell, the body has a hard time removing the swelling from your nuts. SO TAKE IT EASY.. no gym for a couple of weeks. So far so good, no swelling, but I havn't hit legs yet, doing that Sunday. I did bent over rows today and could feel it in the lower regions, so I slack off the weight. I WOULD DO IT ALL AGAIN!!!

Ohh.. before surgery, I took a Vallium (sp?) they prescribed for me. The first time I have ever taken one, it made me sleepy. The Doc came in and said... "he's all glassy eyed"... "I can tell he never took any drugs in college".

You also have to shave the balls.. that's growing back and becoming a bother. Just FYI... I should have had the nurse shave them for me, she was flipping the guy around and washing the sacks... I was a little shocked at first, then ... I was like... HEY... how you doin!!!

Well I was a dumb A** and feeling good on the pain meds the day after my surgery. I had some work I had to do in the yard and thought I would just get out there and get it done. After about an hour my nads started hurting like a bitch so I went inside to check them out and they were swollen like some damn tennis balls. I took some more pain pills and didnt move for three damn days while the swelling went away. If you have it done, dont be like me, listen to what your doctor tells ya.

Thread Information