Blog Entries

Great interveiw clip (gun control)

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    ha ha big bump for uncle ted

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    First and foremost I have been a fan of Nugent since the 70's. He influenced my guitar playing very much. Second I'm a big proponent of the 2nd ammendment. The reality is that even if everyone was legally able to carry a firearm, there will still be heinous crimes committed because not everyone will want to carry a gun. There will always be victims and also perps. Its the nature of humanity. I own firearms for protection of myself and my family. Now if someone breaks into my home with intent for theft am I gonna come out blasting? NO. But if I feel that I am in fear for my life and my family I will not hesitate to use deadly force. Owning guns carries a great deal of responsibilities and not every one should be able to do so, theres many unstable people out there with clean records that can legally own and carry guns. That is something that concerns me more than anything else. There's been too many instances where people "snap" and kill others with legally bought guns. This issue is a double edged sword. Damned if you do and damned if you don;t.

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by inky-e View Post
    First and foremost I have been a fan of Nugent since the 70's. He influenced my guitar playing very much. Second I'm a big proponent of the 2nd ammendment. The reality is that even if everyone was legally able to carry a firearm, there will still be heinous crimes committed because not everyone will want to carry a gun. There will always be victims and also perps. Its the nature of humanity. I own firearms for protection of myself and my family. Now if someone breaks into my home with intent for theft am I gonna come out blasting? NO. But if I feel that I am in fear for my life and my family I will not hesitate to use deadly force. Owning guns carries a great deal of responsibilities and not every one should be able to do so, theres many unstable people out there with clean records that can legally own and carry guns. That is something that concerns me more than anything else. There's been too many instances where people "snap" and kill others with legally bought guns. This issue is a double edged sword. Damned if you do and damned if you don;t.
    GREAT POST!!!!!

lex57 is offline Senior Member
    hers is a point i like to bring up also that is pretty obvious. no matter what criminals will have guns to rob and kill you. so why cant we have them to protect ourselves from them? how often do we here of a suburban housewife go off and carjack someone at gunpoint with her legally registered handgun, that she has a carry permit for? never.how often do you hear of a convicted felon out of prison, third strike offender, carjack someone at gunpoint with his illegaly obtained gun that he is carrying, which is a federal offense, and kill someone? too often. people should be able to carry guns with proper training and checks. if you look at alot of crime statistics, crime does seem to decrease in areas where concealed weapons are allowed.

and to kind of touch on what inky said, there are a lot of ill people out there that will kill with guns. but what if they used an axe, or a hammer, etc., do you ban the sale of axes or if someone has a hammer in their car are you going to put them in jail. if they kill someone they are no less dead because they used an axe compared to a handgun. bottom line is guns dont kill people bullets do, and that bullet wont come out of that gun unless somebody pulls the trigger.

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Quote Originally Posted by lex57 View Post
    hers is a point i like to bring up also that is pretty obvious. no matter what criminals will have guns to rob and kill you. so why cant we have them to protect ourselves from them? how often do we here of a suburban housewife go off and carjack someone at gunpoint with her legally registered handgun, that she has a carry permit for? never.how often do you hear of a convicted felon out of prison, third strike offender, carjack someone at gunpoint with his illegaly obtained gun that he is carrying, which is a federal offense, and kill someone? too often. people should be able to carry guns with proper training and checks. if you look at alot of crime statistics, crime does seem to decrease in areas where concealed weapons are allowed.

and to kind of touch on what inky said, there are a lot of ill people out there that will kill with guns. but what if they used an axe, or a hammer, etc., do you ban the sale of axes or if someone has a hammer in their car are you going to put them in jail. if they kill someone they are no less dead because they used an axe compared to a handgun. bottom line is guns dont kill people bullets do, and that bullet wont come out of that gun unless somebody pulls the trigger.
    Its a typical liberal thing...Only liberals would demonize inanimant objects.

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries

Thread Information