Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ghost Stories

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dece870717 View Post
    How can you prove a supernatural thing with natural methods? Supernatural is outside the boundaries of the natural world. Its not possible, it'd be like trying to test or prove a third dimension living in a two dimensional world it can't be done and it could never been understood.
    Why do you assume that Ghosts are supernatural? No1 knows what they are, so why do you assume that? Because you read that in a book as a child? Ghosts could be anything.

TheChosen1 is offline Member

New Orleans have many ghost infested areas, especially in the French Quarters. When I was in LE, our division was transferred into an old building that is located in the Louis Armstrong Memorial Park. The stories that I heard was that it was once a slave plantation. The look of the buildings, you can truly tell that they were built centuries ago.

Any way, sometime in late 1988, it was my 1st time working there during the graveyard shift. I was the desk officer on duty. Well, the watch commander came downstairs from her office at 12 midnight to tell me that she was going to make her rounds. All I had to do all night was to sit in the empty semi-lit building, watch whatever's on TV at the time, and look outside of the huge 6 foot windows outside into the park. I don't remember how it happened but I guess out of boredom, I eventually dozed off for a few minutes. But at 2 AM, I woke up and went to the men's room to take a dump. About 5 minutes on the can, I began hearing noises upstairs above me. It sound as if someone was walking across the floor. Thinking that the watch commander returned, I rushed to get back to the desk. As I'm washing up, the foot steps sped up to more like a faster walk and then a run. I made it to the front office and saw that the doors were still locked as I had had them earlier. I called on the police radio to the watch commander and asked her location. She was still miles away from headquarters. I walked outside to see if I saw anything from there through the upstairs window and saw nothing. All I can say was that I know I heard something that night and later radioed the WC to tell her that I was going to be in my personal vehicle until she returned. It was daylight by the time she got back.

About a year or two after that, we had a few new officers transferred to our division. One of them would spend the entire nights wide awoke while most of us took turns taking an hour nap. But this guy would be doing the weirdest things all night just to stay up. One night, his partner told us that it was because they were in the office one night and both of them noticed a family of 3 (man, woman, and a child) walk in front of the building across a pond from our headquarters and stare into the fountain in front of the building. Knowing that they had locked all of the entrances, they decided to go and investigate it. There's a small bridge near our building to cross over that pond. The guy said that when they reached the top of the bridge where you're able to see the area well, the 3 were gone completely. They searched the entire park and could not find the family and all gates (entrances) were still locked and secured. So that guy who stayed up every night did so since then because he was pretty much scared shitless that night.

However, we spent about 10 years in that building and I don't recall another ghostly matter there. However, voodoo queens and princes used to perform annual rituals in front of the building next to ours.
    Last edited by TheChosen1; 06-28-2008 at 04:54 AM.

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    Ghost stories are just that...stories.

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    Obviously for all you people who need cold hard facts I urge you to pop in the basic gospel of ghost.... Ghostbusters! What more proof do you need then that documentary!?!

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lifts-a-lot View Post
    Obviously for all you people who need cold hard facts I urge you to pop in the basic gospel of ghost.... Ghostbusters! What more proof do you need then that documentary!?!
    Haha, that's funny shit...not to go off tangent but I once told a mate that Police Acadamy was loosley based on a true story. He believed me.

OpusX is offline Banned
    The boogie man is coming to get you people

OpusX is offline Banned
    I grew up in a old town w/ lots of Victorian homes built in the 1800's, and i took my youngest daughter for the "Ghost Tour" on the night before Halloween. All these silly yanks have moved in and are now seeing all these 'ghosts'. I grew up there, all over that town at night as a kid (small town), and never saw diddly, i think it's all in the mind...

There was a 'place' at the foot of the Courthouse steps where two men killed each other in the early 1900's, and in that 'place' allegedly at times you can see the blood from those dead men. At the end of the tour, my 11yo daughter told the wacko tour guide that she bent over to look at the 'place' and when she straightened up, she had blood in her hair. The tour guide started tripping, then my daughter laughed and told her it was from a costume she wore at school earlier.

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member

Thumbs up g0dsend great thread

I am with you here, i eard plenty but never got to see or hear anything myself.

Great thread.

Hey ironside you got some scary stories but very interesting too.

Amazing thanks for sharing
    Last edited by yannick35; 06-28-2008 at 04:41 PM.

J431S is offline Banned
    there is no such thing as ghost...these are make believed creatures imbue by superstition thinking. Get real folks.

bowwow is offline Junior Member
    My Aunt bought an old funeral parlor that was built in the 1800's, I have had many personal experiences in that place. One is every night the door from the cellar would open by itself... even with the dead bolt latched.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by Overhaulz View Post
    BINGO. "Ghosts definitely exist," say people. Then where is the scientific evidence the definitively proves this to be true. Oh, there isn't any.

where was the evidence that electro-magnetism existed 150 or so years ago? Thats not a valid argument.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by dece870717 View Post
    How can you prove a supernatural thing with natural methods? Supernatural is outside the boundaries of the natural world. Its not possible, it'd be like trying to test or prove a third dimension living in a two dimensional world it can't be done and it could never been understood.
    exactly.....It would be like trying to observe special reletavity directly, without anything going at the speed of light.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information