Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore

Americas best and worst Fast Food/Restaurants Rated

Came across an article that rated fast food joints and sit down restaurants on the availabilty of healthy choices on their menus. Since I know we are all watching our meals. Figured I would share.

"A" Restaurants

Fast-Food Restaurants

A+ Chick-Fil-A
    Not a single sandwich breaks the 500-calorie barrier, a feat unmatched in the fast-food world.

A Subway
    An impressive selection of 6-inch sandwiches with less than 400 calories each earns Jared's joint a second-place finish.

A- Boston Market
    Its expansive menu of healthy sides and nutritionally reasonable three-piece chicken meals gives diners plenty of choices.

Sit-Down Restuarants

A- Bob Evans
    A massive menu of reasonable egg dishes and extensive sides ranging from broccoli to applesauce boosts Bob to the top spot.

"B" Restaurants

Fast-Food Restaurants

B+ Taco Bell
    It's okay to "make a run for the border," as long as you limit yourself to just two tacos or a single burrito.

B Wendy's
    Although calorically comparable to McDonald's, Wendy's edges out the Arches with less trans fat and a range of healthy sides.

B- McDonald's
    Burgers are reasonable, but others, like pancake platters, send McDonald's numbers soaring.

Sit-Down Restuarants

B+ Fazoli's
    Pasta portions are thankfully restrained and can be topped with chicken, broccoli, and tomatoes, or garlic shrimp.

B Denny's
    Abysmal burgers and the carb-loaded Grand Slams are offset by a range of lighter alternatives on the Fit Fare menu.

B- Ruby Tuesday
    Most of the burgers hover around the 1,000-calorie mark, but seafood and chicken options offer a shot at redemption.

"C" Restaurants

Fast-Food Restaurants

C+ KFC
    It's hard to have "fried" in your name and still make a decent grade. To halve calories, order your chicken without skin.

C Arby's
    The array of sandwiches suffers from an abundance of creamy dressings, spreads, and melted cheese sauce.

C- Burger King
    Thousand-calorie-plus burgers like the Quad Stacker give this chain a below-average score.

C- Domino's
    Two slices of any Feast pizza contain from 460 (thin-crust vegetable) to 880 calories (MeatZZa, deep dish).

Sit-Down Restuarants

C- Chili's
    Monster burgers and 2,000-calorie starters hurt. Order from the Guiltless Grill menu to keep your calorie intake u

"D" Restaurants

Fast-Food Restaurants

D Panera
    Healthy sides, whole grains, and free Wi-Fi can't offset oversized, calorie-loaded salads and sandwiches.

D- Pizza Hut
    Massive pasta portions are nearly 1,000 calories, while personal pan pizzas average 660 calories.

Sit-Down Restuarants

D P.F. Chang's
    Most entrées begin in a wok with a puddle of oil and a scoop of sugar- and salt-laden sauce. Hunt for steamed options

"F" Restaurants

Sit-Down Restaurants

F Macaroni Grill
    Even lunch portions and salads have more than 1,000 calories. Either split a pasta or order the 330-calorie Pollo Magro.

Minimum Disclosure
    Sure, Macaroni Grill earns its F with a menu full of 1,500-calorie pastas, but at least it provides nutritional information to its customers. We contacted the following restaurants and asked them to give up their full nutritional numbers, but all 15 refused.

Applebee's, Bonefish Grill, California Pizza Kitchen, Chipotle, Cracker Barrel, Fuddruckers, Hooters, IHOP, Maggiano's Little Italy, Olive Garden, Outback, Perkins, Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, T.G.I. Friday's

NOTE: We were able to obtain nutritional data for some dishes from the Center for Science in the Public Interest and CalorieKing.com.

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    is this based on calories, food quality or what factors?

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    yea i dont know. i lost the link. i was going to post more. let me google that shit again. lol.

Thread Information