goose is offline Banned

who has seen the TV series the wire???

A mate of mine says I must buy all season`s...He said it`s pure art,the best TV ever from the States.I`m thinking of buying them all 2moro on Ebay,would like to get some feedback.Cheers!! I loved OZ and he said it`s better

Who has seen it? reviews?

nwoblacknwhite is offline New Member
    best show/drama on tv you gotta watch it from season 1.

TR'05 is offline Member
    Great show. Probably my favourite...All seasons are great....If you can find them for a good price, pick them up!! I'm terrible with computers but if you have a friend, or know someone, up on torrents or whatever see if they can download them for you.

You won't be dissapointed either way!

Mogamedogz is offline Member
    The Wire is the greatest television show ever made.

And it is not even CLOSE.

You have to watch it from season one to truely understand the beauty of the show.

I suggest renting the series on DVD, and watching it as one big movie.

goose is offline Banned
    Thats it going to buy them all second hand on ebay.Thanks guys.I think 90% of tv from the states is crap,but when you do have good art,it`s truly amazing.

Stock is offline Member
    Yes, Worth getting and watching over and over. IMO, HBO puts on the best shows. My current favorite is Entourage. It's an awesome show as well...

Titleist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stock
    IMO, HBO puts on the best shows. My current favorite is Entourage. It's an awesome show as well...
    I agree.

Sopranos and Entourage are my two favorite TV shows of all time. I haven't seen The Wire, but I guess I'll have to.

Goose, if you haven't seen The Sopranos and Entourage, those two series need to be next on your list. Amazing acting/writing/directing in both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Titleist
    I agree.

Sopranos and Entourage are my two favorite TV shows of all time. I haven't seen The Wire, but I guess I'll have to.

Goose, if you haven't seen The Sopranos and Entourage, those two series need to be next on your list. Amazing acting/writing/directing in both of them.
    The Wire trumps all. The writing, the acting... it's all perfect. Not a flaw to be found.

TR'05 is offline Member
    Anyone know when Season 5 drops?

I loved 4 and cannot wait for the new one to air.

Titleist,

See The Wire!! Make sure you have plenty of time to put aside, though! I went through Seasons 1-3 in about two weeks when I first heard about the show early this year.

goose is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TR'05
    Anyone know when Season 5 drops?

I loved 4 and cannot wait for the new one to air.

Titleist,

See The Wire!! Make sure you have plenty of time to put aside, though! I went through Seasons 1-3 in about two weeks when I first heard about the show early this year.
    My mate watched season 1-3 in like two weeks,he said he was living that show,in his blood.started to call me my nigga said he cant stop using that word,I guess from the show.

Quote Originally Posted by goose4
    My mate watched season 1-3 in like two weeks,he said he was living that show,in his blood.started to call me my nigga said he cant stop using that word,I guess from the show.
    The final scene of season one... is one of the greatest scenes in the history of television (IMO). You have to watch the show as one long movie to really appriciate it though.

Put aside like two hours a night after the gym, and watch two episodes per night. You'll be addicted almost instantly.

I have watched every single episode on HBO (as it aired), but I still went back and watched the DVD's as one big movie. I enjoyed it even more the second time around.

Season 1 = A+
    Season 2 = A+
    Season 3 = A+
    Season 4 + A+

Im not sure how Michael K. Smith didnt win MULTIPLE awards for his role on this show. He character is one of the most complexed ever written.

There are numerous different actors who are deserving of awards for their parts on the show... Im not sure how they manage to go unnoticed by mainstream America.

I think because most people look at it and think..."Oh, it's just another Urban drama"... They couldnt be more wrong. The show is about an American City rotting from the inside out. From City hall, all the way down to the crack riddled allies of West Baltimore.

Man, I cant wait for season 5 (They are filming it now)... It'll be sad to see this show end. (This will be the final season).

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    The Wire is the shit!!! IMO the greatest TV drama ever made. It can be compared to the Sopranos (the early years) but it's on a whole nother level.

Titleist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogamedogz
    The Wire trumps all. The writing, the acting... it's all perfect. Not a flaw to be found.
    Quote Originally Posted by TR'05
    Titleist,

Well, I guess I'll have to buy all of the seasons then.

Glad to have found a new show to watch. My TV life has been rather empty since The Sopranos ended...

Thread Information