Bojangles69 is offline Banned

Help me scam a scammer. =]

I need people with ideas or thoughts on this.
    My brother was actually going to follow through with this until consulting me at which point I read the messages and pointed out it was a blatant scam.

The address was real that he sent. But all personal info I've replaced with asteriks for obvious reasons.

Heres the message, than I'll add my thoughts at the end.

Still for sale?

Yes

Hi,
    I have gone through your ad on craigslist and i am interested in purchasing the above mentioned.Please provide your name and address for payment. I am paying by Money Order. You should receive payment within the coming week( 2-3days time). As per pick-up, I will make arrangement with the manager of my shipping.moving company to come forpick-up after payment has been received by you. l would appreciate if you take the posting off craigslist today and consider it sold to me.I dont mind adding twenty dollars so you can keep it in my favor.My assistant will mail out the payment to your address ok.Once payment is received we can proceed with the pickup.Thanks for your understanding and patience.Hope i can trust you with my money?Do have a nice time...
    Regards,
    Thanks.
    Have a Blessing Day.
    Kevin.

Kevin,
    Thank you for the prompt reply. These are the terms I am willing to agree to. Send a money order in the amount of $370.00 dollars to my address: ***** ***** c/o ************
    Address:*****,********
    ********, *****

I will not take the posting off Craigslist but when I receive the money order, I will refund you $20.00 when you come to pick up the bedroom set. I will consider it sold to you but will still entertain other offers (those offers I will only write down there information in case payment is not received from you so I can follow up with them). It is a beautiful set, thank you for buying it and responding so quickly.

Author note: If you're not understanding, my brothers GF is selling a bedroom set for $350 on CL. The buyer is the scammer. My brother is the initial and only person responding and has no idea. He is also very ready to refund the payment. Watch how the refund grows.
    I don't take over till I say "my response" which is much later.

Hello Kevin,
    I didnt get a response to the email. Please reply that you received it. Thank you,

Hello ,
    I hope you are fine and alright. I have been busy myself but doing great.My account manager has issued the check to your address but there is something i think i must bring to your notice. After a reconciliation of my account , i discovered that somehow my assistant must have over paid you. The payment that was meant for another transaction was sent to you and the one meant for you was sent to another, however i want to believe i wont have a problem with you. Please once you receive your payment, i will like you to deduct your money and send the remaining via western union to the manager of the shipping company that will help me with the pick-up.I will provide the info you need to complete the western union transfer once you receive payment.Thanks once again for your understanding.Warm regards.
    Have a Blessing Day.

There may have been more messages but you can get the gist.

I've tried responding but figured if this guy has any brains he won't agree to me fedex'n the $$ back to him (hence "tried responding" means I never sent my response). So I'd like some ideas.
    For anyone not savvy to this. The second money order will be much larger. My brother would have cashed the fake money order. Than sent the balance back to him via WU.
    The bank would have figured it out but usually not till a few weeks later when its processed (assuming this guy knows how to actually make a fake money order the right way).
    It would have been connected to him, and than he's the one responsible for it.

I haven't responded yet. I want a way of convincing this guy (who can be from Nigeria or anywhere) that I'll mail the $$ back to him (via fedex or w/e) to whereever his manager resides.

I see a lot of reasons (again ASSUMING this guy has a brain) as to why the scammer wouldn't agree.
    So I'm trying to think of a way to get the money back to him. In cash form, without any conversions through WU, MoneyGram or the like, that he will AGREE to.

Don't ask why I want to send the balance back when I know its a scam. Thats what happening but theres a twist that I won't mention here.

I REALLY want to figure out a way to just get the balance back to the guy that he will agree to. I know theres most likely very few (if any ways).
    If anyone has an idea that he will agree to as mentioned above. Please let me know.

If anyone has a better way to fvck with this guy. I'd like to know that too.

Disclaimer: This is for entertainment purposes only & nothing I'm doing is illegal. Any ideas mentioned will be taken for educational sake only and not actually implemented. We are conversing on the bounds of a strictly hypothetical nature.

Last edited by Bojangles69; 03-29-2008 at 09:21 PM.

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    I have no idea what the hell you just typed out there. Who the hell is talking to who?

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    Sooooo what you're saying is that the tooth fairy stole money from your dresser and your daughter is now pregnant?

wilson9d is offline Senior Member
    take the money order to a check cashing store and get it cashed and keep all of the money. then they can go after him for fraud.

AaronJM1984 is offline Member
    So the guy purposely sent too much money, but the money he sent wasn't his, so when you send him the refund, that will be his profit. Just keep his refund, this way he gets screwed out of his scam, and you get a few extra bucks.

wilson9d is offline Senior Member
    no it is a fake money order

He should just cash the money order and keep the funds then. Can he get in trouble for cashing a fake money order, probably not, he doesn't know it's fake "wink wink"

Send it to me, I'll cash it for ya, LOL

Umm I already thought about that. If it was cashed the bank would either find out right away it was fake, or it would be cashed, they'd find out later, and the cops would get involved.
    Either way the cops would get involved if an attempt to cash it was made. They'd prob investigate, find we didn't know, than drop charges. But thats not teaching the scammer a lesson.

My goal is to get this person to accept the cash through the mail.
    I sent the cash from an anonymous made up location in the exact amount of the balance.
    He thinks I'm waiting for him to pick up the furniture (when at this point he's long gone trying to spend the $$)
    He walks into a store, spends the money, they find out its fake.
    He than realizes he got scammed trying to scam someone.

Than the cops put him in jail because cash is anonymous. Any story he makes up will be just a story. What is he gonna say? I tried to scam someone and got scammed? They'll lock his ass up.

I just need a smart way to get him to accept the money w/out raising a flag that not only am I onto him but I'm going to turn the tables on his stupid ass.

..assuming any of this was actually real that is, ahem.
    Last edited by Bojangles69; 03-29-2008 at 06:30 PM.

Sounds like you'd need marked bills, good luck getting that if you aren't LE

CheddaNips is offline Senior Member
    dude i would never scam anyone. On other boards people use e-mail addresses to get the persons I.P. I have seen People get scammed and found out peoples addresses, where they work, What type of car/color they drive. Their Credit card statements. Phone Bills. The Internet is a fvcked up place.

Football_Bill is offline Associate Member
    There isa a case pending here in CT that a girl cashed a bogus money order, she had no idea it was a fake, spent the money and not only is she responsible to pay back the money, but she may be charged, kind of like receiving of stolen funds.

Yeh I've thought about it long & hard. I would have to know some like world renowned hacker to get what I consider "justice" on this guy.

So I've made another plan.
    I'm going to design a system where I make this guy earn his money, than I don't give it to him. For every page of email he sends, it will be worth a whole nickel to me.

I'm going to subtract the balance from the money order (which he did not mention how much it was for but I'm sure its a lot) when it comes. I'm going to divide that number by a nickel and thats how many pages of email I'm going to string him along for.

It could take 3-4 months, but my ultimate goal is to see if I can make him commit suicide through email. Even if I do send fake $ back.
    I will never get to know what happened. Theres so satisfaction in that.

I'm using my in depth psychological background to twist this guys head into a million pieces. He's obviously poor, desperate, and in the some 3rd world country. His language and ability to translate (or even find someone to translate English for him is terrible). He has a dream.
    He believes that he truely can use these little worthless scams to retrieve large sums of cash, become rich, leave whatever 3rd world ghetto he's living in, and never work a single noble day of labor his whole life.

So I have launched a psychological attack on this man.

In circumstances like this DETAIL IS EVERYTHING. You would need to practically memorize his last email to understand how deeply I'm sinking my talons into him. Conveying false vulenerablities, and becoming his ULTIMATE naive victim

I'm going to make him come to the belief that by ripping me off, he will achieve his dream.
    BUT I'm going to use time as my only real arsenal. This will be an ongoing project. I do feel there are certain people out there who really believe this type of behavoir is the solution to their terrible lives.
    I'm going to take their "solution", amplify and extract the most potent parts of it in a very subtle way (that couldn't even alert a retarded gerbil to my true intentions) and slowly manipulate his entire thought process, reason for living, and turn his parisitic existence into a rope that will come dangling around his neck (by his own hands one day) and bring justice to this world. =]

Yes I know, sounds a bit extreme. Very slim chance it will actually work. But I may get lucky and write a book one day about lethal psychological assault via email and make millions myself.

This was my first of MANY emails to follow:

his email first -

Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 03:43:06 -0800
    To: ********.com
    Subject: UPDATE....

Hello ,
    I hope you are fine and alright. I have been busy myself but doing great.My account manager has issued the check to your address but there is something i think i must bring to your notice. After a reconciliation of my account , i discovered that somehow my assistant must have over paid you. The payment that was meant for another transaction was sent to you and the one meant for you was sent to another, however i want to believe i wont have a problem with you. Please once you receive your payment, i will like you to deduct your money and send the remaining via western union to the manager of the shipping company that will help me with the pick-up.I will provide the info you need to complete the western union transfer once you receive payment.Thanks once again for your understanding.
    Warm regards.
    Have a Blessing Day.

********************************** My response*************

Sent: Sat 3/29/08 10:14 PM
    To: Kevin ****** (***********.com)

Hey Kevin,
    I hate when that happens. I've had situations where other trusted surgeons in my practice (I'm a doctor) have accidentally mixed up the papers for a patient and they wind up.. well not getting exactly what they were suppose to.
    But in my practice these incidents can't be ignored.
    Thats just so you know I DO understand accidents happen.
    But I will tell you it can always be much worse, someones life could be at stake.

I will wait for the money order so I can cash it and get the balance to you immediately. I have no need to cause problems over money because money has never been a problem for me.
    Also when you come to my girlfriends house you are welcome to see my Yacht (if you are into boats) it was actually in "Power & Motoryacht" magazine last year under the megayacht section. But only if you are into boats, I know a good deal of men are.
    You do need to understand however I work A LOT. Long hours. Otherwise my mutliestates will succumb to my financial laxity. So sometimes iy may take some time getting back to you.
    I should also note I am selling furniture of my own (not my girlfriends). Its more lavish and chances are money will be an issue for you (as it is for most people) but I figured it was worth mentioning.
    If you're interested I can send pics.

I will wait for the money order and will be in touch. Take care and God Bless!
    Last edited by Bojangles69; 03-29-2008 at 09:08 PM.

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Bo...where have u been hidin brother...

Fratello! Its been a hectic winter but this summer I will be around to circumcize these mafangules. (sp) =]

And Italian leather wallets can be found at:
    http://www.badmofowallets.com/
    Last edited by Bojangles69; 03-29-2008 at 10:00 PM.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Awesome! I always wanted to do something like this. If nothing else you waist their time.

borntobeblue is offline Junior Member
    dood let it go and get a life

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Anyone want a cookie ?

Princes_Gate is offline Associate Member
    I wouldn't assume he is poor and wants to leave his country

Fraud is nigerias biggest industry, he probably makes more money than you

http://www.scamorama.com/

These guys scam the scammers. I've seen some where they tell the scammer theres a problem and they need $100 to get the $5,000 they are going to send them out the bank, so the stupid scammers send them $100! hahaha

just to show u the money these guys can make

/\ LMFAO!!! I went to read some of those stories & they are fvckn hilarious.

Like Princes said, I'm sure these pinheads are "probably making more money" than me. rofl!

there was a documentary on tv over here about nigerian scammers and these guys work in gangs that make millions of dollars a year.

you'd be surprised how many stupid americans actually do send them the money.

i work with Western union and it's ****ing CONSTANT the complains about people who've sent $5000+ to nigerians

Quote Originally Posted by borntobeblue View Post
    dood let it go and get a life
    So I can be cool like you?

I think I'd rather

Quote Originally Posted by Princes_Gate View Post
    there was a documentary on tv over here about nigerian scammers and these guys work in gangs that make millions of dollars a year.

you'd be surprised how many stupid americans actually do send them the money.

i work with Western union and it's ****ing CONSTANT the complains about people who've sent $5000+ to nigerians
    Yeh not everyone whos tall winds up playing ball for the NBA.

SOME scammers I'm sure actually make decent money, and I'm sure theres plenty of americans getting burnt (like 1 out of every 10,000 or w/e actual stats would show).

I'd imagine their about as successful as your typical robber, thief, dealer, etc. And from dealing with criminals myself directly, I've learned most of them are complete idiots.

But yeh, I'm sure some do make out good, till they get shot in the face by their jealous bestfriend/niece/mother

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    This is a very common scam. If you are difficult to scam then they will just ignore you and move on to the next victim. Dont waste your time, and NEVER deal with anyone from Nigeria. Internet scam capital of the world.

Thread Information