Diary of a Mad-man is offline Associate Member

Comic Book collectors thread

So, Carlos gave me an idea with his Star wars collectable destruction thread. Just thought I'd start a thread where we could show-off/talk about our comic collections.

I guess Ill throw in a "yes, I know, comics are for nerds, you would rather be at the gym then playing with comics and toys". Now that that is out of the way, we dont need to hear it again. (I mean that in a nice way, if you want, yes go ahead and make fun).

What are some of the gyms of your collections? My scanner is down, but you can find pics on the inet. Give me a minute, and ill post mine.

(haha, dumbass, i said "gyms" instead of gems)
    Last edited by Diary of a Mad-man; 07-11-2008 at 09:45 AM.

Here is one of my oldest, yet in mint condition, comics.

Daredevil #37. I think its from 1967. See the all black cover? Very hard to keep in mint condition. You can see every fold, crack , or bend on a black cover. The one in this pic has rust on the staples at the spine. Not mine baby!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Comic Book collectors thread-daredevil37.jpeg  
    Last edited by Diary of a Mad-man; 07-11-2008 at 09:15 AM.

Here another fave of mine. Not as valuable as i once thought, but an important piece of history.

Peter Parker gets married......(that bitch is just going to destroy his collectables one day and demand to be taken care of, meanwhile she quits her job without warning and pumps her parents up for what a piece of shit peter is)

There were two covers....this one is A, and one with spiderman on the cover with his enemies behind him was cover B.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Comic Book collectors thread-amazspdrman-annual-21.jpeg  
    Last edited by Diary of a Mad-man; 07-11-2008 at 09:27 AM.

Last one ill list, JUST IN CASE THIS WAS A HORRIBLE THREAD IDEA, is Mad MAgazine #8 from the 50's. I think '53.

Not everyone knows it used to be in comic form. Also, EC publishing is the company that made Tales From the Crypt, which was also a comic from the 50's.

Only problem is, mine is the most destroyed, new staples holding together like a One-eyed-willy treasure map, p.o.s. on the planet. It would be worht $2000 in mint. Mine, is worth about $35.

anyone have any good shit? (you dont have to post pics like I did, but you can find them easy if you google "comic price guide")
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Comic Book collectors thread-mad.jpeg  
    Last edited by Diary of a Mad-man; 07-11-2008 at 09:47 AM.

Thread Information