Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    scaramouche is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnygll
    Anything using encryption and connections made with SSL (Secure Socket Layer) are safe.

I do this sort of thing for a living by the way.
    i heard that even if hush handed over ur data its still encrypted and even they cant crack it without ur password provided its strong enough,is this true?

sonnygll is offline Member
    I'm not familiar with hushmail. But if it is encrypted and they don't have your password, then giving access to the server will not do the feds any good.

I think they got busted by someone sending them a plain text e-mail. It got intercepted. So it wasn't encrypted until it was saved on the server.

BigLittleTim is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnygll
    I am right. But both sides have to be encrypted. Or you can create an SSL tunnel to the person you want to communicate with using a Putty SSH session. You set it to forward a port to localhost. So say you set the tunnel for port 25. Then set the e-mail on both sides to listen and send on 127.0.0.1:25, then it will go through the SSL tunnel where nobody can intercept it. Then any ordering is done through https, which is just http through an SSL tunnel.

Or the source can just have the billing company send a billing confirmation through regular e-mail with no information about what you purchased or from whom. Then all you need is the standard https web page to order from.

If I was going to sell drugs over the internet. I would keep it private, have only clients I know, and set a up a server for them to use. I would just put a openBSD box on a DMZ, with only 1 oddball port listening for SSH. Then provide the clients with a strong user name and password. Then They would have a directory only they or root had rights too. There we could write notes to each other. That would be easy and secure. With high number port on a tight BSD box that isn't pingable and has no standard user accounts, it's a sure thing.
    Have submitted your post to the Harvard Graduate School faculty, as I can understand only about 20% of it.

-BigLittleTim

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLittleTim
    Have submitted your post to the Harvard Graduate School faculty, as I can understand only about 20% of it.

-BigLittleTim
    I understood. It's geek speak.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information