Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deer Hunting

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by roidattack View Post
    lmao, I wonder how that ever came about. Im going home to toss...just doesnt sound right
    toss off mate thats the same as havin a wank.............

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Ive been thinking about getting a 300 but I never take shots that far. Still undecided...

Thats a damn good shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Johny-too-small View Post
    Thanks. I shot him standing up (Silhouette) from 250 yards with my 300 rem. ultra mag (best r***e ever made, 180g bullet). Im a lucky sob.

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    damn man ..... im going to guess by the body of the deer that is up north some where ....

texas deer have horns like that but not the body that thing has ...

RA
    Damn...shoot me a pm sometime, we gotta catch up.

Im on my way right now to the deer camp. cya fellas.

Have fun being single booz but not too much

Quote Originally Posted by Booz View Post
    toss off mate thats the same as havin a wank.............

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    Ive been thinking about getting a 300 but I never take shots that far. Still undecided...

Thats a damn good shot.
    I had it custom made. It has a muzzle breaker on the tip so I dont get knocked on my arse (The scope split my eyebrow the first time I shot it, lol). 500 yards isnt so tough anymore.

juicejunkie2 is offline Associate Member
    How the hell did you get tickets?? Id give at least my wifes voice box for a couple.
    I have a few fellow residents who have siblings going to undergrad there .. so they hooked them up
    Last edited by juicejunkie2; 11-14-2007 at 11:32 PM.

Got a spike bowhunting last month, once I finished butchering it I was left with around 55 lbs of filet mignon!

(I don't trophy hunt, I actually want younger and smaller - more tender - deer for the meat)

Guess who has a freezer full of low fat yummy protein!

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup View Post
    Got a spike bowhunting last month, once I finished butchering it I was left with around 55 lbs of filet mignon!

(I don't trophy hunt, I actually want younger and smaller - more tender - deer for the meat)

Red
    Dont think Im not going to eat mine either! I dont care if he's tough as nails and tastes like a rat.

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    I shot one deer in my life back in 2001, I will try to scan it tommorrow. Big deer but it had one side of it's rack knocked off so I didn't keep the antlers. Savage 170 pump action .35" rem with 200 gr. core-lokt, win brass, w748 powder going about 1900 fps. 20 yard standing shot (my ass was numb and cold so I was going back to the car to go home) got heart, lungs and exited (heart was split in two) ran maybe 20 feet? I miss that r***e, had to sell it to pay bills at the time

qualityclrk1 is offline Senior Member
    lol..

heard this one last night with the upcoming Michigan/OSU game.

A MI fan and an OSU fan are both in the third grade, which ones bigger?

The OSU fan, hes 18.
    What do you call a Michigan player with a national championship ring?.........

A THIEF!!!!! (i saw the same show on HBO )

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~

Red

I'm with Red, I hunt for food, and the companionship of manly men. My brother inlaw lives in South Dakota..

we get up at about 7:00, have breakfast, jump in the truck drive 1 county over, see tracks crossing the road, spot the deer in the field, pick which ones we want.. shoot them..

drive out and get them, take them to a friend of his that will butcher/wrap/freeze them for $60.. next day go home..

good times..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    I'm with Red, I hunt for food, and the companionship of manly men. My brother inlaw lives in South Dakota..

we get up at about 7:00, have breakfast, jump in the truck drive 1 county over, see tracks crossing the road, spot the deer in the field, pick which ones we want.. shoot them..

drive out and get them, take them to a friend of his that will butcher/wrap/freeze them for $60.. next day go home..

good times..
    I think the term "trophy hunting" has a bad connotation to it....I could call hunters like that go for any small buck, "baby deer hunting."

I do hear what youre saying and agree....BUT if you saw my buck, you’d pass and say, "blah, tough meat?" Might as well shoot the baby females and leave the bucks alone.

I love the meat too, but the way I look at it is that I feel bad killing bambi. Its too easy and the hunt is over from your car window...I'll be patient and wait for the old timers. Imo, I think there is something to be proud of when you have the patients and skills to find the rare ones. To each his own, of course.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    I think the term "trophy hunting" has a bad connotation to it....I could call hunters like that go for any small buck, "baby deer hunting."

I do hear what youre saying and agree....BUT if you saw my buck, you’d pass and say, "blah, tough meat?" Might as well shoot the baby females and leave the bucks alone.

I love the meat too, but the way I look at it is that I feel bad killing bambi. Its too easy and the hunt is over from your car window...I'll be patient and wait for the old timers. Imo, I think there is something to be proud of when you have the patients and skills to find the rare ones. To each his own, of course.
    I like it because of the leaness of the meat.. if i were going to do something for sport.. Mule deer..
    Or i go boar hunting.. use a handgun or a spear if i'm feeling tired..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

I think the term "trophy hunting" has a bad connotation to it....
    Well see I don't really agree there... I don't think there is anything wrong with the term "Trophy hunting" at all. If one is going after the biggest deer or moose rack, or bear hide they are going after a trophy. Nothing wrong at all there.

I myself have plenty of trophies and display them proudly at my country house.

if you saw my buck, you’d pass and say, "blah, tough meat?"
    I have done just that for the last 2 years. I prefer not to shoot females or babies, but a spike is going straight in my freezer. And with bow season, crossbow season and r***e season, I have 8 weeks to wait for the perfect deer (in my eyes).

Oh and there is no "car window" hunting here I got to walk 2 miles to my hunting blind in the woods at 5h30am and then be very patient and vewwy vewwy qwiet!

Red

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries

I like it because of the leaness of the meat.. if i were going to do something for sport.. Mule deer..
    Or i go boar hunting.. use a handgun or a spear if i'm feeling tired..
    Have you seen that tv show with that extreme hunter on it? He's like this old dude that sneeks up on boars and jumps on their back while pushing a 14" blade into its neck and side. He takes killing to a whole new level. I couldnt do that.... a spear, however, might be kinda fun.

juicejunkie2 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pewntang View Post

I've never been hunting ... would really like to get into it but don't know anyone who actually goes so I doubt there's a possibility of me going anytime soon.

samoth is offline Member
    I hope to get out hunting next year. I'd like more practice at the archery range first, plus I have no idea how to gut an animal, nor a place to store the meat. I'll probably end up going after rabbits or something first before going after medium-sized game.

There's no way I'd sit up in a bloody tree stand for hours on end, either, so I probably don't have to worry about actually killing something during my first couple times stalking.

Fordfan01 is offline Member
    ive already bagged three this year and have only been twice gotta love that meat now imma just wait on that big sob to walk by me so i can have a nice trophy this season

RA
    I shot a spike while over at the hunting camp and caught a bunch of shit for it. Apparently they are having a big push not to shoot em so we can hunt trophys...bah. Im with you Red, I hunt for meat, not a decoration.

Red

RA
    There are actually manuals to get on gutting deer. My brother in law had a father that didnt hunt so he did it that way the first time. If you want some pointers, shoot me a pm.

lol, the sitting is the hardest. I used to sit all day from before sun up until sun down. That does suck.

Quote Originally Posted by samoth View Post
    I hope to get out hunting next year. I'd like more practice at the archery range first, plus I have no idea how to gut an animal, nor a place to store the meat. I'll probably end up going after rabbits or something first before going after medium-sized game.

There's no way I'd sit up in a bloody tree stand for hours on end, either, so I probably don't have to worry about actually killing something during my first couple times stalking.

Deer hunting secrets= sit on cold hard rocks while your ass is numb and freezing, say fuk it by 9 am and walk slowing back to your car thinking about that nice soft warm seat, look over see deer staring back at you, aim very slowing and shoot that's how I got mine

I even bought a tree stand one year, saw a coyote (thing was huge) tried to swing gun around but he took off. I love small game hunting the most

Geeezer is offline Senior Member
    >................................................. ....................... ok

RA
    lol...actually with me I go sit in a huge blind and start the stove. Normally I end up sitting there in a t shirt listening to all the chatter on the walkie talkies from other hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by goodcents View Post
    Deer hunting secrets= sit on cold hard rocks while your ass is numb and freezing, say fuk it by 9 am and walk slowing back to your car thinking about that nice soft warm seat, look over see deer staring back at you, aim very slowing and shoot that's how I got mine

samoth is offline Member
    There are actually manuals to get on gutting deer. My brother in law had a father that didnt hunt so he did it that way the first time. If you want some pointers, shoot me a pm.

lol, the sitting is the hardest. I used to sit all day from before sun up until sun down. That does suck.
    I have several books, and one covering the subject quite in depth... however, I think it's something I would need to physically see, you know?

And I refuse to sit in a tree. Stalking or still-hunting all the way. Even if I don't get within 100 yards of an animal, lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information