Not what they used to be. I frequent metal concerts and have for years. Moshing used to be relatively safe and, although it could get rough, there was typically no one really trying to hurt someone else. Now that i'm a little to old for mosh pits (30yo), i always get tickets to the floor but usually only hit the pit for spurts of no more than a minute or so and then go back with watching the band.

okay so last night during the proj rev tour, these mf's were actually running from 12-15 feet toward someone and would intentionally knock them to the ground. alright fine, if that's what they want to do to eachother then fine. so i get in there and i'm doing what i do and i see this dude sprint from 15 feet away from me and does his damnest to knock my ass to the ground.... and almost did. after the song i went up to him and was like, bro - i don't know what you think moshing is.. but that's not it - you do that sh*t to me again and you'll regret it.. dude laughs.

i'm standing on the rim of the pit during the next set and dude rams into me... i push him off.. he circles and i see this mf start running toward me and turns his back to me at the last second before he hits me.... and i f'n elbowed this effer right in the back and i know it hurt him bad.

just one of my many stories from last night.... but really, get in there and thrash and mosh but don't try to hurt people on purpose...

peace,

IG