Jiesel is offline Associate Member

Flu Rant...Need Motivation!

Need some motivation, anyone else get sick and have their motivation crushed as a result? I know I'll be back to norm in a few weeks but I'm feeling in a slump now. I havent been active on the board in a few months but I have still been working out, that is until 2 1/2 weeks ago when I got the Flu. It kicked my ass for a 1 1/2 weeks and I lost 9lbs during that time. Then I slowly got prepared to get back in the gym as I was getting over being sick. The combination of time off and being sick killed my strength. I get back to the gym and I'm weak as hell physically and mentally I'm not 100% there for crushin weight. Anyone else have the same problem at some point? I need to get my game back. Lifting makes me happy and I cant lose that.....

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    stop whining you maggot!!! get to the gym. push that weight. grunt. scream. look in the mirror and think.. i am nothing. i am not a special and unique snowflake!!! make your self mad. then get back on the bench and do something. lol hope this helps

wantmoremass is offline Associate Member
    i felt your pain - had the flu last week - i missed 3 days of work and 8 days without the gym. i HATE being sick - feeling helpless that there's really nothing to do about it but let it run its course. i tried to look at it like a break, started back two days ago and although a bit weaker, i feel rested. try to get as much fluid and food in you as you can... good luck getting back.

Thread Information