xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries

Used Beginner Bike

Wheres the best place to look for one? Talking sports bike

The internet? What site(s)?

Or go to a dealer??

Just looking for a used beginner bike.
    Im not sure what brand. It seems like all I see are suzuki's and kawasaki's...

1down5up is offline Associate Member
    craigslist, bike forums, news paper. You can try a dealer, you might pay a little bit on the high side tho.

Blog Entries
    I was originally thinking of a little 04 300cc something....
    or is that too crappy? lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 1down5up View Post
    craigslist, bike forums, news paper. You can try a dealer, you might pay a little bit on the high side tho.
    Yeah. Thanks.

Im also looking @ ebay

TJM7275 is offline Banned
    TJM7275's shed bro..... I have a 94 GSXR-750. It need a little work but cosmetically its in great shape. I bought it about 10 years ago and it looked like it had just come out of the crate. It had 3200 miles on it and the owner before me was an older dude who took it out occasionally. Not sure where your at bro... let me know though. I'd probably just give it to you if you wanna pay to have it shipped. The valves need to be adjusted big time. It wont snap. I can do it just very very lazy. Let me know

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TJM7275 View Post
    TJM7275's shed bro..... I have a 94 GSXR-750. It need a little work but cosmetically its in great shape. I bought it about 10 years ago and it looked like it had just come out of the crate. It had 3200 miles on it and the owner before me was an older dude who took it out occasionally. Not sure where your at bro... let me know though. I'd probably just give it to you if you wanna pay to have it shipped. The valves need to be adjusted big time. It wont snap. I can do it just very very lazy. Let me know
    Hell man. Let me see pics of it. I may want it. mI use to have a 94 750.

I'll have to scan some.... Its wrapped up in the back of my shed. It was a good bike, but I beat the living hell out of it. I got hit on it so the whole left side fairings, foot peg, shift lever and clutch are brand new. Front and rear fairing too. Shit bro I will think about it, but probably would give it one of you guys. It will just rot there. I also have a ton of parts for my 1000. Got stolen last year and the little pricks tried to take the data plate off and ripped a whole in the frame. I tried to weld it but its gone. I also had a business customizing crtoch rockets and have all the polishing shit, Led Kits and a couple NOS kits as well, wet and dry. Let me know Bro's... You want I will beging the search and send it to you
    G, I thought I told you I had all that crap... Well let me know brother

Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    Ninja 250 is a great starter bike. You can pick them up cheap and odds are when your done with it and its in the ame condition you will sell it for what you paid for it.

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    Wheres the best place to look for one? Talking sports bike

The internet? What site(s)?

Or go to a dealer??

Just looking for a used beginner bike.
    Im not sure what brand. It seems like all I see are suzuki's and kawasaki's...

i always like this place.

http://www.cycletrader.com/

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    I'll have to scan some.... Its wrapped up in the back of my shed. It was a good bike, but I beat the living hell out of it. I got hit on it so the whole left side fairings, foot peg, shift lever and clutch are brand new. Front and rear fairing too. Shit bro I will think about it, but probably would give it one of you guys. It will just rot there. I also have a ton of parts for my 1000. Got stolen last year and the little pricks tried to take the data plate off and ripped a whole in the frame. I tried to weld it but its gone. I also had a business customizing crtoch rockets and have all the polishing shit, Led Kits and a couple NOS kits as well, wet and dry. Let me know Bro's... You want I will beging the search and send it to you

i want it if your not too far away.

Blog Entries
    an 08 Ninja 250R for $3500.

brand new.

hhhhmmmm....

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^three things. First, don't get a Ninja 250R. You'll grow bored of it within a few days. A good sized starter is a 600. A Suzuki SV650 is a great first bike and they're very affordable. Second, if you want to find some really cheap sport bikes go sign up over at supermotojunkie.com. Most of the new guys over there are really anxious to get into supermoto (which I strongly suggest over any sport bike) so they try to sell their sport bikes really cheap. Third, don't rule out the possiblity of shipping. It might be worth it if you find a really great bike for a good price.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    I'm currently selling the 250r I bought last summer. They're absolutely gutless! It's great if you've never been on a bike b4, but it's weaknesses show through in very little time. Start with something larger, but not a full-on 600cc sportbike. Maybe a 500 of some kind or a Kawi 650r. Blome's suggestion of a sv650 is not a bad idea either. Be aware of the fact that if you go through a dealer you can leave the showroom up to a full $1000 or so lighter in the pocket than that sticker price will have you believe. Dealers charge for "set-up" and other hidden bullspit. You can usually talk them into dropping that, or at least most of it; even on a nice new bike if you know how to deal. Spend that money on a good helmet and jacket! You'll be living in them, so spare no expense.
    Last edited by Ernst; 07-06-2008 at 04:03 AM.

Blog Entries
    get me over some pics.It my be a good project bike for me to play with. I would just come i pick it up off you.

Blog Entries
    If you looking for a good first bike the gsxr 600 is a good choice. It has a power mod switch and also a gear indicator.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i would start with the gsx-r600 bro.
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

I guessing since your on this site you have decent size..... If you got a 250, well crap thats like a moped.. I would go for at least a 600 or a 750..... Remember though, they all go as fast as you move the throttle

If Gsxxr doesn't take it. Let me know. I'd be happy to take it off your hands and I think we're pretty close.

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys for all the responses and advice.

Im currently looking @

1. Ninja 500R $5500
    2. Ninja 650R $6500
    3. SV650SF $6900
    4. GSX-R600 $9400

Now those are all 08 brand new off the dealer website prices.

And I don't think I would/should get a brand new nice bike because I'll probably be laying it down lol
    But I'm sure I could get a nice used one. What about the year on used ones? Is there a certain year I should look for? Or all they basically the same?

Also, Blome, whats your take on the Supermoto bikes? What would be your choice (as far as beginner bike)? From what I'm seeing, looks like theres

1. KLR 650 $5400
    2. Versys $6900
    3. DR-Z400SM $6300

Also,, Ima check out that site here shortly.

Thanks again guys

Im currently looking @

1. Ninja 500R $5500
    2. Ninja 650R $6500
    3. SV650SF $6900
    4. GSX-R600 $9400

And I don't think I would/should get a brand new nice bike because I'll probably be laying it down lol
    But I'm sure I could get a nice used one. What about the year on used ones? Is there a certain year I should look for? Or all they basically the same?

Also, Blome, whats your take on the Supermoto bikes? What would be your choice (as far as beginner bike)? From what I'm seeing, looks like theres

1. KLR 650 $5400
    2. Versys $6900
    3. DR-Z400SM $6300

Thanks again guys

Buy a used bike for your first bike.

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    i just sold my first bike...it was a 2000 cbr 600 f4...was pretty happy with it

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    First bike, nothing over 600CC and make sure its used because chances are you will down it.

My cousin bought a brand new 900RR as a first bike (against my advice) and with in the first month he dropped it. We pulled up to get gas and he forgot to put the kickstand down and walked away ! Sounds dumb but if you don't ride then stuff like this can happen. So before his first payment he had to spend about 1500.00 just to fix the plastics and other parts.

I know of a site where you can get an after market full fairing kit for $500... They have to be painted of course. I will ponder the 94. I have been meaning to fix it but just don't have the time anymore. Its still pretty sexy

Fordfan01 is offline Member
    cant go wrong with a 600 man, bought my first bike, a 2005 r6 last year and i love it

numbat is offline Member
    I have an 06 Ninja 636 slightly modded and it RIPS. I can stay with my cousins 09 ZX-10 till about 120 er so ... I wont go into what it does to GSXR-750s.. For Gixxerboy and Gsxxr's sake.
    All of the bike threads in the past ended up in brawls of some sort. Though if that is Gixxer in his avi he is sportin the kawi green
    Last edited by numbat; 07-06-2008 at 08:35 PM.

Im currently looking @

1. Ninja 500R $5500
    2. Ninja 650R $6500
    3. SV650SF $6900
    4. GSX-R600 $9400

1. KLR 650 $5400
    2. Versys $6900
    3. DR-Z400SM $6300

Thanks again guys
    The DRZ-SM is the only "true" supermoto out of the ones you listed. It's a great begginer bike that can do almost everything the bigger CC bikes can, while still being relatively light. Just like sport bikes, you'll eventually want more power and that's where the DRZ is lacking. My choice for a supermoto would be the KTM 625 SMC, which I owned for a while, but eventually had to get rid of.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

numbat is offline Member
    Nice Ninja 250 DSM. Your graphics kit is tight man.

How fast you had that thing bro?

Blog Entries
    What are ya'lls thoughts on the Ninja 500R? As far a nice little beginners bike...

Not quite 600, but more than the 250....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blome View Post
    The DRZ-SM is the only "true" supermoto out of the ones you listed. It's a great begginer bike that can do almost everything the bigger CC bikes can, while still being relatively light. Just like sport bikes, you'll eventually want more power and that's where the DRZ is lacking. My choice for a supermoto would be the KTM 625 SMC, which I owned for a while, but eventually had to get rid of.
    cool. Thanks. Ill look into that.

numbat is offline Member
    I don't think the 500R would be a bad choice BigSexy. I had a buddy who had one and rode with us (600's-1000's) superbikes.He enjoyed the bike but upgraded rather quickly and it ended up costing him a lot more. It's really hard to say man i assume your a big dude and you would look kinda funny on a 250R. I dont want to try and make ppl get in over there head in terms of power but i think in the long run you will be kicking yourself in the ass for not getting a Sbike.

Obviously the price may be affecting the options that you have. I'll just say that a 250R or Gsxr1000 will both kill you and the weight differences are not that big of an issue. Unless of course there on top of you. Just respect the throttle on whatever you choose and allow ample time to get maximum comfort before getting too ballsy.

Thread Information