Big Baller is offline New Member

How do I figure out body fat?

just like the title says. Ive never seen a "body fat" scale at the stores. But yet everyone knows thiers...

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)

ChuckLee is offline Scammer
    Posting a pic of you

jbonez19 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Baller View Post
    just like the title says. Ive never seen a "body fat" scale at the stores. But yet everyone knows thiers...

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)
    c a l i p e r s !

jbonez19 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckLee View Post
    Posting a pic of you
    hey mr. chuck how did u get 1000 posts. u sure talk alot of crap. that's a big pile. where's this pic anyway?

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    calipers are sold all over, yet the cheapies aren't the most accurate... go to a gym and they usually have the high end stuff that are more accurate... plenty of ways... the ol saying, if there is a will there is a way.

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    if you have to ask your fat

hendrira is offline Associate Member
    i go to the college here and tell them im a student

You sit in front of ur mirror buck-naked and pray to the Goddess of Bodyfat, Bertha. She comes to you in the night and whispers in your ear your bodyfat, with a faint smell of bacon on her breath...

Markosterone is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzerfaust80 View Post
    You sit in front of ur mirror buck-naked and pray to the Goddess of Bodyfat, Bertha. She comes to you in the night and whispers in your ear your bodyfat, with a faint smell of bacon on her breath...
    haha your one funny mofo...

on topic: get a test with a caliper

Nstart is offline Associate Member
    There are a lot of ways, but the most accurate way is a DAX/DEXA scan. It is even more accurate then hydrostatic wei***ng which was considered the gold standard for body fat measurement for the longest time.

A DAX/DEXA scan gives you a detailed analysis or your body composition including your bones, fat, lean mass, water, mineral content and so forth. If you have insurance, go tell your doctor you have a family history of osteoporosis and you would like to get scanned.

Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstart View Post
    There are a lot of ways, but the most accurate way is a DAX/DEXA scan. It is even more accurate then hydrostatic wei***ng which was considered the gold standard for body fat measurement for the longest time.

A DAX/DEXA scan gives you a detailed analysis or your body composition including your bones, fat, lean mass, water, mineral content and so forth. If you have insurance, go tell your doctor you have a family history of osteoporosis and you would like to get scanned.
    Sounds expensive

3dgamer is offline Junior Member
    Gold's Gym have a gizmo you simply hold for a few seconds and it tells ya

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dgamer View Post
    It's garbage below 15%.

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    Get the calipers bro.... you can get em off ebay for 10-15 dollars including shipping..... the
    Accu-Measure... follow the instructions and practice...(but dont use their crappy 1 point go online and look up the 3 and 7 point tests)..... until your readings are consistent and you'll end up within 1% tolerance if your consistent...

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstart View Post

Don't you think thats a little over kill for the average joe who is just curious of his BW ?

Like others have said pick up a cheap ca liper OR go to your local gym and ask them to measure it for you. Most of them do it for free if you have a membership.

Big Baller is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by james21 View Post
    if you have to ask your fat
    HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA. damn I swear I bust up everytime I hop on this board.

I have really expensive Mitituyo digital calipers... lol.. but they are for metal cutting.

But Ill do the ebay thing. I still dont have any idea... But im sure Ill get the idea when I get some (15 bucks? sounds good to me!)

Nismo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbonez19 View Post
    hey mr. chuck how did u get 1000 posts. u sure talk alot of crap. that's a big pile. where's this pic anyway?
    He has more post then I do and I have been a member for over two years. Thats funny

Nstart is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Don't you think thats a little over kill for the average joe who is just curious of his BW ?

Like others have said pick up a cheap ca liper OR go to your local gym and ask them to measure it for you. Most of them do it for free if you have a membership.
    No because if you do it once, you have a great baseline to work with. Once you get scanned, you can find a scale that analyzes body fat or even calipers and can you can practice on yourself until you get an accurate reading. A lot of the home devices are really inaccurate. I've seen really ripped guys think they were like 25% body fat and I've seen chubby guys who swore they were like 10%.

I usually go get scanned every year and due to my insurance, it costs me nothing out of pocket.

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    post a pic.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dgamer View Post
    lol yeah right next to gumball and condom machine right?

Thread Information