boxer08 is offline Senior Member

Trogan started downloading info

I was browsing the web last night and my avg detected a trojan and i went to go to heal but the system shut down and restatred itself and when it loaded back up there was something on desktop called somethin like dsself i clicked on it and it was downloading stuf off my computer so i deleted it straight away and went to add/remove programs and it was in there so i unistalled it. is it ompletly gone or could it be somewhere else.

mr_man is offline Associate Member
    I would doubt that it is completely gone. Most trojans don’t go down so easy. Normally write them self into the system restore and system registry. First I would do a search for a web site that has knowledgeable people about Trojan removal. And you might as well do a search for a program called HijackThis also. They will want to see a copy of the scan this program produces. Read the rules of the site about posting your problems. Most site want you to give a description of what is going on with you CPU and then will want you to scan using the HijackThis program, then post it so they can go over it and see if there is something still on your computer. One thing you do not do is after posting the Hijack list is run any virus, spyware or Trojan scans because it will most likely change the list form you first scan from Hijack. This makes them very angry. Good luck.

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    google bitdefender

and do there free online scan its a really good program and will most likely find it...

mr_man is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2 View Post
    google bitdefender

and do there free online scan its a really good program and will most likely find it...
    Yes they are good also. Just seems every time i get one it is a damn good one that is very hard to get rid of.

zartan is offline Banned
    might consider installing ZoneAlarm

Thread Information