View Poll Results: bring back the post count. Yes or no?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bring back the post count

9 50.00%
  • Leave the post count off

9 50.00%

Thread: post count

ddrew is offline Associate Member

post count

I know and understand why the post count was removed but I was still a little disapointed to see it go. I'm just wondering how everone else feels about this. I personally would like to see it come back, my count was just starting to get somewhere.

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    i just put up a thread about the same thing. i like the post count mine just hit 1004,but i understand why ptbjason did it and that was a good call and i respect him for looking out for those who have been here for awhile.
    as far as vote i need to think about it for a day or so then i'll vote

inertia is offline Associate Member
    wtf....no post count now? ill need more reasonng behind this one.this kinda reminds me of wearing a uniform at boarding school. some of these guys actually earnd their posts.what next no avatar??

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    well, i liked the post count as well, but we have to look at the bigger picture...

MeatHead03 is offline Associate Member
    I agree with ptbyjason...u still have ur titles, just not like a ranking anymore. Now all that seperates people are member status, i like that better.

then we should eliminate our member#

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    What is a post count? Did I have a lot of them? Could I trade them in for cash prizes? If so I am very upset if not I don't care.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    maybe there is a way he can put the post count in like ur user cp or something, it really is a good idea to keep it removed where newbies cant tell and hassle the hell out of you =\

Tank21 is offline Associate Member
    I really dont care about the post count. We should all know who is credible and educated by now. but anyway, if it really matters, just click on the person's profile and the post count remains. I can see the rationale behind PTbyJason's decision and i think it is a good call. Just my opinion.

ddrew is offline Associate Member
    Whats probaly going to happen now is newbies will go by your member status instead of post count and start hasseling everyone that has senior member or vet under there name. If they are going to take away post counts then they should take away member status as well that way if you are new to the board you can't tell who's old and who's new.

still growin is offline Member
    Originally posted by Rickson
    What is a post count? Did I have a lot of them? Could I trade them in for cash prizes? If so I am very upset if not I don't care.
    lmao
    Last edited by still growin; 09-16-2002 at 03:11 PM.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    1st, what the hell has this got to do with steroid q's?

2nd, who really gives a shit about post count?

If you stick around long enough, people will get to know you.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    Im ok with it being gone.

ptbyjason really does want our board here to remain safe and a great place to hang out.

Im all for doing anything that keeps our members here and keeps the high level of respect going on.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    First of all, Vegas is right, this shouldn't be in the Steroids Questions, it should be in the AR Lounge.

Second of all, there is a reason why AR has so many mods, and there is another reason why it IS and HAS been the best board around since summer of last year. It's because of people like Jason, and they know what they are doing. If it is for the good of the board and it's members, then that's it.

Keep in mind, they DON'T do things like this to piss the members off!!!

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    AFTER FURTHER REVIEW THE PLAY STANDS
    good idea by ptbyjason

congrats rickson our newest vet--well deserved

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    I dont give a fuck about the post count, almost everybody knows each other and if it helps keep us safe im all for it.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I agree with the post count being removed from signatures. If you really want to see somebody's post count, you can open their profile.

Here is a good example of why post count is not indicative of experience. A good friend of mine, who is no longer a member of the board, had over 5200 posts when he left. He managed that post count in about 3-4 months. He was an active member and knew everybody (long term members will know who I'm talking about). BUT, he had NO experience or information about AAS and limited experience about training, diet etc... He did have an interest in BBing and what is discussed, but his participation was purely social.

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    I agree with the other Bros, if anone is that worried about post counts.. then check out the members profile.

BTW.. wanted to throw in a congrats to one of the good Bro's on the board, Rickson!

whats up with rickson bro........? hes a goood guy and has kept me from pondering the obvious many times (plus he had alot of posts)

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    This is an AS, BB forum, if you want to see high numbers, join you local math club. All of the regulars to the board, know, or at least know of the others. This is how it should be. Now people have to listen when we give advice such as "stick around for a while, get to know everyone" Personally I could give 2 shits if you had 1000+ posts or 2 posts, as long as the info your spittin is on point.
    -Cy

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Keep them gone. A number is just a number, it serves no purpose to the information we speak, except for the fact that a man who knows dick might get listened to becuase he's posted 400 polls on what toe is your favorite.

FaTbAcK is offline Banned
    Rickson What is a post count? Did I have a lot of them? Could I trade them in for cash prizes? If so I am very upset if not I don't care.

You just started over, your at 1 now....

freak of the week is offline Junior Member
    can someone explain if numbers arent important why have member numbers? Thank God for the mods!!!

dern180 is offline Member
    I like the post count. I think it should be put back up.

footballcat is offline Associate Member
    Well i think this looks like its here to stay, guess we all have to deal with it.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by Pete235
    I agree with the post count being removed from signatures. If you really want to see somebody's post count, you can open their profile.

Here is a good example of why post count is not indicative of experience. A good friend of mine, who is no longer a member of the board, had over 5200 posts when he left. He managed that post count in about 3-4 months. He was an active member and knew everybody (long term members will know who I'm talking about). BUT, he had NO experience or information about AAS and limited experience about training, diet etc... He did have an interest in BBing and what is discussed, but his participation was purely social.
    Yep I have to agree I know exactly who you are talking about. The only thing i am upset about it, someone told me that if I got to 4000 posts my next cycle was completely paid for by AR. So what you are telling me is that all this work has gone to waste????

And...I have no problem saying bye bye to the post count. I totally agree with the bigger picture that Jason is looking at here.

Tarzan is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Pete235

Right on Pete that sums it up nice.

If you hang around long enough and pay attention. You can see who knows there stuff and who just post because the read it some ware else.

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    I hate to say this, but this kind of bothers me. I said that if my removing the post count caused any problems, you could contact me and we could find a way to make it fair for everyone. I see 7 people who voted for restoring the post count, and yes I know who voted for and against. Now they might not have realized why I removed it, I don't know. But I did state that if it was something that needed to be discussed, please do not hesitate to bring it up. So I will go with what I have here on this thread.

First off, post count really doesn't mean anything. Like Pete said, just because you post a lot doesn't mean it was for anything more than socializing. Sure it could have been giving advice, but that is not always the case.

inertia, you wanted more reasoning behind it. Please view the link in my signature and see if it is a satisfactory reason. Also, member # is nothing more than a symbol of how long you have been a member. If you want it gone, I have no problem removing it. I just put it up there for a change of look. I like to vary the board a little bit sometimes. I don't know if any of you get bored looking at the same thing all the time, but I do. I like variety occassionaly. And who knows, I might change that again soon too.

dern180 and football cat. Nothing is ever permanent. I do my best to please as many people as possible. If you can provide a good reason for me restoring it, I would be glad too. Just put yourself in a members shoes who gets 20 PMs a day asking for sources and advice just because of their post count first.

ddrew, do you realize how many senior members are on the board? The senior members will not all get PMs. The Vets and Mods, maybe, but it is impossible to hit all of the senior members. One question for you. If this bothered you so much that you had to post a poll, why didn't you PM me asking about this?

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Post count means nothing to me. I have a very high post count but that doesn't mean I know more than anyone else. In fact, I could name a ton of members with lower post counts who are a lot more experienced than I am. Wanna gain status here? Do your research and earn some respect.

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    The post count is still here, it just moved to the profile section like mentioned earlier above. I have no problem clicking on the "profile" button if I really must check someones posts.

Aragorn

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    It's funny but the higher my post count gets,, the more I realize it doesn't mean dick... The one thing I LIVE by (personally) is to not give advice on something if I'm not sure of my facts. There are plenty of well informed people on this board. So I don’t need to be guessing~~ and risk getting somebody F***ed up. This isn't a Parcheesi Forum; if you give bad advice here someone could get seriously hurt. I have watched the Mods work and am very impressed with how well informed and patient they are... a lot of times getting the same questions day after day.... So I try to help out where I can.
    Damn, I ALWAYS type a frickin book,,, sorry guys...

Thread Information