pump.joe is offline Associate Member

Question Biker wave from 4-wheeled vehicles?

So I was riding my motorcycle home from work today and I got the biker salute from some dude in a jeep. Now I normally do wave to, nod at, or otherwise acknowledge other motorcyclists, but in three years of riding, this is the first time someone in a car did it to me.

My question to all you guys (and gals) out there who ride in the States... does this happen to you? I mean, I don't mind saying hello, but I don't want to be saluting everyone like I'm in some fvcking parade.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pump.joe View Post
    So I was riding my motorcycle home from work today and I got the biker salute from some dude in a jeep. Now I normally do wave to, nod at, or otherwise acknowledge other motorcyclists, but in three years of riding, this is the first time someone in a car did it to me.

My question to all you guys (and gals) out there who ride in the States... does this happen to you? I mean, I don't mind saying hello, but I don't want to be saluting everyone like I'm in some fvcking parade.
    and ride away.

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    I ride a sportbike and usually wave to others riding sportbikes. I'll wave to cruisers if they initiate. Cars... no.

And by wave i mean stick a couple fingers off the handle bar, not swing my arm all over the place.

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    Hahaha I only acknowledge other Harley riders, maybe an occasional Metric cruiser. Most times its the "low hand gesture". When my ol lady rides on the back, its her job to do that. Back in the day we just head nodded other bikers, and if you didn't wear colors you got dissed. On occasion someone in a car shoots me the thumbs up and I'll just smile or some shiit like that. But I absolutely DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE COPS ON HARlEYS! They don't either, its kind of a mutual disrespect. AS far as everybody else in cages they can go fukk themselves.

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    i have cought my self do it twice, and it was after primarily riding my bike i would get in and be going down the fourlane and pass a bike and low throw the hand and think to my self what a douce bag your in a fckin car now. so tards like me do make mistakes haha

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i only wave at bikers. not sport bikers but harleys or customs. i have a custom that i built and i guess its just a "biker" thing or maybe im an a-hole

g0dsend is offline Member
    When I owned a hummer, all the hummers would do a hummer wave. Sometimes when I take my other car I wave the hummers by accident, they prob think iam a retard.

hijack what kind of bike you build warchild?

a wcc chopper. do you ride?

yeah had to sell my bike coulple years ago, saving to build my own these days but need a shop to do it in first. I want to build a custom but im starting to think its going to cost me about 20 to do it and that blows lol

yea i spent 25k and built in my dads garage. theres no substitute. what did you used to ride?

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Im too lazy to read all the posts... He probably rides as well!!

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F4iDom View Post
    I ride a sportbike and usually wave to others riding sportbikes. I'll wave to cruisers if they initiate. Cars... no.

Do the same.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    Fvcking Harley hate sport bike guys.

They never acknowledge sport bike rides. So no i will not acknowledge them.

For the most part other bikers i just nod

use to ride a intercepter, but it was cheap and a bike, i want to build a bike but its just going to be a few years until i can afford to drop 20k on one. i want one to tide me over but i know what i want and wont really be happy till i get it lol

thats how i was, took 6 years to get one because of the money

yeah it will take me 6 or more im sure, i just want to be on the road so damn bad right now and there really isnt anything i would want to ride/spend money on besides a custom or a custom harley lol i could swing something for about 5k but thats not going to buy anything im going to be happy with i dont think lol

my buddy bought a big dog chopper for 13k its an 06 real clean, they are cheap right now

batlin is offline Associate Member
    Well.. Us Jeep guys (wranglers... not those pvssy liberties) do what is called the Jeep wave.. been done by us for year and years and years... ever since the beginnings of the jeep.. steams from trails... you know a true jeep driver from a socker mom/dad by if they wave or not....

the fact that Hummer people do it.. makes me fvcking sick

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    maybe he thought he knew you???

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    I wave if I'm on two wheels and you are too. Scooters, Harleys, sportbikes; we all wipe out on the same hard, gritty asphalt. If some Harley douche doesn't wave back- well, he's a douche. More than half of them are so new to motorcycles the bottom of their boots are still clean, anyway.

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    I wave to everyone. I started riding back when Vespa's looked like Vespa's. Now I catch myself waving at scooters cause they look like bikes from the distance, oo the shame.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    When I had a bike, I'd always nod to other bikers. Sometimes if someone in a car would give the biker wave I would give them the stink-eye.

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    WTF? Keep your hands on the handlebars.

Voice of Reason is offline Senior Member
    I wave to other Geo Metro drivers we're like an underground gang. Nobody fvcks with us.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member

just a nod or pick up a finger...you still will look cool

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    why wouldn't you guys wave to anyone that waved at you???

I wave to anyone on a bike or if a car/truck/semi/jeep waved, i would wave right back regardless..... who cares what they are driving or riding. I'd wave to someone walking if they did me. You guys need to keep cool on the Test..

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    I wave to cruiser guys...not the sport bike kids...I don't want to make them think they belong :P Now that i think of it...i kinda want to give them another signal for making my insurance go up with there recklace driving and tailgating / wheely doing selves.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    my father owns 3 harleys and 2 sportbikes. also he owns 2 jeeps that are jacked up for offroad use. so when we would go by a harley (in the a jeep), he would wave to show that he rides also. plus he had harley davidson bumper stickers so i guess you could tell he did. so maybe the guy who waved, also has a passion for riding so he wanted to show that by waving a brotherly greeting to you.

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    Quote Originally Posted by rockinred View Post

I wave to anyone on a bike or if a car/truck/semi/jeep waved, i would wave right back regardless..... who cares what they are driving or riding. I'd wave to someone walking if they did me. You guys need to keep cool on the Test..
    I am the same as you bro... I'll wave to anyone who is being nice...

^^^ agree like the boating commercials lol were everyone waves at everyone those are great...

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~

he is either a biker himself, or likes your bike, it was a compliment.. wave back.. but not this one..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
    I wave to cruiser guys...not the sport bike kids...I don't want to make them think they belong :P Now that i think of it...i kinda want to give them another signal for making my insurance go up with there recklace driving and tailgating / wheely doing selves.
    really?
    I only pay like $200 a year and it's usually dependant on what type of bike you ride and your record as a driver. Unless you finance it and need to put full coverage insurance is pretty cheap, my taxes are more than liability coverage.

pump.joe is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockinred View Post

I did nod at him, 'Red. I was just taken aback at this guy in the jeep throwing me the low wave from way down the road. Do you get that, too?

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnstHatAngst View Post
    I wave if I'm on two wheels and you are too. Scooters, Harleys, sportbikes; we all wipe out on the same hard, gritty asphalt. If some Harley douche doesn't wave back- well, he's a douche. More than half of them are so new to motorcycles the bottom of their boots are still clean, anyway.
    I've been called worse, wanna check MY boots? lol

tadpoleboyy is offline Member
    ive done the biker wave to a few random bikers from my car, just to confuse them. Never rode a bike in my life.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I did nod at him, 'Red. I was just taken aback at this guy in the jeep throwing me the low wave from way down the road. Do you get that, too?

Joe, don't think I have gotten that one... but I own a jeep too and I was so use to waving at bikes riding by me while on my bike that I caught myself doing it a few times to bikes when I first bought my jeep with the top off... IDK, for me it is a happy comraderie thing I guess... sharing the open road with a toy of some sort or maybe just because of the top and being out in the open. Maybe I waved to one of you guys who in turn flipped me the bird...lol.

LOL... I wave to people to express how I feel, I don't expect a wave back..... sometimes people do and sometimes don't... it doesn't bother me either way, I made my statement to them about how I felt on that day.

RJstrong is offline Senior Member
    I wave to other cruisers when I'm on my chopper... I wave to other sportbikes when on my r1... I wave to other vettes when driving my vette. I didn't realize until now that I was in so many different gangs...

Thread Information