Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Merc.. is offline Steroidpedia
    Blog Entries

Talking Muscle Evolution USA Magazine ( information)....

Hi All,

I have been receiving a lot of great feedback ( and support ) about the new magazine we are producing .. Muscle Evolution USA....

I wanted to to start this thread so I can get some more feedback from you .. What types of articles would you like to see ( from me ) in Muscle Evolution ( what topics) ?

Also any other type of feedback or thoughts are welcome ?

And make sure to check our website at

www.muscleevolutionusa.com

Merc.

buffgator is offline king of mass
    Merc it looks awsome. What is the magazine mission statement. Who are trying to market to? What is going to be your field that you write about?

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    I would be interested in seeing some "out of the box" workout tips. We are all familiar with the typical routines, but I would like to see something different, such as exercises to hit muscle groups in a different way. I like to keep my body guessing and not stay in the same stale routine, but at the same time it's easy to hurt yourself trying new things if done improperly.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    I would be interested in seeing some "out of the box" workout tips. We are all familiar with the typical routines, but I would like to see something different, such as exercises to hit muscle groups in a different way. I like to keep my body guessing and not stay in the same stale routine, but at the same time it's easy to hurt yourself trying new things if done improperly.
    Hey I can help with that, Ive been racking atlas stones, pulling fire trucks, deadlifting cars. They all hit your muscles in new ways. People dont realize but doing atlas stones hits legs, back, chest, and biceps all in a big way. My biceps never get as sore in the gym as they are after I practice an 800lb tire flip, and rack some 320lb stones.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by buffgator View Post
    Merc it looks awsome. What is the magazine mission statement. Who are trying to market to? What is going to be your field that you write about?

We are going to provide leading info from some of the top writers in the fitness industry ..

Muscle Evolution will not be full of ads ... You know how all the other mags have like 10 pages of ads before you even get to the content page ( and 10 -15 pages of ads in the back of the magazine )?? You wont see that in Muscle Evolution USA .. We are a VERY content driven mag ... Our ad space is limited so we will be providing a magazine that will be full of GREAT info ( you know .. the type you will acually want to read from cover to cover)... You wont have to search for articles ( like you have to do in the other fitness mags, they are just slammed with ads)..

I will be contributing fitness related articles . That's why I wanted to get some feedback from all of you guys on exactly what type of articles you would like to see from me ?

We have a bad ass group of writers at " M-E USA " ( as well as our Great team of writers in South Africa).. So you can expect the leading info from the leading fitness authors ( from around the world )..

You can check out our staff here..

http://www.muscleevolutionusa.com/staff.html

Merc.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the feedback .....

Merc.

mx3
    mx3 is offline Senior Member
    It looks great. it sounds like this will be unbiased writing that is not geared toward advertising. I stopped reading magazines because everything that is written has a motive behind it besides training and diet but it seems this mag will not be like that. Like big said I would like to see out of the box training methods and not routines that pros claim to be exceptional when they dont incorporate them in the least like other mags. A pct section would be great and not just on ancillaries but also diverse new training and diet methods while coming off to maximize the gains kept. definately steroids in the news. also new ways to hit muscles with drop sets and 21's generally just new ways to keep killing different body parts. I am excited to say the least and would like to know when and how subscriptions will be available and how much they will be. and I am excited to hear you will play a part in this mag merc.

mx3
    mx3 is offline Senior Member
    and definately diet tips such as recipes and programs geard towards people who consume 4500-6000 cals ed and cutting diet recipes tips as well. I am always interested in being able to eat something new since I eat the same stuff day in and day out.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by buffgator View Post
    Hey I can help with that, Ive been racking atlas stones, pulling fire trucks, deadlifting cars. They all hit your muscles in new ways. People dont realize but doing atlas stones hits legs, back, chest, and biceps all in a big way. My biceps never get as sore in the gym as they are after I practice an 800lb tire flip, and rack some 320lb stones.
    I checked into ordering some atlas stones, but the shipping is a bit pricey

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    to the top

I checked into ordering some atlas stones, but the shipping is a bit pricey
    lol....i can ship you molds

I would like to see a mix of sports, bodybuilding, strongman, powerlifting articles.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mx3 View Post
    It looks great. it sounds like this will be unbiased writing that is not geared toward advertising. I stopped reading magazines because everything that is written has a motive behind it besides training and diet but it seems this mag will not be like that. Like big said I would like to see out of the box training methods and not routines that pros claim to be exceptional when they dont incorporate them in the least like other mags. A pct section would be great and not just on ancillaries but also diverse new training and diet methods while coming off to maximize the gains kept. definately steroids in the news. also new ways to hit muscles with drop sets and 21's generally just new ways to keep killing different body parts. I am excited to say the least and would like to know when and how subscriptions will be available and how much they will be. and I am excited to hear you will play a part in this mag merc.
    Yes , our mag is geared more towards our readers .. We have advertisers , but not page after page of ads ...

I will post on the board all the info about the mag ( subscription info and all that stuff, very soon).. So you guys will be the first to know ...

Here is a link to the Muscle Evolution thread ( check this thread for updates, and more info about our magazine)

Introducing Muscle Evolution Magazine USA

And make sure to watch our website for the latest info also ..

www.muscleevolutionusa.com

Merc.

goose is offline Banned
    Merc how did you hook up with roberts?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by goose4 View Post
    Merc how did you hook up with roberts?
    Sup Goose

We have been good friends for a few years... He has been writing for the South African version of Muscle Evolution and we feel that it is a great mag and we are now producing a USA edition ..We have been working on the mag for quite sometime now... Muscle Evolution USA will be bringing the leading info in the fitness industry .. As well as producing a VERY high quality mag utilizing the lastest technology in printing .. I have been working very close with a special printer to design our mag..

Anthony is the Editor in chief of our mag ....

We have a lot of really GREAT stuff going on .....

Merc.

goose is offline Banned
    Thanks merc,got to say Im really pumped up about this mag,wish you guys luck.Our community needs this,been giving the word in the UK,so you got people excited this side of the pond.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by goose4 View Post
    Thanks merc,got to say Im really pumped up about this mag,wish you guys luck.Our community needs this,been giving the word in the UK,so you got people excited this side of the pond.
    That's GREAT ....

Your support is much appreciated ..

Thanks Goose..

Merc.

wilson9d is offline Senior Member
    I agree new types of workouts, new diet info, Gym etiquette, maybe a photo of a girl or two. Unbiased supplement reviews would be great! You can’t believe and mag out there. They only review their sponsors and the sponsors always have the newest cutting edge stuff at the highest quality. Oh and probably more girls.

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    I would love to see articles of new things such as the one you made about estrogen and gains.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson9d View Post
    I agree new types of workouts, new diet info, Gym etiquette, maybe a photo of a girl or two. Unbiased supplement reviews would be great! You can’t believe and mag out there. They only review their sponsors and the sponsors always have the newest cutting edge stuff at the highest quality. Oh and probably more girls.
    Yes we will have M-E USA girls .. For sure ........ Lots of M-E USA girls...

merc.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    it seems like you guys have a solid direction on which to gear the magazine.

the only things i can think of that i would like to see are articles on the importance of diet, especially macros, as i still have a lot to learn about proper diet macros and how to get a really good diet together

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexed View Post
    I would love to see articles of new things such as the one you made about estrogen and gains.
    Sounds good .....

Thanks Lexed .. yea have recieved a lot of postive feed back from peeps about that article .....

I will be doing a new version of that article .. As well as other articles that people will find very informative..

Merc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    it seems like you guys have a solid direction on which to gear the magazine.

the only things i can think of that i would like to see are articles on the importance of diet, especially macros, as i still have a lot to learn about proper diet macros and how to get a really good diet together
    Thanks for your support and feedback ..

Merc.

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    I would like to see a mix of sports, bodybuilding, strongman, powerlifting articles, a very detailed diet section with info on bulking,lean bulking and cutting also unbiased opinions about supplements. A monthly profile of someone that is the leader in the sports mentioned above.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by j4ever41 View Post
    I would like to see a mix of sports, bodybuilding, strongman, powerlifting articles, a very detailed diet section with info on bulking,lean bulking and cutting also unbiased opinions about supplements. A monthly profile of someone that is the leader in the sports mentioned above.
    Thanks for your input .....

Sounds good...

Merc.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    I would like to see some articles on sports nutrition both basic and advanced as this is the backbone of both strength and hypertrophy training.
    I would like to see a supplement review section. You could use the forum here to gather data on popular sups.
    Pro interviews giving accurate desriptions of diet and training, not the BS they print in flex.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001 View Post
    I would like to see some articles on sports nutrition both basic and advanced as this is the backbone of both strength and hypertrophy training.
    I would like to see a supplement review section. You could use the forum here to gather data on popular sups.
    Pro interviews giving accurate desriptions of diet and training, not the BS they print in flex.
    i agree, i'd like to see 'real' supp reviews, not this bogus shit every muscle mag posts about EVERY supplement being good.

most supplements are garbage, i want to see reviews that show the real from the fake.

(muscletech i'm looking at you)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001 View Post
    Thanks PB...

Merc.

Blog Entries
    You can also check out this link to see a sample of some of the articles that will be in our first issue of M-E USA ..

http://www.muscleevolutionusa.com/this_issue.html

Merc.

*El Diablo* is offline Respected Member
    Merc, u are the Bomb!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *El Diablo* View Post
    Merc, u are the Bomb!
    Thanks El D .....

The newest issue is finished of M-E in South Africa ( Mar issue) ... It should be available to you soon ..Depending on what part of Africa you are in ..

Thanks for all your support as I know you are a long time reader ( in South Africa ) of Muscle Evolution magazine ...

Merc.

*El Diablo* is offline Respected Member
    .. Thanks Merc..Im on my way right now back to the Magazine shop. When i got there last week Friday they told me that its not in yet. I ALWAYS hav to get abit aggressive and hustle them to get it in as soon has possible. Im in the main City in SA. But the monkeys that work there doesnt give a rats arse about BB-ding. They all weigh like 100lb's and stink! ...

So ill let you know how GREAT i find it. I really love the valueble info.
    Keep it up buddy.
    El-D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *El Diablo* View Post
    .. Thanks Merc..Im on my way right now back to the Magazine shop. When i got there last week Friday they told me that its not in yet. I ALWAYS hav to get abit aggressive and hustle them to get it in as soon has possible. Im in the main City in SA. But the monkeys that work there doesnt give a rats arse about BB-ding. They all weigh like 100lb's and stink! ...
    So ill let you know how GREAT i find it. I really love the valueble info.
    Keep it up buddy.
    El-D
    ^^^^ lol .......

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Great ideas so far! Im going to bump on the diet. Throw some begginer bulking diets in there, or cutting diets. Maybe some articles on how AAS synergistaclly work with the food you eat and how your body grows. Maybe do a small scientific breakdown of 1 steroid a month (that way youll keep going because there are so many) I beleive for instance Deca for march, test prop for may, winny for june, so on..... Giving a breakdown of its properties and how its best used and the sides, etc... you get that point . I also like the supplemtn reviews, REAL reviews using REAL people. I would be more than willing to send in a review of some new and upcoming products. I like the breakdown of AAS compounds tho on a monthly basis, i think that the newbs would actually know some science behind them and how to properly use them then. What you think?

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    This can be interesting...

Anthony is full of knowledge, we've had quite a few interesting convo's about PCT and estrogen etc. Helped me with the PCT sticky too. Im sure the mag will benefit from his input.

Id like to see a mag that cuts the bs - you know, filler info cause they have nothing new to say. Good, solid nutrition info, not trendy unproven stuff. I would always assume that a newbie will be picking up a copy, so basic info could be avail to them too, instead of all advanced stuff. Clearly illustrated lifting technique. A Q&A and feedback section. This stuff isnt new to the magazine biz, but its stuff ive always liked to see IMHO...

Definitely got me curious!

Are you guys going to release an E-issue also?

OH YEA>>>> Nice COMING SOON SECTION!!! LMAO!!!!! i bet she'd clinch tighter than a vice on juice....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by legobricks View Post
    Great ideas so far! Im going to bump on the diet. Throw some begginer bulking diets in there, or cutting diets. Maybe some articles on how AAS synergistaclly work with the food you eat and how your body grows. Maybe do a small scientific breakdown of 1 steroid a month (that way youll keep going because there are so many) I beleive for instance Deca for march, test prop for may, winny for june, so on..... Giving a breakdown of its properties and how its best used and the sides, etc... you get that point . I also like the supplemtn reviews, REAL reviews using REAL people. I would be more than willing to send in a review of some new and upcoming products. I like the breakdown of AAS compounds tho on a monthly basis, i think that the newbs would actually know some science behind them and how to properly use them then. What you think?
    Sound Great Lego .. As always your feedback is appreciated..

merc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    This can be interesting...

Anthony Roberts is full of knowledge, we've had quite a few interesting convo's about PCT and estrogen etc. Helped me with the PCT sticky too. Im sure the mag will benefit from his input.

Id like to see a mag that cuts the bs - you know, filler info cause they have nothing new to say. Good, solid nutrition info, not trendy unproven stuff. I would always assume that a newbie will be picking up a copy, so basic info could be avail to them too, instead of all advanced stuff. Clearly illustrated lifting technique. A Q&A and feedback section. This stuff isnt new to the magazine biz, but its stuff ive always liked to see IMHO...

Definitely got me curious!

Are you guys going to release an E-issue also?

OH YEA>>>> Nice COMING SOON SECTION!!! LMAO!!!!! i bet she'd clinch tighter than a vice on juice....
    Yea Anthony Roberts is the Editor in Chief ( and the CEO )of Muscle Evolution USA.. He will be doing a Q & A in every issue ..

We are working on a ton of stuff for the mag ... We are only doing a print version as of now , but we might do a e version also ..

The mag will be available in stores in Canada also ....

Thanks for your feedback DB...

Merc.

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    Great ideas and great job merc. I know that most mags, esp. physical health mags are gender specific. It would be cool to get a mag that also includes articles for female anabolic users and bodybuilders. My wife and her girlfriends are always asking me how they should train, run anabolics, and eat. I really dont know what to say in much detail and make sure theyre safe. I know that the female market in this arena is really growing. Other than that, it looks fantastic.

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc. View Post
    Yea Anthony Roberts is the Editor in Chief ( and the CEO )of Muscle Evolution USA.. He will be doing a Q & A in every issue ..

We are working on a ton of stuff for the mag ... We are only doing a print version as of now , but we might do a e version also ..

The mag will be available in stores in Canada also ....

Thanks for your feedback DB...

Merc.
    Anytime Merc, lookin forward

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Johny-too-small View Post
    Great ideas and great job merc. I know that most mags, esp. physical health mags are gender specific. It would be cool to get a mag that also includes articles for female anabolic users and bodybuilders. My wife and her girlfriends are always asking me how they should train, run anabolics, and eat. I really dont know what to say in much detail and make sure theyre safe. I know that the female market in this arena is really growing. Other than that, it looks fantastic.
    Check out our meet the staff section on our website..

http://muscleevolutionusa.com/staff.html

Read Cassandra Forsythe profile .. She is a leading writer about female issues .. You can also check out her website ( below) .. All of our writers are very well know in the fitness industry ..

http://www.cassandraforsythe.com/

She is also the author of Womens Heatlh's book "Perfect Body Diet"

http://www.amazon.com/Womens-Health-...8199066&sr=1-1

Thanks for your support and feedback JTS..

Merc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information