EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator

A September 11th Challenge

Its great that everyone is reflecting and remembering what happened on September 11th last year, but does anyone plan to do anything in honor of that day? I'm challenging all AR members to give back to your countries and communities in honor of the victims and heroes. Here's a few ideas:
    • Give blood. If you are able to give blood, please do. You won't be helping a victim of 9/11, but you'll be helping someone in your community.
    • Support a charity. There are lots of them involved in 9/11 relief and many more that help in your community. Here's an example: www.nypfwc.org
    • Volunteer your time. Doesn't cost you a cent but it means so much to the people and organizations that need help. Hospitals, homeless shelters, senior citizens, children's groups (Big Brothers & Sisters), etc...

So whadda ya say folks? Tired of talking, ready for walking?

BELLICOSE is offline Banned
    i think that it would be a good idea for everyone to be thinking about others on 9-11.
    Don't be selfish in thinking about how "you" were affected, but reach out in kindness and touch someone's life.
    Everyone in NY talks about how the city was so much different a couple weeks after the towers went down. The reason for this was everyone forgot their petty differences and united. They reached out, gave to a charity, gave flowers, voluteered, helped someone cope with the loss of a loved one, and many other acts of kindness were performed. Why can't it always be like this? We are too rapped up in our selfish ambition and pride to help someone else in pain.
    It is much better to give that to receive.

tatty is offline Member
    Unfortunately, human nature is instinctively about self-promotion. But I will match your challenge and go donate to a local charity. There were two officers in Vancouver honored for their $250,000 fundraised contribution to the families of 9-11. I believe they still have charities set up so I will go ahead and donate.

God bless.

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    good post excess

the first thing i am going to do is give my family a hug and be thankful for what i have
    then do something to help them

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Now I know that this might go against the grain but here in Alabama, their has been a State alert asking everyone to stop what they are doing on the 11th at 12 noon and say a small prayer for those families that lost their loved ones, for the leaders of our country and for the soliders who are over fighting.
    I do like the idea about the charities Excess. I'll donate to the Families of September 11th. Good post bro.

Now come on guy's anyone else???
    IC

freakout is offline Associate Member
    Bump for a great post.

Definitely keen on donating blood.

cooksbrut is offline Associate Member
    DONATE BLOOD, PLUS THEY ALWAYS GIVE FREE CRACKERS AND JUICE, HEHE

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    excess,
    this is a great idea, ansd one that shouldnt be taken lightly. if you say youre going to do something then do it. dont just post here to be "talking the talk".
    fortunately, for me,(yes i'm walking) im already doing something thats on this list, and i gave blood at my workplace in honor of 9-11 today.

this is the kind of call out we can all be proud of, nice job excess.

peace bb79

Totenkopf is offline Associate Member
    How about sending packages or wright letters to Soldiers who are fighting for us ???. Doesnt matter what country they are from(U.S. England, Canada i even belive Germany has a few soldiers deployed to Afganistan)
    Seems to me thier sacrifies always go unnoticed.

Originally posted by Totenkopf
    How about sending packages or wright letters to Soldiers who are fighting for us ???
    Great idea! My Canadian boys (and girls) are at home now, but there are a ton of other troops fighting terrorism as we speak.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I am flying that morning from Baltimore/Washington to Boston at 8am for business. I hope I can make it downtown for some type of memorial service.

Of course I always support my local Rescue Mission. Let's all pray we get through the day with no incident.

El Bumpo

Thread Information