40plusnewbie is offline Senior Member

Any suggestions for a relatively cheap lockable container?

I could buy a safe but don't really need one. I'm just looking for a container that is built in such a way that it has holes so you can put a padlock on it to keep it locked. Something to put my medication, supplements, etc in. Something around 1ft. by 1ft by 1ft. Something to keep the little kids out of and consolodate my stuff to keep it away from the wife and to keep her from complaining about different supps lying around in different drawers, etc.

I want something around the dimentions mentioned or maybe a little bigger, definitely not foot locker size. Some stuff I buy in bulk (for example 1 lb. of milk thistle) and intend to break them down and put portions in canning jars along with dissicant packs and O2 removal packs to maximize freshness and to maintain potency of the substances. And something that light will not get into.

I have not even the most basic handyman skills so really can't/wont try to make anything.

I'm also looking for a few smaller containers, possibly leather pouches or something with a couple zipper thingies so I can put stuff in there and put baby padlocks on those and keep them within the larger lockbox.

Any suggestions for both or either? I could buy a cheap safe but don't want to draw the extra attn from the wife about 'what's in the SAFE?'. If it's a non safe like safe she will not be concerned about what's in it. And the lock is to keep the little kiddie relatives from getting access to medicine, etc.

Suggestions?

BritishColumbian is offline Senior Member
    My friend, you need to go to a spy shop, they have one in my town called spy vs spy, they have everything you just mentioned and then some, I have a wd-40 can thats really just a stash for gear and what not, small strong boxes, wireless web cams the size of a pen lid, lots of neat toys...

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 40plusnewbie View Post
    I could buy a safe but don't really need one. I'm just looking for a container that is built in such a way that it has holes so you can put a padlock on it to keep it locked. Something to put my medication, supplements, etc in. Something around 1ft. by 1ft by 1ft. Something to keep the little kids out of and consolodate my stuff to keep it away from the wife and to keep her from complaining about different supps lying around in different drawers, etc.

I want something around the dimentions mentioned or maybe a little bigger, definitely not foot locker size. Some stuff I buy in bulk (for example 1 lb. of milk thistle) and intend to break them down and put portions in canning jars along with dissicant packs and O2 removal packs to maximize freshness and to maintain potency of the substances. And something that light will not get into.

I have not even the most basic handyman skills so really can't/wont try to make anything.

I'm also looking for a few smaller containers, possibly leather pouches or something with a couple zipper thingies so I can put stuff in there and put baby padlocks on those and keep them within the larger lockbox.

Any suggestions for both or either? I could buy a cheap safe but don't want to draw the extra attn from the wife about 'what's in the SAFE?'. If it's a non safe like safe she will not be concerned about what's in it. And the lock is to keep the little kiddie relatives from getting access to medicine, etc.

Suggestions?
    hahaha i went to walmart and got a lock box for 20 something, its prob one by one by 5 or so, not as big as your looking for but my shit fits

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Use a gun case. You have every reason to lock it and hide it, and the wifey won't look.

I really need something around this size:

http://www.staples.com/office/suppli...G1022:CL158853

I much prefer to pick up some plastic lockable file holder or something though for like 30 bucks instead of the $120. I can always buy a small waterproof/fireproof safe to keep important doc's like my marriage license, passport, etc, etc.

I am gonna do an interent search for a spy company to see if one is around here although I will have to be selective in what I buy if I find one. My wife is a neat freak and throws stuff away and is always concerned about things being 'in place' in the house. If I have random secret storage cans like raid or something she's liable to give them away to one of her sisters saying we don't need it to get it out of the house....

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    protable tool box.

thats what i use

they lock. they are tough. and usually have a few compartments and such.

Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    protable tool box.

thats what i use

they lock. they are tough. and usually have a few compartments and such.
    Thanks, that sounds like it will do the trick.

lcstriker07 is offline Associate Member
    tackle box if you fish bro.

Thread Information