Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    N*E*R*D is offline Banned

My job-Im getting stitched up- Advice needed

I was working for a contract company that is contracted to work in a high school, I was sacked by the contract company two years ago and on the day i was sacked i was offered a job by the buildings manager from the high school but he wanted me to start straight away but due to his budget and also the time frame for a criminal record check it was unviable so he asked the contract company to keep me on their payroll system until he can sort it out and they agreed as they didnt want to upset him as he is the man who employs thier company at his school, two years down the line and i was pulled into a meeting today and told that i am not a school employee and that i still actually work for the contract company (I have proof i was sacked by the contract company) and that i was never an employee of the school and if i thought differerent i was misguided and do i have a contract to prove im an employee of the school? (The answer is no, as i was never given one and it was more of a gentlemans agreement) The only proof i do have is the employees who will back me up and say that yes i was an employee of the school and that they have been told that and introduced to me as an employee of the school, i am going for a meeting with the headmaster tomorrow who knows absolutely nothing of the situation and also he thinks i still work for the contract company, What can i do to prove i was offered a position there? What other advice can you give me? I am showing him proof i was sacked by my contract company so who did i work for then if i didnt work for them, so obviously it must be the school?, who else have i been working for then.
    The reason this has come about is that the manager wants rid of me and knows i will not go back to the contract company that treated me badly, can they reinstate me if they sacked me? Even if i did or didnt agree to it?

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    who was paying you for the last 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    who was paying you for the last 2 years?

The school paid the contracting company who then inturn paid me, i have proof of this from the finance manager.

and u were not the employee of the contract company? they were still paying you...right

Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    and u were not the employee of the contract company? they were still paying you...right
    Right, because the school asked them to, then the school paid them plus an admin fee

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    I'm sure the school has their own payroll, why would they need the contract company to do it? and why would the contract company want you on their books? If you got injured on the job or something it could be a liablity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    I'm sure the school has their own payroll, why would they need the contract company to do it? and why would the contract company want you on their books? If you got injured on the job or something it could be a liablity.
    They do have their own payroll but they cannot put me on their payroll they said until my criminal record check comes through as i work with kids , (I know this is true thats why i took it at face value), the contract company accepted it because they did not want to upset the man who reviews their contract every six months and decides if they have the contract for the next six months as its a lucrative contract, so they did it as a favour

mex83 is offline " I Can Make Your Days And Nights Look Like Fantasy "
    Blog Entries
    This is confusing lol.... So you worked for the contract company and they paid you right? then there you go you are a worker of the contracting company not the school. I dont think schools will hire someone directly to work for them as a contractor that would be done through the District of the school. The school doesnt have authority to hire someone directly. At least thats how it is over here in California.

Quote Originally Posted by mex83 View Post
    This is confusing lol.... So you worked for the contract company and they paid you right? then there you go you are a worker of the contracting company not the school. I dont think schools will hire someone directly to work for them as a contractor that would be done through the District of the school. The school doesnt have authority to hire someone directly. At least thats how it is over here in California.
    I live in the uk and the school can directly employ me, so the contract company paid me but the school paid them for my services, i reported to the school bosses as my bosses for the last two years and done work as requested by them, ive had nothing to do with the contracting company since i left and i was sacked by the contract company and i never re applied for a job with them

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jokers99 View Post
    I live in the uk and the school can directly employ me, so the contract company paid me but the school paid them for my services, i reported to the school bosses as my bosses for the last two years and done work as requested by them, ive had nothing to do with the contracting company since i left and i was sacked by the contract company and i never re applied for a job with them
    Ok now that makes sense lol.... its the UK lol..... damn that sucks man I say on both of them lol..... and then maybe that way they will get there shit together and make up there damn minds.

Ok now that makes sense lol.... its the UK lol..... damn that sucks man I say on both of them lol..... and then maybe that way they will get there shit together and make up there damn minds.
    No theyve made their minds up , surely i have rights due to be given the job verbally, will a verbal agreement stand up in court?

Skully44420 is offline "A Work in Progress"
    nope usually a verbal agreement won't stand up in court...they like to have written documents as evidence...sucks man

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    a verbal agreement stands if they admit to it...did you offer him the job? "nope don't know what he's talking about." see the problem.

well yeah if they agree to it it'll stand for sure...but the problem is them not admitting to it...just remember this as a lesson to get signed documents in the future

Blog Entries
    Sadly my friend you are ASSED OUT!!! At least you had an income coming in for 2 years... hope you put some of that money into your savings.

Why do you want to take them to court ? why dont you just move on and get another job? after all they treated you well and paid you for two years if not Im sure you wouldn't of stayed there for that long.

Just take it as a learning expenience and never trust anyone's word and more when it comes to something as important as a job. Always ask for a writing agrrement.

Sadly my friend you are ASSED OUT!!! At least you had an income coming in for 2 years... hope you put some of that money into your savings.

Why do you want to take them to court ? why dont you just move on and get another job? after all they treated you well and paid you for two years if not Im sure you wouldn't of stayed there for that long.

Just take it as a learning expenience and never trust anyone's word and more when it comes to something as important as a job. Always ask for a writing agrrement.
    No they treated me like shit, why should i just walk away for this asshole? im going nowhere.

Blog Entries
    No they treated me like shit, why should i just walk away for this asshole? im going nowhere.
    they treated you like shit and you lasted 2 years there damn.... whats wrong with you I would of smelled the coffee a long time ago and I would of left.... but hat is just me sooooo lol.....

Still sorry to hear this bud.... next time ask for someting in writing....

Make sure that the employee's do stick with you on this one and that they have been there for some time.

they treated you like shit and you lasted 2 years there damn.... whats wrong with you I would of smelled the coffee a long time ago and I would of left.... but hat is just me sooooo lol.....

Still sorry to hear this bud.... next time ask for someting in writing....

Make sure that the employee's do stick with you on this one and that they have been there for some time.
    The hours suited me, and it was close to home

I have 4 employees who will stand with me and say yes he was offered the job and has been doing it for 2 years

well if you think you have a chance stick with it...how long have the other employees been employed?

Quote Originally Posted by Skully44420 View Post
    well if you think you have a chance stick with it...how long have the other employees been employed?
    2 of them 3-5 years and both of them are senior supervisors, and one 3 years, normal worker, and one 10 years, senior supervisor

Blog Entries
    2 of them 3-5 years and two of them are senior supervisors, and one 3 years normal worker, and one 10 years senior supervisor
    Ok then that should be an ok, but I am sure that the judge is still going to give you a mouthfull for accepting a verbal agreement and not a written agreement.... We are not longer back in the days where we traded cattle and stuff like that.... you need to get your bases covered.

No advice for my meeting tomorrow guys?

Blog Entries
    I got no advise for you man... its a though one but I do wish you luck.

Ta bro

bump

Well i had the meeting today, and they clarified my position, and it seems i am known as a 'casual worker' whatever that means, so as ive been a casual worker for so long they have to offer me a ful lcontract. So it seems things have worked out, thanks for the advice guys.

Well i had the meeting today, and they clarified my position, and it seems i am known as a 'casual worker' whatever that means, so as ive been a casual worker for so long they have to offer me a ful lcontract. So it seems things have worked out, thanks for the advice guys.
    Glad it worked out for ya

wilson9d is offline Senior Member
    why can you work for the contract company with no background check? scary.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson9d View Post
    why can you work for the contract company with no background check? scary.
    because there tight wads who dont want to pay the £35

Blog Entries
    Glad it worked out man.....

cheers guys

Thread Information