Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    3bd
    3bd is offline Anabolic Member
    Don't worry man the next president will fix all this for sure... no matter who it is that wins the election. In fact, the border issue is definately going to be solved once and for all. Just listen to all of the candidates... they all have bullet-proof plans just waiting to be put in action. Man... I just can't wait. Life will be perfect after this coming November!

P.S. Remember the Alamo!

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by firmechicano831 View Post
    That's a good questions you asked bigsexy. It's really up to her and her parents to see if they would like to speak to her teacher or principle. I'm a mexican american and I know both spanish and english. Spanish has really opened the doors for me alot where It had been closed to other people that were more educated then I, but since I could work with more diverse groups I would get the job. Currently I have nieces that know alot of english since that's the primary language here. I always tell my sister to make sure to teach them spanish at home because it's going to be very important for them once they get older.
    Ex: one of my sisters just got a job and since she knew spanish she got a $2.00 raise. Now if it was up to me I would let her learn spanish, Imagine how much more educated and powerful she will be with two languages instead of one. But if it bothers you speak up.
    Currently I make about 200k a year and the people in my office that speak one language make about 120k. That's because I can communicate with more people and they loose alot of business.

Nobody is arguing that learning a second language is beneficial. But her learning English and other subject properly are sacrificing. I would say math is more important then Spanish?

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't think math is more important. Look at the way we communicate with people is it through math? Unless you want to be a math instructor or accountant then I'd say math is important. I have a master is finance and accounting and what got me my job was my communication skills and not my grades in school.
    Currently I live in Silicon valley the place where yahoo, google, cisco systems, hp and other great companies are located. I tell you, I've worked and seen some incredible people that make alot of money over 500k a year and why is that? they know at least three languages, some know chinese, english and spanish, others know indian, spanish, english. I think communicating with more diverse groups will make you stand you're self apart from the rest.

soccer#3 is offline Anabolic Member
    good point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information