BigBrad330 is offline Associate Member

Raw food diet for dogs

Does anyone have their dog on a raw food diet? I've been reading into it and want to start mine on it. For people who do use it, post up some daily samples. I'm interested in learning about it and want to figure out a daily meal plan. Thanks

Red Monster is offline Associate Member
    I tried that for a while and you need to feed your dog a *shitload* of food, especially while they're growing, like as much as you feed yourself.

She was skinny as **** until I put her on traditional dog food.

bd50 is offline Associate Member
    i have my american bulldog on a mix of dry kibble and raw beef, from here: www.naturesvariety.com

they have beef chunks, and burger-shaped patties.

he has skin allergies, so i was directed to this company by other bulldog owners, and it has been awesome for my pooch.

he does not scratch anymore like he used to before,,, and he actually shits alot less with the raw meat. i guess they absorb more of it, unlike the dry food which is made with lots of "fillers".

so i feed him 2x per day,,, morning i give him a whole beef patty,, and at night i give him 2 cups of wellness brand dry food, which they also have high reviews.
    Last edited by bd50; 07-30-2008 at 11:54 PM.

bd50 is offline Associate Member
    btw, i thought he would get the shiits when i added the raw meat diet,, but he did not. like i said he just craps 2x per day now (after meals) as opposed to 3-4x per day before the raw meat when he was eating 4 cups dry food daily.

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    I feed raw to my dogs, and would not have it any other way. Dogs don't need carbs in there diet, period... Most kibble is garbage, that is filled with absolute waste!!.. Although natures variety kibble is pretty good. I feed the premade raw from nature's variety, and my dogs coat is smooth, they are all lean and ripped, and there teeth are pearly white. Most vets won't approve of it, mostly cause they are not required to learn about nutrition in vet school, and mainly cause big kibble company's endorse them. PM me and I can help ya out, because there are several ways to feed raw, and it requires some research..

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    Doge have been to domesticated over the years to be on a total raw food diet.

Kman is right dogs dont needs carbs just proteins and fats. If you look at all teh high line dog foods that is all they have with vitimens and shit.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I have a beatiful renasance bulldog who is 10 months old. I started him on raw for awhile, but he did come down with the shits so I stopped. He's on his Iams for large breed puppy chow for 2 more months before I start raw again.

I was using primarly chicken quarters mixed in with his kibble. You can put some plain yougurt in to help settle their stomach as well.

The benifits seem to be worth it. Chicken quarters are cheap, turkey necks, basically all the scraps from the butcher. I would give him some of my brown rice in his food as well.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    IMO dogs should be on a normal dog food diet ( ill stick to IAMS)

the only way that i would do the raw meat diet for my dog would be if he was on the juice (there was a thread about it a while back)...

and besides table scraps of meat is a lil treat....

Thread Information