MaNofSteeL is offline Associate Member

Pre-employment medical test! help.

Hey guys i got a job at the US consulate here in jeursalem as a security guard but only if i pass the medical test, i was there yesterday..
    I dont have any diseases, i dont do drugs or anything but when i was there my heart rate check was like 100bpm and blood pressure 110/90, i'm 22 and healthy male (as far as i know). I assume the heart rate thing is from all the smoking and the coffee i drink (A LOT) every morning before i eat and no exercise. Also the ECG test and nurse asked me if i can feel my fast heart beat ...
    My question is, will i NOT get the job if my heart rate is too fast? can they do that based on that alone? Doc said blood pressure 110/90 was OK but heart rate not normal. they did all kinds of test (blood, urine, xray, ecg,movement..etc..) i researched this and it says that normal ranges from 50-100bpm..i'm confused..
    Last edited by MaNofSteeL; 11-13-2008 at 10:50 AM.

ALSO i'm 230pounds havent worked out in a while but the Doc simply said that its not SUPPOSED to be that high??? wtf..and when i asked him y he said to visit my doctor! Also ECG results werent "normal" but thats the same as heart rate right?
    CAN they refuse to give me a job just because my heart rate is "too high"?! It's a security guard job and that wouldnt make sense would it? they also took x-rays..and if theres a problem it would appear right?
    I'm just so confused now...what should i do?

Cmon no one knows anything about this???? i REALLY need to know

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    bump ffs

Slin Ninja is offline Junior Member
    try going into your appt WITHOUT smoking a cig or drinkin coffee for at least 24 hours. oh and btw...50 to 100 bpm is a ridiculous range and should not be used for your reference. and your diastolic# is pretty damn high, 90? your systolic is generally okay to be up a bit, but the diastolic sounds like a problem. i can tell you now they are going to relate your bad diastolic number and your fast heartrate to have cardiovascular problems. yes it could get in the way of getting your job. that coffee and cigs will definitely mess with your results man...

Quote Originally Posted by Slin Ninja View Post
    try going into your appt WITHOUT smoking a cig or drinkin coffee for at least 24 hours. oh and btw...50 to 100 bpm is a ridiculous range and should not be used for your reference. and your diastolic# is pretty damn high, 90? your systolic is generally okay to be up a bit, but the diastolic sounds like a problem. i can tell you now they are going to relate your bad diastolic number and your fast heartrate to have cardiovascular problems. yes it could get in the way of getting your job. that coffee and cigs will definitely mess with your results man...
    Thanks for ur reply, but i already had the test and didnt know about the cigs/coffee thing..

Doc said that 90 d is OK, i researched it and normal range is 60-90.
    Dont they take into account that the fast rate could from from many things like anxiety, cigs, coffee, no exercises, weight...height..wtever?

How would this PREVENT me from being a security guard..i dont quite get it.

Also will they allow me to retake the test if i asked maybe?

Thanks.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Why the fvck would you want to be a security guard in, arguably, the most dangerous place on the planet ??? Nut bag Islamic suicide dickheads will more than likely get you way before any heart condition !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kale View Post
    Why the fvck would you want to be a security guard in, arguably, the most dangerous place on the planet ??? Nut bag Islamic suicide dickheads will more than likely get you way before any heart condition !!!!
    It's not as bad here as u see on TV bro.

gst528i is offline Senior Member
    Yea ^^^^^ they calmed down after obama won.... did you not see all the coffee mugs that are being sold on the street with obama and jordanian/ palestine/ all middle eastern country flags.....

Quote Originally Posted by gst528i View Post
    Yea ^^^^^ they calmed down after obama won.... did you not see all the coffee mugs that are being sold on the street with obama and jordanian/ palestine/ all middle eastern country flags.....
    Lol even before Obama bro, Jerusalem is MUCH safer than other areas and rarely any problems here.

Thread Information