http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=30b_1189804028

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    dam that sucks

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizz28
    This happens too much over there...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=30b_1189804028
    I remember seeing a british army guy interviewed on the news as he was shipped out for the 2nd gulf war, they asked him if he was worried about the Iraqis, he replied:

"I'm more worried about the bloody Americans!"

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    I remember seeing a british army guy interviewed on the news as he was shipped out for the 2nd gulf war, they asked him if he was worried about the Iraqis, he replied:

"I'm more worried about the bloody Americans!"
    honestly that an f'n stupid remark by that guy. statistically there is just no conmparison to hitting legit targets vs. friendly fire mishaps.

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno
    honestly that an f'n stupid remark by that guy. statistically there is just no conmparison to hitting legit targets vs. friendly fire mishaps.
    eh..
    whats an legit target?

are some murky cars drivin to some cousins wedding at some dusty farm... = a legit target?

A lot of people die there, what percentage of those people had "evil" intentions on their minds when they got blown up,, only god knows. or if u dont beleive in god, than no one knows hehe

Blog Entries
    welp, in my book - whatever your opinion is of the war, a "legit target" is firing upon the enemy as opposed to your own. not too complicated. my point is the guy who said that he's more afraid of Americans firing upon him is a dumb comment considering the statistics related to friendly fire. it happened in the gulf war and every other war as well.

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    Little off-topic, but interesting.. this came across the DOW JONES WIRES today.. a little different point of view, and perspective thru the eyes of an insurgent leader..

BAGHDAD (AP)--Iraq Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki's government claims to be
    close to the U.S. when in fact "the full loyalty is to Iran," the spokesman of
    a leading insurgent group said in remarks aired Sunday.

Ibrahim al-Shammari of the Islamic Army in Iraq told Al-Jazeera television
    that Iraq is currently occupied by Iran and the U.S. but the Persian state is
    the more dangerous.

The Islamic Army in Iraq is among the best known insurgent groups in Iraq and
    consists many former members of Saddam Hussein's army and security agencies. In
    recent months, members of the group joined a revolt against al-Qaida in Iraq
    and blamed the terror organization for the killing of several of its cadres.

Al-Shammari said that relations with al-Qaida deteriorated sharply after it
    established the so-called Islamic State of Iraq in October 2006.

But the al-Shammari's sharpest criticism was reserved for the Iranians and
    the Mahdi Army militia of radical Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr, which has been
    blamed for killing Sunni civilians during the past two years.

Al-Shammari said it was "impossible for the Iranian Mahdi Army" to come to
    any agreement with the Sunni insurgents who are "fighting to liberate Iraq from
    the Americans and the Iranians."

"Iraqi is subjected to two occupations but the more dangerous is the Iranian
    occupation. If the Americans withdraw from Iraq and the Iranians stay, we will
    fight them," al-Shammari said.

His face was blacked out during the interview for security reasons.

Al-Shammari also criticized last week's congressional testimony by the top
    U.S. commander Gen. David Petraeus. The general cited security gains,
    especially in Anbar province where many Sunni clans had turned against
    al-Qaida.

Al-Shammari said Petraeus' report "shifts defeat to the next president who
    will be most probably a Democrat."

"What happened in Anbar province is that al-Qaida members started targeting
    everybody who disagreed with them. Violations were made along with wrongful
    policies against the tribes there. The Americans intervened in order to make
    use of this situation," al-Shammari said.

"They (Americans) said 'we made the tribes do this' and although Bush's
    policy got some boost...it is a matter of exploiting the gap that happened
    between al-Qaida and the Sunnis who (gave) them refuge at one point. They make
    use of the disagreement between al-Qaida and the tribes. The Americans tried to
    separate between al-Qaida and the tribes," he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno
    welp, in my book - whatever your opinion is of the war, a "legit target" is firing upon the enemy as opposed to your own. not too complicated. my point is the guy who said that he's more afraid of Americans firing upon him is a dumb comment considering the statistics related to friendly fire. it happened in the gulf war and every other war as well.
    Have you got those statistics to hand? - I remember seeing them after the first gulf war and the number of UK troops killed by US forces compared to the number killed by the Iraqis was actually quite alarming.

Blog Entries
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/en...&dopt=Citation

looks to be about 22% which is alarming indeed. i didn't know it was that high. wow. (taking foot, inserting into mouth)

Serotonin is offline Member
    Damn, any of you see that vid earlier this year I think, that was of the pilots flying around and a British convoy was on the road. There was a miscommunication and they fired on them (dont' remember if it was rockets or just an incendiary round or what). Like a minute later all these other Force Command Authorities are on the radio... BE ADVISED YOU ARE FIRING ON FRIENDLIES. The pilots were like "Oh shit, Oh shit... dude we're going to prison."

The audio was intense and it really makes you feel for everyone in those situations. Obviously, it wasn't intentional but you still get held accountable for those mistakes. Terrible stuff.

As far as Americans always doing it, I'd say it could happen either way if maybe there were more than 20 Brits in Iraq.

Serotonin is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Serotonin
    Damn, any of you see that vid earlier this year I think, that was of the pilots flying around and a British convoy was on the road. There was a miscommunication and they fired on them (dont' remember if it was rockets or just an incendiary round or what). Like a minute later all these other Force Command Authorities are on the radio... BE ADVISED YOU ARE FIRING ON FRIENDLIES. The pilots were like "Oh shit, Oh shit... dude we're going to prison."

The audio was intense and it really makes you feel for everyone in those situations. Obviously, it wasn't intentional but you still get held accountable for those mistakes. Terrible stuff.

As far as Americans always doing it, I'd say it could happen either way if maybe there were more than 20 Brits in Iraq.
    (not that there should be... hell I don't think we belong over there.)

Quote Originally Posted by Serotonin
    We're more about the quality rather than the quantity!

Thread Information