Jiesel is offline Associate Member

Buying Loose Diamonds....

How do you guys feel about buying loose diamonds online? I've seen a lot of good deals out there online but I am very skeptical. Particularly on eBay, an add like this -->http://cgi.ebay.com/1-02-CARAT-D-COL...QQcmdZViewItem<-- seems unlikely for the price. What are your thoughts? I know a good place to look is pawn shops, but what can I expect to pay there?

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    never thought of it... i'm too worried about buying food, supplements, etc.

TR'05 is offline Member
    No idea...but all this talk about buying loose diamonds reminds me of Donnie Brasco.

Careful of the fugazzis, bro. I'd people try to sell the fugazzis on ebay quite often.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I def. wouldnt trust it at all

Jiesel is offline Associate Member
    yea they have good feedback but I'm the kinda need to see It to believe Its real person so I would wanna touch and possibly have the diamond appraised before purchase.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    is this for investment purposes?

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    The diamond itself has the best colour that you can get but the worst clarity. I'm not a gemologist whatsoever but considering the clarity it could be possible.

39+1 is offline Banned
    Hey I tried to get some gear on line and that turned to crap so yeah try diamonds that sounds even better

Biff Studly is offline New Member

Got mine online....

I bought a nice rock online for my significant others engagement ring a few years back. She's a fan of the emerald cut and i was looking for one that really had alot of sparkle as the emerald cut is not the best cut for this. So, I needed a really high quality e.cut. All the stores had garbage or were way overpriced. I decided to buy a loose center e.cut diamond for the center stone online and then bought a Veragio band to have it mounted in.

The online place I got it from was great to work with. What they did was to send it to a local jeweler so I could inspect it and so I could have it appraised before purchase. The diamond was choice and the price was unbeatable..even the jeweler said it was a steal. So I bought the diamond and had it mounted locally in the setting. The rock really catches the sunlight and throws off magnificent color. But like I said, it was a very high quality emerald cut.

As far as ebay and such, I think it is a huge risk. You just don't know. I would at least look for a place that gives you a 30 day inspection period.

Best of luck...

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    If I buy I diamond, I want to make sure it is a conflict diamond.

gya321 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TR'05
    No idea...but all this talk about buying loose diamonds reminds me of Donnie Brasco.

Careful of the fugazzis, bro. I'd people try to sell the fugazzis on ebay quite often.
    This is a beautiful thing. I dont know about buying online. Ive bought loose ruby from one of those home shopping channels and brought them to a jewelry store and sold them for a bunch more. GOod Luck!

Thread Information