Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Beefkake31 is offline Member

Video Game Appreciation Thread

(EDIT) : Somethings wrong, every time I align the pictures and the picture sizes to all one size when I hit submit it gets all weird. so the alignment and size of the pics are off, so....sorry about that)

(so that angry nerd thread which included a lot of off topic stuff but also some good video game talk prompted me to make this thread so enjoy)

(and yes I was bored out of my mind)

I will now present my list of greatest games of all time handsssss down. I am going to list the top 10 in no order and I am counting the series of games as one. There are many more games, but these are the ones that have my vote and are amazing amazing games.

We begin with Zelda. This was the second game I had ever played after Super Mario Bros. I loved as a kid trying to find all the hidden levels and secrets along with the puzzles. Zelda 1, 3, and Ocarina of time were the top 3 Zelda games in the series.

Zelda (the series)

Next up Metroid. I am by far a Metroid Fanatic to this day I probably enjoy playing this game more than almost any other game. I can't count the number of times I have played it through the years even after I have beaten it several times. The greatest things about Metroid were it's secrets, you would shoot a wall and a hole would open up, you go into that hole and it seems like a dead end but you bomb the wall and another secret comes up, the game was very rewarding as a kid. Heck it's still rewarding lol. I also loved getting new power ups and getting excited that I was more powerful and could access new areas (I was such a nerd I know)

Metroid (the series)

Last edited by Beefkake31; 03-14-2008 at 06:02 AM.

Now Mario. Honorable Mention goes out to Super Mario 1,2, and 3 since they were the classics that started it all. But Super Mario World on the Snes was amazing when I first played it, then they surprised me even more with Mario 64 which at one time or another was my favorite game of all time, and then they might have done equally well on Mario Galaxy because I enjoyed that just as much. Excluded in this series are games like Mario Sunshine for GameCube which was crap.

Super Mario (the series)

Last edited by Beefkake31; 03-14-2008 at 05:56 AM.

Now for the RPG's, I loved them as a kid

Chrono Trigger, wow, what can I say about this game. It was revolutionary for it's time and the whole time travel thing was awesome. I miss this game and probably want to play this right now more than any other game on the list aside from the next game coming up.

Chrono Trigger

Secret of Mana is by far the game I want to play the most currently and the game I miss the most since I was kid. Wow I'm not even getting into this one. Too much to say.

Secret of Mana

Final Fantasy 7 was by far even more revolutionary than any game of it's kind. In any Genre for that matter. Just a bad ass game with an amazing story that pulled you in and you just couldn't put the controller down. Oh and not to mention one of the best villains in video game history...SEPHIROTH.

Final Fantasy VII

Last edited by Beefkake31; 03-14-2008 at 05:57 AM.

Now a first person shooter, Halo. I'm sure almost everyone knows of halo, another awesome game. The main reason this FPS made it over any other to my top 10 is because of it's awesome multiplayer. Nothing comes close to it. I remember when Halo 1 first came out, me and my buddies would gather and play for countless hours.

Halo (the series)

Tetris, only the number one selling game of all time. My favorite, the game boy version because it was just classic and so addicting. I still love playing Tetris to this day, very challenging, especially nowadays with new Tetris games that have online compatibility for versus play.

Tetris (gameboy)

Street Fighter II , man another classic. This is by far the best fighting game of all time. Some might say Mortal Kombat is but this was more fun and enjoyable in my opinion. 2D fighting was the best.

Street Fighter II

Resident Evil 4, this game caught me off guard. My friend insisted I play it so I did. I didn't think I would like it so much as to put it into my top 10 but I did. Even when I don't like games like this too much, but this game is just different. And you have to play it to see for yourself. And it doesn't compare to any of the other Resident Evil games, totally different game, should have a different name even.

Resident Evil IV

Castlevania: Symphony of the night was a game I would compare to Metroid in a weird way. I know they might seem different but they are actually very similar. This game also has tons and tons of secrets. Really enjoyable.

Castlevania: Symphony of the night

Well there you have it, my top 10 list.

Interesting note: All 10 games I listed all have sequels or a series of games.
    Last edited by Beefkake31; 03-15-2008 at 05:34 AM.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Goldeneye 64, imo the best video games ever made and probably the game I have spent most time playing after StarCraft. Everything was simply perfect and the multiplayer kicked ass!

Then of course there is Killer Instinct. I spent so much time perfecting Glacius moves that its silly

Zelda ocarina of time was a wonderfull game.

And for a more modern game. If Mass Effect had been a bit longer it would have been my number one video game ever. But 30 hours for a rpg is just to short, a minimum of 60 hours. If the next two parts in the triology is as good then it will climb to number one.

Ajc330 is offline Senior Member
    Goldeneye + zelda for gameboy + ff7 legendary

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    One of the all time best.....

My next game I can't wait to play ......

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536 View Post
    One of the all time best.....

I spent countless hours with Mike Tyson's Punchout, Tecmo Bowl, and Super Mario Bros, on the Nintendo, as a kid.

I never could beat Mike Tyson. He would always bob a punch and knock my me out in the second round.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    As I moved to Sega Genesis...Madden's Football Game became my game of choice.

soccer#3 is offline Anabolic Member
    no metal gear?? are u kiddin?? i cant wait for the mgs4 to come out.. im like a kid waitin for christmas, like a virgin waitin to get his first piece of ass.

Last edited by soccer#3; 03-14-2008 at 09:21 PM.

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    nobody mentioned counter strike... a mod for halo!!

CheddaNips is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=J*U*icEd;3872965]nobody mentioned counter strike... a mod for halo!!]
    I hope you dont mean counter strike is a Halo mod.

CS was a mod a bunch of kids made from HL2
    Last edited by CheddaNips; 03-14-2008 at 08:06 PM.

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    counter strike source to be exact....

Metal Gear is an awesome game as well but not in my top 10 of all time but close.

And Kärnfysikern, I agree Goldneye was one of the greatest multiplayer shooters ever. That's what I was playing with friends before Halo.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    beekcakes, nice work.... that was a lot of effort... cherry set up with screens...what happened to the street fighter?... the only glitch made this write up an A instead of an A+... nice work. oh, i like your name beefcake..lol

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Awesome thread, im kinda getting back into video gaming again. Goldeneye was a classic Johan, but Perfect Dark was the best game ever on the N64!!

Final Fantasy VII and VIII along with Secret of Mana are best RPG's ever.

The Street Fighter series has always been awesome and well, just check out Street Fighter IV...this game is going to be something else. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16n6uXZ-bKI

Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Awesome thread, im kinda getting back into video gaming again.

The Street Fighter series has always been awesome and well, just check out Street Fighter IV...this game is going to be something else. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16n6uXZ-bKI
    Ya I've seen a few screen shots of the game, I'm so happy they're going back to traditional 2d style fighting with 3d elements, looks amazing, can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    Awesome thread, im kinda getting back into video gaming again. Goldeneye was a classic Johan, but Perfect Dark was the best game ever on the N64!!

Final Fantasy VII and VIII along with Secret of Mana are best RPG's ever.

This street fighter game looks bad, bad... I was the best in the universe on this game... I challenge anyone....We use to get some sick tournaments with StreetfighterII... who thinks there good? I got pumped watching it..

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockinred View Post
    This street fighter game looks bad, bad... I was the best in the universe on this game... I challenge anyone....We use to get some sick tournaments with StreetfighterII... who thinks there good? I got pumped watching it..
    I used to consider myself pretty damn good at those games. Infact all CAPCOM 2D fighters were the best, most powerful character they ever created was THANOS from Marvel Super Heroes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw5eT...eature=related

beekcakes, nice work.... that was a lot of effort... cherry set up with screens...what happened to the street fighter?... the only glitch made this write up an A instead of an A+... nice work. oh, i like your name beefcake..lol
    Thanks for the recognition cause that did take a long time dammit lol. And I've had beefkake as my screen name on AOL since I was 13 so I've never changed it. But it does get weird the older you get lol, I'm going to be 40 and still be representing beefkake.

Receiver84 is offline Associate Member
    I enjoyed Mega Man 2 very much for the Nintendo back in the day. Just thinking about playing that game makes me feel really good.

Another feel good game for me was Blaster Master. I never did beat this game but I played is and played it. Having the super NES controller really helped this this game.

And for Tai...Ninja Gaiden

I could list on and on and I might be really need some time to think about this. Nice thread though....I don't play video games anymore but this makes me feel pretty good!
    Last edited by Receiver84; 03-14-2008 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Receiver84 View Post
    I enjoyed Mega Man 2 very much for the Nintendo back in the day. Just thinking about playing that game makes me feel really good.

Another feel good game for me was Blaster Master. I never did beat this game but I played is and played it. Having the super NES controller really helped this this game.

I could list on and on and I might be really need some time to think about this. Nice thread though....I don't play video games anymore but this makes me feel pretty good!
    Awesome choices Receiver, Mega Man 2 and Ninja Gaiden were great games I definitely wanted to put them in the list. I should have made a top 50 lol.

Thought of another, Faxanadu was always my favorite RPG. I still hear the song in my head right now!

ChuckLee is offline Scammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Receiver84 View Post

Well said bro. MM2 and NG was two of the best videogames ever. They marked my childhood and I have to bless NES for this.

CL

I'm a bit older school when it comes to the video games... here awere my favorites as I don't really game much anymore...

Like many people my age, I started with Pong in black and white...

Then oh miracle, the Atari came out! My favorite games were Pacman, Frogger and of course Tank! The original multi-player game!

Then came the Intellivision with Astrosmash, Armor Battle, Microsurgeon, and my favorite B-17 Bomber!

Then I got an Apple II, and played Castle Wolfenstein! The original!

Then on the PC, the original tetris... (yes I played that when it came out for DOS on the PC, it was the most addictive game ever!)

At the same time Sierra was coming out with amazing PC games like Space Quest, Police Quest and the immortal Leisure Suit Larry!

The next best thing to come out on the PC was DOOM (Well, the Wolfenstein remake came out before but I couldn't get a copy on the Warez BBS's back then)!

Then came Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Rogue Spear, Quake, and all that jazz...

Red

after a lengthy look at my top 10 I came to a conclusion between Secret of Mana or Metroid for my favorite game of all time, so hard to choose which one.

soccer#3 is offline Anabolic Member
    one of favorites on the first PS was crash bandicoot, loved that shit

im also a big fan of the call of duty series, still havent played the 4th though

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    Goldeneye is was and always will be my favorite game. Super Mario World for Super Nintendo was good as well.

Growing up me an my dad didn't have much in common but we would always play Super Mario Kart for SNES so that is one of my favs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lifts-a-lot View Post
    Goldeneye is was and always will be my favorite game. Super Mario World for Super Nintendo was good as well.

Growing up me an my dad didn't have much in common but we would always play Super Mario Kart for SNES so that is one of my favs as well.
    I love how most people have nostalgic feelings towards video games. Brings back a lot of good memories for a lot of people. Video games actually surpassed the movie industry a couple years ago as a bigger multi billion industry. It is definitely the future.

ChuckLee is offline Scammer
    Anybdy remember this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Video Game Appreciation Thread-little_nemo_-_the_dream_master_1.png   Video Game Appreciation Thread-littlenemo-cover.jpg  

Another one I'll remember forever. Contra....the first one. Hell, it's been 18 year of so but I still remember the freakin cheap code to get 30 live when you start the game. Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start

Man Contra was the SHIZNAT!!! First multiplayer game that was GOOD IMO. Back then it took skill to beat a game that wouldn't let you save your progress. To this day I have never beaten a single game for regular Nintendo. They just were too hard for me!

Ya, that spread fire gun in contra rocked pretty hard. When I got it in the game I knew I was going to tera some sh!t up!!!

Oh, and how has no one mentioned Mortal Kombat? That set the video game world on fire. I was always Scorpio and would do the stupid hook thing and then upercut. Those were my only two moves.

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lifts-a-lot View Post
    Oh, and how has no one mentioned Mortal Kombat? That set the video game world on fire. I was always Scorpio and would do the stupid hook thing and then upercut. Those were my only two moves.
    i mentioned it in the other video game thread. i broke a few sega controllers b/c of that game. i played it non stop, i loved those fatalities. FINISH HIM

How about Rygar? Anyone ever play this one? grappling hook, crossbow, etc.. I remember this was one of my favorites too. Not sure if this attachment took...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Video Game Appreciation Thread-u-027-s-05530-%5B1%5D.png  

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    How about Rygar? Anyone ever play this one? grappling hook, crossbow, etc.. I remember this was one of my favorites too. Not sure if this attachment took...
    that was one of my favorites, i forgot about it.

Man I had totally forgotten that game, I loved it, awesome game.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Bionic Commando (1988)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information