Thread: I'm Back...

D-Unit 39 is offline Member

I'm Back...

Hey all,

Haven't been on here in a couple months. I recently moved for work to a small town and hadn't had internet here. (Only at work, but don't want to surf this site at work for obvious reasons.)

Anyway, trying to figure out what I should do since there isn't a decent gym within 35 miles of me. I was about ready to start my first serious cycle when I moved but I wanted to wait and see that I wouldn't be overwhelmed with the move and that I wouldn't fall out of my routine. That was a good call as I totally screwed up my workout routine and diet partially due to lack of facilities and partially due to being busy with the move, new job, etc.

I'm ready to get back into a solid routine, but the only thing I have to work out on nearby is one of those cheesy multi-station gym sets at my office. Actually, it's a pretty damned good one... the best I've ever seen... but still going to be tough to achieve my goals without freeweights. Maybe I can work out at the office 3 days a week and drive the 30 miles to the real gym a couple days a week... Anyone here work out with strictly machines and have any luck?

I'm really bummed about this situation and want to get back to where I was before I moved here. I've lost alot in the last 3 months just due to poor eating and not being able to lift more than once a week.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Why dont you buy some free weights and a bench and put them at home. Wont cost u that much and you can do that in combination with the station at work

D-Unit 39 is offline Member
    Not a bad idea... I just assumed they would be way out of my price range.

I guess considering the cost of gas it would be cheaper in the long run than driving 30 miles twice a week

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Unit 39 View Post
    Not a bad idea... I just assumed they would be way out of my price range.

I guess considering the cost of gas it would be cheaper in the long run than driving 30 miles twice a week
    Plus the gym membership

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Unit 39 View Post
    Hey all,

Haven't been on here in a couple months. I recently moved for work to a small town and hadn't had internet here. (Only at work, but don't want to surf this site at work for obvious reasons.)

Anyway, trying to figure out what I should do since there isn't a decent gym within 35 miles of me. I was about ready to start my first serious cycle when I moved but I wanted to wait and see that I wouldn't be overwhelmed with the move and that I wouldn't fall out of my routine. That was a good call as I totally screwed up my workout routine and diet partially due to lack of facilities and partially due to being busy with the move, new job, etc.

I'm ready to get back into a solid routine, but the only thing I have to work out on nearby is one of those cheesy multi-station gym sets at my office. Actually, it's a pretty damned good one... the best I've ever seen... but still going to be tough to achieve my goals without freeweights. Maybe I can work out at the office 3 days a week and drive the 30 miles to the real gym a couple days a week... Anyone here work out with strictly machines and have any luck?

I'm really bummed about this situation and want to get back to where I was before I moved here. I've lost alot in the last 3 months just due to poor eating and not being able to lift more than once a week.

Change the sex on your avatar and it'll be perfect

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Change the sex on your avatar and it'll be perfect
    Yours is bad enough. We don't need another.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Welcome back, who are you? I personally dont have a problem with machines, but i do have problems with people who do have problems with machines. Its like: Oh this has more metal attached to it, so its gonna workout my muscle more/less, thats complete bullshit. Also, you can make free weights for free out of anything: Desk, table, 10lb whey containers filled with concrete/water.

Thread Information