Beefkake31 is offline Member

New article on Myostatin

Some of it is old news, but some of it is new.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ure/index.html

"""....Since the gene genie escaped from the bottle a decade ago, researchers have discovered dozens more genes that appear to affect athletic performance. This is old news in the rodent community. Scientists have created mice whose bodies are flooded with oxygen-carrying red blood cells, creating greater endurance. Other mice have been engineered to produce extraordinary amounts of growth hormone, while still others metabolize fat and carbs in such a way that they can live like couch potatoes yet run like marathoners."""

"""......One delivery method -- flushing the bloodstream with the desired gene -- is simple enough, says Sweeney, that it could be achieved by a clever undergrad in a molecular biology lab. The method is not very efficient and hasn't been thoroughly tested, but it hints at the possibilities for the spread of gene tampering in sports. Despite the unknowns and the dangers, chances are good that someone at the Beijing Olympics in August, someone willing to weigh his or her mortality in gold, will have undergone gene transfer in an attempt to enhance performance. "Even when I tell them it's not safe," Sweeney says, "some athletes are willing to try anything."""

""".....Mauro Di Pasquale, the 1976 world powerlifting champion and an Ontario physician who has written several books on sports doping, says he knows that athletes are experimenting with gene doping, with the help of Chinese doctors and researchers."""

Crazy to think that the upcoming Olympics will already have people gene doping, it has begun.

Oh and one more thing...

There are a few companies that are testing Myostatin in humans now and especially for muscular dystrophy so a drug will be available in the coming years.

I have a few more articles I can post if you guys want to see them, just let me know.

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    send em on down

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    oh,,, lame.. I was hoping for some "how to do " instuctions.

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooks View Post
    oh,,, lame.. I was hoping for some "how to do " instuctions.
    LOL WORD

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    where do I sign up?

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Guys, i actually just did a report on myostatin......And as far as i can find, the only mice with successful mutations were those that obtained the gene mutation before birth.......The experiments I reviewed were done on stem cells in a petri dish.....

I very well could be wrong, but I do not believe that any mice has had their gene inhibited after birth

ecivon is offline Member
    Article on kid who is the only known human with the myostation gene blocked:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/24/sc...rtner=USERLAND

Images of dog and cattle with the gene blocked. Belgian Blue is a recognized breed of cattle that grows to immense size. I had once saw a photo of a pit bull who the owner said had the gene blocked and it was freaking scary as hell looking. NO WAY would I ever get close to that animal.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...ce&no=2&tt=204

http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...40&no=3&tt=204

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    These roids are making me huge, I have no desire to gene dope and the technology isn't there yet.

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    These roids are making me huge, I have no desire to gene dope and the technology isn't there yet.
    Being the Pepck mouse that can run for 4 straight hours.. compared to regular mouse 3minutes would be pretty cool tho.
    although we dont exactly know whats going thru that mouses brain.. but i heard they like to **** alot

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    I wish they had a pic of what the kid looks now

ecivon is offline Member
    At 2 days old he was standing and his legs supported his weight. At 19 months his abs are ripped and he can do the iron cross. He supposedly runs incredibly fast and is extremely powerful. They say he can lift furniture on his own -- at a year and a half old. Quote on the kid: "Jaw dropping strength. Breath-taking speed. Phenomenal agility. Olympian feats.”

Now at 22 months he punches holes in walls when he has a tantrum. He does inverted sit-ups on his own while his parents hold him up in the air. Because his muscles are so big and are growing so fast his metabolism is crazy and he needs to eat every hour. Almost zilch body fat.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...om=moreStories

http://www.shoutwire.com/viewstory/7...Super_Strength

1 1/2 and he's on a trampoline, look at his balance and agility:

http://www.mlive.com/mugallery/galle....ata?g_id=5290

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    It is one thing to do it in vitro and get results, its totally another to get results in vivo.

But it want be long before someone figures it out.

If anyone can find a picture of the boy with the mutation at present day that would be great because I've been looking all over and can't find any info on him.

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkake31 View Post
    If anyone can find a picture of the boy with the mutation at present day that would be great because I've been looking all over and can't find any info on him.
    Second that

Thread Information