Rye_guy is offline Member

sad, frustrated,disappointed and lost

first of all, I have to say its certainly not like me to feel this way, Im usually the last person to feel depressed about anything, I honestly dont think I have any reason to feel this way.

first thing to say is that I am not currently coming off anything, I have been planning to start a new cycle shortly, but due to these feelings Im having, I dont think its a good idea to get on the sauce...

Im 26 years old, I live on the west coast of canada, the most beautiful place to live, and I have great friends and a supportive family, I have a decent job, but I feel like Im not making anything of myself. I cant shake the feeling that Im an utter failure. I look around and see others happy, making thier lives grow, where Im still in the same situation I was in 2 years ago.

Im sitting in camp, havent touched the gym downstairs today, been shaking and teary eyed for no apparent reason. I feel like a little baby who just wants his freakin mother. it seems no matter what I try to do to better my life further it all flopps in my face like a rancid seagull shit hurtling towards some poor unsuspecting beach comber. ive been tryin to better my life, and amount to more, but no matter what I try to do it just blows up in my face.

the only outreach I have to family and friends is the internet and a phone, im hundreds of kilometers from town or any civiliation right now up in the coastal mountains, far away from anyone I know or care about. I have 7 more days here and I just cant wait to go home so I can curl up in my bed and burry my head under my pillow.

even as Im here reaching out to people on this forum, Im sitting in the computer chair with tears running down my face wondering whats next for me... my job and industry are slowly goin downhill, works getting slow, I have bills and payments I am barley able to keep up with, my love life has been in the shits the past few months and I really cant seem to bounce back out of this.

my baby sister just graduated and I wasnt there to see it and I feel selfish for only thinking about myself... worrying about being a broke old bastard, no family, no home, and having noone to care about him. its a feeling I havent ever experienced before, but has been growing for months and now Im to the point where I dont know if I can handle it anymore. I dont know whats to come of me, I really cant say.

I cant get ahold of anyone i know to talk about my feelings or figure out whats wrong with me so Im here talking my issues out to thousands of people ive never met on my anabolic web forum. is this the act of a normal human being? all I can think of as of late is the house I lost, the family I lost and how far down the shitter I am.

I dont even know what good writing this out and posting it online will do for me. right now Im here with some guy I dont even like in the next room, im hiding in the office on the computer waiting for the phone to ring so i can find my family. I keep thinking stress leave, but what good is that going to accomplish for me?

I dont know what to do, I dont know exactly why I feel like this, and I dont know what Im going to do about it... but to any of those who took the time to read my whinny ***** rant, I thank you... and take care

Rye Guy

GORILA-UNIT is offline Member
    bro if u could survive through the dark nights theres always a brighter day. I know where u comming from cause i've been there myself and i've realized nothing in life is worth being depressed about, its easier said than done though. So i tell u this the only guarantee in life is death and taxes and thats it. Everytime i get depressed and down i keep telling myself depression is a garbage waste state of mind, why because it does abolutly nothing constructive for u and just keep u down. Keep ur head up and have a fighting mentality instead of victim mentallity. Think possitive and give it all u got, when times get rough push harder, when life push backs at u push even harder, push till theres no where to push no more and then push some more. U'll either make it or die trying in either way u control ur destiny instead of feeling like a victim all the times. Buy this book called "the secret" it talks about law of attraction and i found it very helpful in different aspects of life. keep ur head up and start hitting the weights, i find when im down nothing makes me feel better more than working out. GOOD LUCK BRO

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    keep your head up bro.

if worse comes to worse and your feelings of depression do not go away, you'd be best to visit a doctor and make sure the situation doesnt get any harder.

numbat is offline Member
    First, Rye Guy I commend you on having the guts and courage to post. Your 26 F***in years old bro. Your life has only begun. All those bills and the ups and downs of jobs are mere bumps in life.

Your still in the same situation you were 2 years ago? WTF? I have had shits that take nearly two years to disperse man. The illusion you see looking around can be deceptive.

I wont say that there aren't people who are genuinely content,happy, and everything is just grand, but what does that mean for YOU. Not shit im afraid.

Ive seen the great mighty business men with fancy cars and trophy wives who seem to have it all. The next thing you know there divorced, old lady's grinding someone else, and they've lost everything. Shit changes at the drop of the hat.

You control your reality Rye. If its the job thats bringing you down, then find something else. The love life comes and goes. You know this. The family you speak of, well, they will always be there, and feel blessed that you have them in your life.

Time is well on your side at 26. Keep changing, rearranging,and sit down and figure out what means the most to you.

Good Luck,
    B

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    keep your head up bro.

if worse comes to worse and your feelings of depression do not go away, you'd be best to visit a doctor and make sure the situation doesnt get any harder.

Absolutely do not follow this advice! What the **** is a doctor going to do to help rid you of these feelings? Docotrs do nothing to "cure" anything anymore, they only hand out drugs that have been giving to them by manufacturers who give them $$$ for pushing their shit.

I would ask you to empower yourself and come up with a plan to make some changes, drugs are not the answer. We are living in an age where 80% of the population are on some "prescription" drugs, so that makes it right huh?

**** that..everyone is walking around all drugged up and shit. It's about ****ing time people start letting their immune system and common sense help themselves.

Going to the doctor would be the last thing on my mind. You go to a doctor and just mention any sad feelings, the ****er will script you right then and there for some shit. haha
    ***No source checks!!!***

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rye_guy View Post
    first of all, I have to say its certainly not like me to feel this way, Im usually the last person to feel depressed about anything, I honestly dont think I have any reason to feel this way.

first thing to say is that I am not currently coming off anything, I have been planning to start a new cycle shortly, but due to these feelings Im having, I dont think its a good idea to get on the sauce...

Im 26 years old, I live on the west coast of canada, the most beautiful place to live, and I have great friends and a supportive family, I have a decent job, but I feel like Im not making anything of myself. I cant shake the feeling that Im an utter failure. I look around and see others happy, making thier lives grow, where Im still in the same situation I was in 2 years ago.

Im sitting in camp, havent touched the gym downstairs today, been shaking and teary eyed for no apparent reason. I feel like a little baby who just wants his freakin mother. it seems no matter what I try to do to better my life further it all flopps in my face like a rancid seagull shit hurtling towards some poor unsuspecting beach comber. ive been tryin to better my life, and amount to more, but no matter what I try to do it just blows up in my face.

the only outreach I have to family and friends is the internet and a phone, im hundreds of kilometers from town or any civiliation right now up in the coastal mountains, far away from anyone I know or care about. I have 7 more days here and I just cant wait to go home so I can curl up in my bed and burry my head under my pillow.

even as Im here reaching out to people on this forum, Im sitting in the computer chair with tears running down my face wondering whats next for me... my job and industry are slowly goin downhill, works getting slow, I have bills and payments I am barley able to keep up with, my love life has been in the shits the past few months and I really cant seem to bounce back out of this.

my baby sister just graduated and I wasnt there to see it and I feel selfish for only thinking about myself... worrying about being a broke old bastard, no family, no home, and having noone to care about him. its a feeling I havent ever experienced before, but has been growing for months and now Im to the point where I dont know if I can handle it anymore. I dont know whats to come of me, I really cant say.

I cant get ahold of anyone i know to talk about my feelings or figure out whats wrong with me so Im here talking my issues out to thousands of people ive never met on my anabolic web forum. is this the act of a normal human being? all I can think of as of late is the house I lost, the family I lost and how far down the shitter I am.

I dont even know what good writing this out and posting it online will do for me. right now Im here with some guy I dont even like in the next room, im hiding in the office on the computer waiting for the phone to ring so i can find my family. I keep thinking stress leave, but what good is that going to accomplish for me?

I dont know what to do, I dont know exactly why I feel like this, and I dont know what Im going to do about it... but to any of those who took the time to read my whinny ***** rant, I thank you... and take care

Rye Guy

Every man faces this in their life. I was there when I was about your age. It will go away. I think you are feeling home sick . Just bear the feeling for next seven days. Make sure you do lot of cardio and most of us are here most of the time.You can post here or Heck you can PM me if you like.

Also things that help me when i get alittle emotional is look at other people that have it worse than you. and im sure theres quite a few. homeless people, people with diseases with no remedy, cancer, stroke, mental illness. people missing limbs. people in 3rd world countries dying of hunger.

I then realize how many things i take for granted. Seems to me you have alot going for you like a good family, job, and friends.

Me, well my family is good, they all seem to be dying off and my mother is bed ridden for the rest of her life from a stroke, dad works all the time to pay doc. bills, i have no friends due to recently changing social groups to get away from drugs. my life consists of 2 jobs, gym, and keeping my mother company at home. but i know what needs to be done and its gonna take time. A week from now i bet you will look at your post and think its silly.

Good luck and take care!

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro, we all go throw tough times. You just need to relax, look outside the box and see that you have alot of great things that we take for granted. You have hands, feet, a voice, a family and friends that love you. Go out there and say " I'm going to be somebody, I'm going to succeed today." think positive all the time and great things will always come ur way. take care and keep moving forward.

TJM7275 is offline Banned
    Damm man wish i could say something to make you feel better, but I can't. Just keep your head up and take it one day at a time. When you get home, set small goals for yourself. Maybe hitting the gym and getting more jacked. Set goals that are feasible for you to accomplish... Baby steps bro. Maybe when you get home, treat yourself to something that will put a smile on your face... Maybe a nice piece of ass or some material thing that you really don't need, but want anyway. BigLittleTim is great on this board for making people feel better. He gave me some great advice when I broke up with my girl. Anyway man, keep your head up and all the best.... And worst comes to worst you always got all of us... Probably not the most emotional guys, but at least were here if you need to vent

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    the only thing I can only suggest is pray.

I'm a big believer because I have been quite depressed about things before and nothing has helped me like prayer.

bigt10 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja View Post
    Absolutely do not follow this advice! What the **** is a doctor going to do to help rid you of these feelings? Docotrs do nothing to "cure" anything anymore, they only hand out drugs that have been giving to them by manufacturers who give them $$$ for pushing their shit.

I would ask you to empower yourself and come up with a plan to make some changes, drugs are not the answer. We are living in an age where 80% of the population are on some "prescription" drugs, so that makes it right huh?

**** that..everyone is walking around all drugged up and shit. It's about ****ing time people start letting their immune system and common sense help themselves.

Going to the doctor would be the last thing on my mind. You go to a doctor and just mention any sad feelings, the ****er will script you right then and there for some shit. haha
    oh man my favorite words. COMMON SENSE.

Bro its going to get better, chill, stop worrying about the past worry about tommorow. Get back to the gym lift take your mind off shit. Why dont you tell yourself what you are going to do and stop whining about what you didnt do in the past.

Doctors just push drugs for companies that lobby in washington trying to get senators to pass their bills so they can sell more prescription drugs and Senate approves as they buy shares in their corporations. I mean not to sound like an old cryer but isnt this the shit Ron Paul almost talked out of his mouth. SUch as they now want to screen everykid for mental problems at a young age?????

Anyways shit will get better. You sound really depressed, cheer up. Start a cycle haha, but really are you on pct or anything that could make it a bit worse.

Make sure you start to look within yourself for happiness, not the doctor or other uncontrolable things in your life. As Soon as you start relying on yourself for self happiness and self worth your going to feel alot better. If you are relying on external and extrinsic things for happyness and sucess it is not going to get any better. From your post you seem to put to much stress on shit not in your life that you cant control. Start putting some more worth into things you can control and youll feel better.
    Last edited by bigt10; 07-03-2008 at 12:22 PM.

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by audis4 View Post
    the only thing I can only suggest is pray.

I'm a big believer because I have been quite depressed about things before and nothing has helped me like prayer.

agree!!!

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Mind over matter. I have read many of articles like this and i can tell you from first hand experience its works. I posted the link down bottom which directs you to the site where you can look at the beginning of the article. There is so much info i can't post it all.

Here is the section Methods for changing mood-
    http://www.mentalhelp.net/poc/view_d...id=9757&cn=353

Methods For Changing Your Mood
    Mark Dombeck, Ph.D. and Jolyn Wells-Moran, Ph.D.

Moods are emotions, and emotions are feeling states affecting mind and body, thought and behavior, and yet distinct from those things. They are a fundamental part of human nature, much older in *********ary terms than your ability to think. Before thought existed as such, emotions evolved as the most primary way for animals to make decisions about events in the world. The word "emotion" contains the root "motion". This is because emotions are motivating; they exist to push or lure us to move towards things we feel good about, and to want to avoid or escape from things we feel badly about. Emotions motivate us to behave in particular ways, sometimes with such intensity that thoughts and other rational considerations are pushed aside and we end up behaving in ways we know are bad for us.

People are capable of having all sorts of moods and emotions. The basic complement of emotions people are capable of includes anger, disgust, fear, joy, sadness, and surprise, according to researcher Paul Ekman, but other emotions, including anxiety, shame and guilt, become available as we mature and become a part of families and society.

Few people view positively toned emotions like joy as a problem. Instead, it is the negatively toned emotions and moods such as anger, anxiety, fear, and depression/sadness which people seek to change. The more chronically people experience these states, the more urgently they generally wish to be rid of them.

A variety of techniques are useful to know about for managing moods. We've already covered a very large and important technique, Cognitive Restructuring, in our discussion above concerning how thought habits may be changed. Cognitive restructuring is a method for changing thoughts. Because thoughts heavily influence and determine moods and emotion, changing the way that you think about things (the way you appraise and make sense of events) changes your moods. When you stop thinking in ways that make you sad, you end up feeling sad less often, in essence.

** Cognitive restructuring is a method for fundamentally undermining and altering the causes of your chronic negative moods and emotions. Practiced regularly and accurately, it enables people to experience their problem moods less frequently, and less intensely. The method is best suited for preventing negative moods from occurring in the first place, or preventing negative moods from getting worse, however. In order for it to work, you need to be capable of thinking logically and rationally. It is very difficult to do that when you are emotional. You must turn to other techniques for calming yourself down when you are feeling upset.

ref http://www.mentalhelp.net/poc/view_d...id=9730&cn=353

bigt10 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Mind over matter. I have read many of articles like this and i can tell you from first hand experience its works. I posted the link down bottom which directs you to the site where you can look at the beginning of the article. There is so much info i can't post it all.

Here is the section Methods for changing mood-
    http://www.mentalhelp.net/poc/view_d...id=9757&cn=353

Methods For Changing Your Mood
    Mark Dombeck, Ph.D. and Jolyn Wells-Moran, Ph.D.

Moods are emotions, and emotions are feeling states affecting mind and body, thought and behavior, and yet distinct from those things. They are a fundamental part of human nature, much older in *********ary terms than your ability to think. Before thought existed as such, emotions evolved as the most primary way for animals to make decisions about events in the world. The word "emotion" contains the root "motion". This is because emotions are motivating; they exist to push or lure us to move towards things we feel good about, and to want to avoid or escape from things we feel badly about. Emotions motivate us to behave in particular ways, sometimes with such intensity that thoughts and other rational considerations are pushed aside and we end up behaving in ways we know are bad for us.

People are capable of having all sorts of moods and emotions. The basic complement of emotions people are capable of includes anger, disgust, fear, joy, sadness, and surprise, according to researcher Paul Ekman, but other emotions, including anxiety, shame and guilt, become available as we mature and become a part of families and society.

Few people view positively toned emotions like joy as a problem. Instead, it is the negatively toned emotions and moods such as anger, anxiety, fear, and depression/sadness which people seek to change. The more chronically people experience these states, the more urgently they generally wish to be rid of them.

A variety of techniques are useful to know about for managing moods. We've already covered a very large and important technique, Cognitive Restructuring, in our discussion above concerning how thought habits may be changed. Cognitive restructuring is a method for changing thoughts. Because thoughts heavily influence and determine moods and emotion, changing the way that you think about things (the way you appraise and make sense of events) changes your moods. When you stop thinking in ways that make you sad, you end up feeling sad less often, in essence.

** Cognitive restructuring is a method for fundamentally undermining and altering the causes of your chronic negative moods and emotions. Practiced regularly and accurately, it enables people to experience their problem moods less frequently, and less intensely. The method is best suited for preventing negative moods from occurring in the first place, or preventing negative moods from getting worse, however. In order for it to work, you need to be capable of thinking logically and rationally. It is very difficult to do that when you are emotional. You must turn to other techniques for calming yourself down when you are feeling upset.

ref http://www.mentalhelp.net/poc/view_d...id=9730&cn=353
    nice post dsm!

GORILA-UNIT is offline Member
    props to u dsm, very good informative link. i just spend hour reading most of it. good post

accidentally reposted, couldnt figure out how to delete, so i just figured id explain.
    Last edited by Rye_guy; 07-14-2008 at 02:26 AM.

hey thanks for the support guys. I havent been on a computer in a while so i havent been able to see all the kind advice you all have left for me. It really helped cheer me up. I have been feeling better, I try not to think about the things that have been bothering me, I have requested a transfer at work to an area where I actually have friends from home to work with, I have been busting my balls in the gym tryin to take my mind off my woes. something about a wicked workout that makes you feel good no matter how shitty life is at the current moment.

since Ive been home I have spent as much time training as I can, even spent two days in the woods hiking through strathcona procivical park, being at peace with the land and the mountains is good for the soul.

I certainly can not say I am fixed, but I see that light at the end of the tunnel so to speak, some prospectives have come out after my patience in waiting and I honestly have to admit, ive been somewhat happy this week. I have consoled in a dear friend of mine and he was there to help me, as was my family. my family were the biggest help this week, my mother and father practically had to usher me out of the house at points, but nothing beats moms cooking. lol good ole german food.

i can only hope the next few weeks are better and that things progress in a postive manner. things havent been easy, but thinking towards the future I cant say it looks too grim anymore. it is easy for the mind to become clouded with darkness and sadness.

but thank you all for the support, I appreciate knowing that there are good people out there, who despite being perfect strangers, people can care and open up on this site. you are all good people, thank you

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i'll tell you what, if i was waking up next to that girl in your avater i sure the hell wouldnt be depressed
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pietro75 View Post
    i'll tell you what, if i was waking up next to that girl in your avater i sure the hell wouldnt be depressed
    I would

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    I would
    she is pretty bangin, you wouldnt make an exception (to not be depressed that is)

Deen54 is offline Member
    when i get depressed i think about all the things i want to do and wonder
    why I haven't done them.
    Then i set out to do them.

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree with what was said earlier up there, it takes a lot of balls to post something like that on this message board, so first of all congrats on being a strong enough person to do so. I have felt this exact same way man. Im far away from my true friends and my fam and dont really have anyone to talk to shiit about. My life is perfectly normal and I have nothing to feel bad or be depressed about. But for some reason sometimes it just seems like everyone else in the world is just happier than I am. Clinical depression is a real disease, despite what some other people will tell you. I would suggest that if these feelings persist you go see a doc and consider anti-depressants. I use to take them and they helped A LOT! I stopped because I didnt like the sides and I didnt like the idea of needing to take a pill to be happy. I have recently realized that its stupid to be proud when it comes to your mental health and I am strongly considering getting back on them. Some people just dont have as much happy as other people bro, lol. And Im starting to think I might be one of those people. I just wanted you to know that you are in no way alone in feeling this way. Just keep pushing on and seriously consider talking to a doctor or its just gonna get worse. Take care.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    happens to the strongest people sometimes. hang tough, follow (some of) the advice above, and when all else fails, "fake it till you make it" - shave, shower, dress well and hit the gym, even if you feel like you're dying inside.

wilson9d is offline Senior Member
    leave canada

Thread Information