billybambam is offline Banned

Late Night Brownies

Last night I got back form the Gym around 10:30, and there on the Kitchen counter was a huge plate of Brownies left over from what my wife had made for my sons YAFL football team and my daughters YAFL Cheerleading bake sale.
    I couldn't help it... I took the top off the crystal platter that they were so neatly placed in, and began to eat! oooohhhhh Soooo Good!
    Then I had to get me a big glass of skim milk right along with another big ole fat brownie. (Yes I ate TWO!)
    About 30 minutes later I felt like a complete Fat A$$ Pig. Sitting on my livingroom floor stretching and watching the movie "Wild Hogs".
    This made me feel even more like a FAT A$$ PIG!
    So today, I have had nothing but my Vita-drink mixed with my whey protein, then a handful of raw almonds, and 2 packs of Soybeans.
    I hope that I'm not the only one that breaks down and does stuff like this.

3bd
    3bd is offline Anabolic Member
    Shit that's nothing... I drank about 16 Bud Lights last night!

You live anywhere near Tramway?

ftony is offline Associate Member
    I'm right with you guys 10 drinks,ate a large pie by myself and tried 2 convert a Lesbian....ugh,man i cant go back there for awhile...

3bd
    ^lol

Quote Originally Posted by 3**
    Sht that's nothing... I drank about 16 Bud Lights last night!

You live anywhere near Tramway?
    Yeah, you here in ABQ?

3bd
    Nah, I'm an El Paso boy. Live in Nevada now. But my grandma lives there off of Tramway. I like that part of Querque. I went on the tram for the first time this past summer. Cool ride.

I live about 20 minutes from Tramway / I-40. (CedarCrest) "East Mountains". You gonna jump the border and pick up some gear while your down there?
    I lived in El Paso for a few years and liked being able to hit the Pharma once or twice a month.

3bd
    Cedar Crest - yeah I know it too, my unlce lives there. I've always been afraid to try to walk across the border with gear. But hey, there's a first time for everything! Maybe I will one of these times when I go back to visit family.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by billybambam
    Last night I got back form the Gym around 10:30, and there on the Kitchen counter was a huge plate of Brownies left over from what my wife had made for my sons YAFL football team and my daughters YAFL Cheerleading bake sale.
    I couldn't help it... I took the top off the crystal platter that they were so neatly placed in, and began to eat! oooohhhhh Soooo Good!
    Then I had to get me a big glass of skim milk right along with another big ole fat brownie. (Yes I ate TWO!)
    About 30 minutes later I felt like a complete Fat A$$ Pig. Sitting on my livingroom floor stretching and watching the movie "Wild Hogs".
    This made me feel even more like a FAT A$$ PIG!
    So today, I have had nothing but my Vita-drink mixed with my whey protein, then a handful of raw almonds, and 2 packs of Soybeans.
    I hope that I'm not the only one that breaks down and does stuff like this.

ok 2 things

1. to think that 2 brownies are going to do anything, esp if diet is in check or 90% even the other days of the week, is retarded
    2. eating nothing but liquid protein, a handful of almonds, and soybeans, because you ate a mere 2 brownies the previouis day, is retarded

it sounds like you might need some help honestly.........i mean honestly

1. you are not going to get big worrying about bullshit like this
    2. the whole thing is just retarded

sorry if i sound like a dick right now, but what i am saying is true

i have studied genetics for going on 10 hours as of now this weekend, and will probably be up until 4 am again tonight, on saturdday, as i did on friday, so just dont take that 2 personally im just a little bitter right now

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    sorry if i sound like a dick right now, but what i am saying is true

i have studied genetics for going on 10 hours as of now this weekend, and will probably be up until 4 am again tonight, on saturdday, as i did on friday, so just dont take that 2 personally im just a little bitter right now
    LOL! Hey IronReLoad... go UNLOAD elsewhere.

Merc.. is offline Steroidpedia
    Blog Entries
    High carbs to late at night can blunt your night time GH release ...

Merc.

Quote Originally Posted by Merc.

Merc.
    What's up Merc?
    Yes they can. They can also make you feel like a complete Fat A$$ PIG!
    But I guess these guy's are right. It's probably better than downing 10 - 12 Shinerbocks!
    Bam

Blog Entries
    What's up Merc?
    But I guess these guy's are right. It's probably better than downing 10 - 12 Shinerbocks!
    Bam

Not much Bam just chillin !!

It just really boils down to discipline ya know ?? We are only human , but the key is to try and have a GREAT deal of discipline ..

Merc.
    Last edited by Merc..; 09-22-2007 at 09:40 PM.

LOL! Hey IronReLoad... go UNLOAD elsewhere.
    ok, but sorry

all you ate was liquid protein, soy beans, and a handful of nuts the next day........you realize you were probably in severe catabolism......when food intake is criticaly the day after lifting weights, you supplied your body with nothing

Merc.

how would GH release be interfered with? we are talking probably like 100-maybe150 grams of carbs from the brownies i would speculate......plus this was post workout

according to my sources, carbs are critical post workout, even if the workout was late at night.......what i mean is, even if the workout is late at night, the carbs should be taken in regardless

Blog Entries
    Should I not eat carbs late at night? Eating carbohydrates at night can, under certain circumstances, cause you to store the calories as fat. Another reason to avoid or lower your carbohydrate intake late at night, when trying to get cut, is to harness the body's output of growth hormone (GH), which is released at night within the first 90 minutes of deep sleep. GH is beneficial if you wish to shed fat and hold muscle, because it initiates a moderate shifting of fuel sources so the body burns more fatty acids at rest at the expense of burning less glycogen and body protein. Taking advantage of your body's GH output results in additional fat loss without a loss in muscle. Carbs consumed before you head off to bed can blunt the body's natural release of growth hormone, since GH is released more readily when blood-sugar levels are low. That's why some bodybuilders try to avoid carbohydrates later in the day.

Merc.

Blog Entries
    I was just saying it can have an efffect on GH .. It is post work out ( like you said )

Merc.

Should I not eat carbs late at night? Eating carbohydrates at night can, under certain circumstances, cause you to store the calories as fat. Another reason to avoid or lower your carbohydrate intake late at night, when trying to get cut, is to harness the body's output of growth hormone (GH), which is released at night within the first 90 minutes of deep sleep. GH is beneficial if you wish to shed fat and hold muscle, because it initiates a moderate shifting of fuel sources so the body burns more fatty acids at rest at the expense of burning less glycogen and body protein. Taking advantage of your body's GH output results in additional fat loss without a loss in muscle. Carbs consumed before you head off to bed can blunt the body's natural release of growth hormone, since GH is released more readily when blood-sugar levels are low. That's why some bodybuilders try to avoid carbohydrates later in the day.

Merc.
    that is consistant with my very methods..........in fact, over at intensemuscle.com, we use what are called "carb cutoffs".........basically, 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 (individual) hours before bed, we completely remove carbs from the diet....for a couple of reasons
    a. like you said, less of a chance for the body to store bodyfat
    b. when we wake up to am off day cardio, glycogen levels should be lower, and fat can be used more readily

low blood sugar levels are optimal for GH, didnt know that

however, i would never not take in carbs post workout, because the workout was at night.......without carbs, one can speculate that catabolism will be hiked up a little bit, and other hormones like testosterone , growth factors will be hurting, and of course, glycogen.......it does not seem likely to store bodyfat because of carbs post workout, not matter the time of day......and when i say that, i am just repeating what i have learned, information handed down to me, from a higher up

unclemoney is offline Senior Member
    ok 2 things

1. to think that 2 brownies are going to do anything, esp if diet is in check or 90% even the other days of the week, is retarded
    2. eating nothing but liquid protein, a handful of almonds, and soybeans, because you ate a mere 2 brownies the previouis day, is retarded

it sounds like you might need some help honestly.........i mean honestly

1. you are not going to get big worrying about bullshit like this
    2. the whole thing is just retarded
    agreed, and were did he get the idea that having nothing but liquid protein, almonds, and soybeans would be beneficial for him???

My recommendation, start reading up on the diet section. I could go scarf down a whole cake right now and would have no affects to show, it's only what your habit of what you eat (ie; your diet) on a regular basis that will affect such things.

3bd
    What's up Merc?
    Bam
    That's what I did...

Sumo is offline Banned
    insulin spike? Might not be recommeded but they sure are good aren't they!

Quote Originally Posted by unclemoney
    agreed, and were did he get the idea that having nothing but liquid protein, almonds, and soybeans would be beneficial for him???

My recommendation, start reading up on the diet section. I could go scarf down a whole cake right now and would have no affects to show, it's only what your habit of what you eat (ie; your diet) on a regular basis that will affect such things.
    First of all. I can not go scarf down a whole cake and have it not show. I am not a 18 year old kid anymore, I am 34, and my body just doesn't burn it around the waist area as well as it once did.
    "Don't worry kid, you'll get there one day".
    Plus, I don't weigh, what...150 - 165lbs like you. I am at 204 and trying to get my BF% down to 8% before I start my cycle.
    So... I tell you what,... I will go read in the diet room and learn to eat.... YOU go run to the gym and learn to lift.... because from your pics, you look tiny.

BAMBAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Sumo
    insulin spike? Might not be recommeded but they sure are good aren't they!
    Yeah Sumo.... they are!

First of all. I can not go scarf down a whole cake and have it not show. I am not a 18 year old kid anymore, I am 34, and my body just doesn't burn it around the waist area as well as it once did.
    Plus, I don't weigh, what...150 - 165lbs like you. I am at 204 and trying to get my BF% down to 8% before I start my cycle.
    So... I tell you what,... I will go read in the diet room and learn to eat.... YOU go run to the gym and learn to lift.... because from your pics, you look tiny.

BAMBAM!

bambam, i could say some things right now, that would really hit home with you, but i am not going to stoop down to that level......I am not going to say anything......I am not going to get any satisfaction from tearing you down

bambam, i could say some things right now, that would really hit home with you, but i am not going to stoop down to that level......I am not going to say anything......I am not going to get any satisfaction from tearing you down
    Go ahead. Tear down what you want. Nothing anyone says or thinks effects me much anymore. I have lived a good life, and will continue to enjoy it to the fullest. I have a beautiful wife and four kids that I love and am able to support, and am able to do that with a profession that I love to do as well.
    The Good Lord has truely blessed me, and that is how I look at it. Therefore, say what you want....

BAMBAM!
    First off, I aint no 18 year old neither, 2nd off I aint 165 pounds (good guess though cuz that's what I was in this old pic) I'm approx 188-190 and on my way to 200 pounds... Ugh I need a new avatar leme see if I have any luck with the camera (were did I last leave that dam thing).

Oh and furthermore I'm dam proud of the gains I have made... When I first touched a weight I weighed 95 pounds and was the skinniest mother ****er around. Now I'm lifting more than a lot of dudes at the gym and am closing in to 200 pounds, once I hit 200 I'ma jump on a cycle to hopefully take me close to 220 (which I have the mindset and mentality that I know I can accomplish this).

So if you wana make fun of me by saying I'm small and I should "learn" to lift... Well go ahead as I could honestly care less what you think I just felt like explaining my situation however... I find this quiet funny when someone tries to inadvertently say they are "better" than me.

Quote Originally Posted by unclemoney
    Oh and furthermore I'm dam proud of the gains I have made... When I first touched a weight I weighed 95 pounds and was the skinniest mother ****er around. Now I'm lifting more than a lot of dudes at the gym and am closing in to 200 pounds, once I hit 200 I'ma jump on a cycle to hopefully take me close to 220 (which I have the mindset and mentality that I know I can accomplish this).

So if you wana make fun of me by saying I'm small and I should "learn" to lift... Well go ahead as I could honestly care less what you think I just felt like explaining my situation however... I find this quiet funny when someone tries to inadvertently say they are "better" than me.
    Your momma would be proud.

Blog Entries
    Ok right fellas play nice in here !!!

I am going to go eat a whole dam cake and its you guys fault .. lol

Merc.

Ok right fellas play nice in here !!!

I am going to go eat a whole dam cake and its you guys fault .. lol

Merc.
    I think I am going to join you Merc.
    Maybe my wife will make me some more brownies!

Bam!

I think I am going to join you Merc.
    Maybe my wife will make me some more brownies!

Bam!
    mind lobbing a couple my way???

Go ahead. Tear down what you want. Nothing anyone says or thinks effects me much anymore. I have lived a good life, and will continue to enjoy it to the fullest. I have a beautiful wife and four kids that I love and am able to support, and am able to do that with a profession that I love to do as well.
    The Good Lord has truely blessed me, and that is how I look at it. Therefore, say what you want....
    this is not a game

this is not a game
    Want some Brownies????

Want some Brownies????
    ya sure why not

ya sure why not

Lets all just pig out on brownies and cake!
    Later,
    Bam!

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Damn, no one offered me brownies...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaGetBigger
    Damn, no one offered me brownies...
    Dammit someone hook Mr B up !!!!! ( and me ) Where hungry .. lol

Merc.

Thread Information