flex25j is offline Junior Member

Question need good site to buy dumbells

i go to a small gym and alot of the dumbells are bent and started to break they told me to find somewhere to get new ones they just bought 15-55lbs from york with a rubber coated but they dont have 60 on up does anyone know where i can find them?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by flex25j
    i go to a small gym and alot of the dumbells are bent and started to break they told me to find somewhere to get new ones they just bought 15-55lbs from york with a rubber coated but they dont have 60 on up does anyone know where i can find them?
    where are you located. Pm if you want i sell fitness equipment

browboy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flex25j
    Dude,
    How this isn't against forum rules, but I just purchased the Bowflex Select Tech dumbells...they are totally awesome. They have couple different sets (one goes from 5 to 52.5 and the other from 10 to 90. Both in increments of 2.5 to 5 lbs.) I got the larger set, with the rack and bench. Totally stoked! They are awesome. I think much better than the powerblocks, cause they aren't square. Have used them in the gym and I think they are limited to certain exercises due to their shape. Also, so much better than having a whole wall of dumbells hangin around.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by browboy
    Dude,
    How this isn't against forum rules, but I just purchased the Bowflex Select Tech dumbells...they are totally awesome. They have couple different sets (one goes from 5 to 52.5 and the other from 10 to 90. Both in increments of 2.5 to 5 lbs.) I got the larger set, with the rack and bench. Totally stoked! They are awesome. I think much better than the powerblocks, cause they aren't square. Have used them in the gym and I think they are limited to certain exercises due to their shape. Also, so much better than having a whole wall of dumbells hangin around.
    I dont see how its against the rules.

I agree with you about the above. I'm not a fan of power blocks. Just be careful with the bowflex ones. They have a tendency not to grasp the weight plates securely. Give them a little shake when you pick them up to be sure.

Thread Information