Odpierdol_sie! is offline Senior Member

Met-rx WSM, just heard about Jesse

Just watching the build up to the WSM, and hear that Jesse Marunde died in the summer... i know this is way behind the times and its probably due to lack of coverage in the UK but its come as a shock to me... i liked him he was a good guy... anyone know what was the cause of his death?

Rest in Peace Brother...

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Yea he died back in july. just had a child too. had a heart attack doing squats in his home. think his wife found him dead. RIP Jesse

There are donation services to help his wife and newborn out. I would check ironmind.com for details.

Odpierdol_sie! is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike View Post
    Yea he died back in july. just had a child too. had a heart attack doing squats in his home. think his wife found him dead. RIP Jesse

That is bad news, im still in denial about it.
    I was fixing with the front door when my missus shouted about it as it was on the build up, so i go thorough and think nah don't be daft woman.. but had to check on line just to make sure since i didnt see him in the line up.

I was expecting him to make a comeback this year, while i was taking a notch out of the door frame i was thinking, not 30 minutes before i heard... him saying in a interview about how hard he had trained over the past 10 years and he was ready to take Mariusz (ive been training for this for ten years, i haven't missed a beat in 10 years i feel like nothing can stop me, I thought "god i wish i had that dedication", he would have gotten there at some point... shame... damn shame.

Another star gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNvmrSqgKfA

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike View Post

There are donation services to help his wife and newborn out. I would check ironmind.com for details.

If I remember correctly, his wife stated he had an enlarged heart which was thought to precipitate the heart attack. I'm not sure if it was a congenital defect, a cardiomyopathy bought on by disease, or a side effect of the tremendous poundages he could handle.
    One thing I think everyone will agree on is he was one hell of a nice guy.

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Thread Information