Thread: The Academy

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality

The Academy

Anyone seen this reality show? It scares the crap out of me that these 5 foot tall losers who can't even do a push-up or run a mile are even being considered as police officers! Scary.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    yea, i seen 2 shows. i am pretty sure if the trainees dont meet the minimun standards they will wash out.....and do the "sea bag drag"
    but really, thats why the fuzz got guns, sticks, tazers and radios to make-em all 6 footers with 4.4 speed.

Misery13 is offline Not Here
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnstHatAngst View Post
    Anyone seen this reality show? It scares the crap out of me that these 5 foot tall losers who can't even do a push-up or run a mile are even being considered as police officers! Scary.
    that's why it's a reality show...it's set up to keep you watching...

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    15 years ago, I would have been like "WTF?" But after university and time in the military, it doesn't surprise me one bit.

The number of recruits who can't do a single pushup, situp, pullup, touch their toes, or run 1.5 miles in less than 20 minutes is pathetic. We need to seriously rethink/revise physical fitness standards in our primary and secondary education systems.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAR View Post
    We need to seriously rethink/revise physical fitness standards in our primary and secondary education systems.
    i agree with that statement!

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    there are 2 people that become cops. 1. is that nerd that was in law enforcement class and the police explorers and his daddy was the neighborhood watch and he got a degree in criminal justice. and 2. the ex athlete that dont go to college or just dont finish. i was #2 those nerdy guys were good in the classroom but we would kick their ass in tactics and in turn they were the top grade getters. we had to keep an 80 avg and thats what most of us athlete guys kept. but we also had to do 30 push ups in 1 min and thats barely what they did while we were fighting it out in the 50' and 60's. but nonetheless they weed out the week guys and some make major strides in the pt dept. they end up brainwashing everyone into thinking ur invincible but it was a fun time in my life.

Thread Information