DNoMac is offline Senior Member

Acura TL or TSX?

I've been searching for a new car, and have narrowed it down between the two. They both have their pro's and con's, but I'm still undecided (have not test driven them yet though). Just wondering if anybody has so experience or feedback they could offer between the two.

I know the TL has more power, but I'm sure the TSX would be sufficient for me. I like the the better gas mileage the TSX gets (and it's a little cheaper), however I have to say, I think the TL looks better. What do you guys think?

JackBauer is offline Associate Member
    TL that car is tight man, very nice car

I'm leaning towards the TL right now. Gonna give them a test run sometimes this week.

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    my dad just bought a tl type s it rides awesome...

rx8rone is offline Associate Member
    honda sucks! sorry had to say it

lightwaytbaby is offline "Anabolic Reviews Affliction"
    tl all the way dude...

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    RL is the nicest... a lil steep on the pockets though... bang for the buck sport sedan i like the g35... the legacy spec b is nice too

jon77 is offline Banned
    foreign cars

Quote Originally Posted by pewntang
    my dad just bought a tl type s it rides awesome...
    My buddy just got one as well. He loves it, but says it's a lot of power for FWD. I'm prob gonna get an 05' though, and they didn't bring back the type s until this year.

Also, I have had a honda for the past 7 years, and have had good experiences with them, kinda why I wanted to stick with them (reliable, and maintenance isn't outrageous).

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewade
    RL is the nicest... a lil steep on the pockets though... bang for the buck sport sedan i like the g35... the legacy spec b is nice too
    Bump. I haven't looked too much into the g, but based on looks I'm not a huge fan. They are ok (awd is def a bonus), but I don't think they look as good as the TL. Any reason you prefer it over others?

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    TL is the pimp mobile, bro. I have an MDX and love it - my boy has a TL and it's sick. Great cars, good choice w/ the Acura.

Logan13 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DNoMac
    I've been searching for a new car, and have narrowed it down between the two. They both have their pro's and con's, but I'm still undecided (have not test driven them yet though). Just wondering if anybody has so experience or feedback they could offer between the two.

I know the TL has more power, but I'm sure the TSX would be sufficient for me. I like the the better gas mileage the TSX gets (and it's a little cheaper), however I have to say, I think the TL looks better. What do you guys think?
    Have you tried looking at any cars made for men?
    kidding, I must admit the TL is nice.

http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtest...6mt-sedan.html

If you are a speed junky but would like some class for cheap... they will unleash the 135i by bmw... it is a coupe not sedan and in short i will tell you its 0-60 is under 5.0 and has a V6 twin turbo for only 35k brand new- 4 years bumper to bumper worry free... worth a thought if you like fassssst

KidGalahad is offline Junior Member
    Both handle like shit, but that's coming from a sports car guy. If you're into comfort over handling, you'll love the TL. Why compromise for the TSX?

bowonly is offline Associate Member
    We almost bought the TSX, went with a TL! GREAT CAR!!!! Drove the G35, BMW, Mercedes, Maxima and Civic...TL was a step above all. We had it in the shop to have a door latch fixed and the gave us a new TSX to drive for 4-days. The TL is a much nicer car. Also, the TSX is the same platform as the Honda Accord. The TL is on its own platform.

Yea, I heard the TSX is just the Eurpoean version of the accord coupe (less all the options i guess). It's a cool car, but I don't think it looks as good as the TL. The TSX also handles better, but I'm not a racecar driver. I'm driving a 98' accord right now, so pretty much anything will feel like a 'real' sports car to me. I think the only way I'd buy the TSX is if I had a great deal and it had the a-spec package already on it. Probably gonna test drive the TL tom.

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewade
    http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtest...6mt-sedan.html

If you are a speed junky but would like some class for cheap... they will unleash the 135i by bmw... it is a coupe not sedan and in short i will tell you its 0-60 is under 5.0 and has a V6 twin turbo for only 35k brand new- 4 years bumper to bumper worry free... worth a thought if you like fassssst
    Yea, the 07' is def nice lookin. I'm lookin to buy a few years old, maybe an 04 or 05. Coupes are tight, but I prob won't get one until I'm ballin out enough to get a play car. I'm lookin for something a little more practical. g35 coupe would be one of the top choices though.

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    Try Infiniti G37 or wait for bmw 138. TSX does not have enough power, TL is too heavy and FWD

I pretty much ruled out the TSX. The TL weights 3489, the G37 weighs 3668lbs, but yea FWD kinda sucks.

well you said 04 05 but have u considered something a lil older but higher standard... say 2000-2002 M5?

M5 would be so tight, but I'm apprehensive to get a bmw because of expensive maintenance. That was one of the reasons I wanted to go with Acura.

Thread Information