bbminded is offline Member

IFBB Contracts ????

Does anyone know or heard what any of the pros make$ with the contracts they sign with supplement companies. and also when they do guest posing on the weekends what kinda money do they make as well. Its obvious, unless your the top pro like jay is still the money he wins as an olympian is only i think 150,000.00 so what kinda money do these guys make to be able to not have to work and just be a bodybuilder. thanks

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    Bro,This is a anabolic Q and A forum...didnt see the question related so this will be moved...

jstraw428 is offline Anabolic Member
    A lot of them own supp companies, or personal training studios......They also pose for magazines and guest apperances......Ronnie coleman signed the biggest bodybuilding contract with BSN a couple of years ago.....It rivaled that of some basketball, football, or baseball contracts....

yea i heard Cutler just signed the biggest one recently with muscletech. id be curious to know what it is lol

It seems then that bodybuilding as a pro these days has better rewards then in the past!

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    i don't know about you, but i consider 150k from one event enough to last a year. let alone all the other smaller events AND endorsements. but after their time in the spotlight is over they probably get real jobs. i doubt BB has a good pension plan lol

cutler also owns a supplement store, an his training camps for fans.....Mark dougdale, owns a fresh produce company or something along that lines...

Quote Originally Posted by jstraw428 View Post
    cutler also owns a supplement store, an his training camps for fans.....Mark dougdale, owns a fresh produce company or something along that lines...
    That is true your right i think its called max fitness maybe(cutlers store) and i just read about his camp actually.

But what about some of the other pros heath, melvin, branch etc you think there supp contracts are in the 100thousand dollar range a year?

probably not many of them. but still, people can live off less that a 100k. if he just supports himself, and doesn't try to live lavishly, they still probably make ENOUGH.

Well heath probably has a pretty hefty contract, especially for someone who just entered the pros a few years ago.....He is incredible, and "the GIFT" will only get better in time......Shit, he has already been on the cover of flex like 3 times...

Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    probably not many of them. but still, people can live off less that a 100k. if he just supports himself, and doesn't try to live lavishly, they still probably make ENOUGH.
    im sure all that HGH adds up fast though LOL

Well heath probably has a pretty hefty contract, especially for someone who just entered the pros a few years ago.....He is incredible, and "the GIFT" will only get better in time......Shit, he has already been on the cover of flex like 3 times...
    who is heath with?? never see him in ads in magazines

I wouldnt care what possesions i would have, if i could just train all day, every day.....I would be a happy man.....

I want to say he went with muscletech, but they will always use cutler or branch to be in those ads.....

I want to say he went with muscletech, but they will always use cutler or branch to be in those ads.....
    i thought he was with the company frank sepe was with. having a brain fart

yeah lol hgh would take a chunk out of it.

jstraw, you really don't think that would get old? such a spartan lifestyle? don't get me wrong, i love working out and lifting, but only for those 10-15 hours a week. i would rather have my bmw than a free gym membership for life...

I am not talkin about training all day long, but i would love for my only focus to be on bodybuilding and all the aspects that go along with that........Right now, i try to live the bodybuilding lifestyle and work 55 hours a week.....What an i say, i love it......

I am not talkin about training all day long, but i would love for my only focus to be on bodybuilding and all the aspects that go along with that........Right now, i try to live the bodybuilding lifestyle and work 55 hours a week.....What an i say, i love it......
    i agree it would be awesome to get to work out and get paid for it. hell yea!!!!!!!

joe2009 is offline Associate Member
    in flex wheelers book he says he was earning about 60k for a weekend guess posin and seminar, dont know if that was year round or wat, also ronnie coleman apparently earns or at least earned 1mill a year through endorsments and comps ect

Quote Originally Posted by joe2009 View Post
    in flex wheelers book he says he was earning about 60k for a weekend guess posin and seminar, dont know if that was year round or wat, also ronnie coleman apparently earns or at least earned 1mill a year through endorsments and comps ect
    wow 60k for a weekend ok going to work out now LOL

I am surprised they have not moved this to the lounge yet......

but thats the top pros hu are prepared to travel, i am sure jay can earn that and a few others but the majority of the guys will most likely jus do local shows and earn next to nothing

at 60k an appearance, i would emerge from my cave twice a year.......

60k a weekend? idk about that, thats 3 million a year...

alright jstraw i gotcha. yeah if i could just lift and make the same as i would at a job (when i work) that would be sweet.

I am surprised they have not moved this to the lounge yet......
    probably in the process of movin it now

forget about the price of gear, what about the price of food......I am only 210lbs, and i am spending 550 a month on food.....i take in about 3400 cals per day, imagine what cutlers food bill is considering he takes in 7000-10000cal a day....

maybe move the pro bodybuilders

yea the food and drugs plus all the medical bills(chiro, massages, trainers etc) that sh1t aint cheap either

but i tell you what, i wouldnt trade how i look now, for a beer gut and a really nice car.....I like to look awesome naked.......

lol thats true ^^ the beer gut isn't a good look

neither is a roid belly LOL JK

lol thats a little more exclusive look at least. $550 a month on food is no joke! damn.. my families is only like 1200 for 4 of us haha..

Got a reply on another board they heard muscletech contracts range from $35,000.00 to $350,000.00

Mbuffguy is offline Banned
    phil ain't shit dennis wolf is way better !!!! he's olny on the cover cause he's a weilder athlete the MD bbs are way better kia vic dennis branch

Quote Originally Posted by bbminded View Post
    Got a reply on another board they heard muscletech contracts range from $35,000.00 to $350,000.00
    thats not too bad. but for the biggest names in the sport to only be bringing in around 500k-1m a year means the smaller names are probably less than most normal peoples salaries

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbuffguy View Post
    phil ain't shit dennis wolf is way better !!!! he's olny on the cover cause he's a weilder athlete the MD bbs are way better kia vic dennis branch
    i wouldnt count out phil heath. i think he has the potential to be an olympia winner.

alot of you guys are sayin u would love to just train all day and earn that kinda money, but imagine the pressure you would be under if your body was your income, knowin that if u get a bad injury it could all end, must be kinda scary

Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    i wouldnt count out phil heath. i think he has the potential to be an olympia winner.
    i think phil is much better than wolf, but then again i havnt seen any shots of wolf since the fibo

dedic8ed1 is offline Banned
    That was his fathers buisness,and then he made Mark a partner.

Thread Information