J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member

Testonterone Patch for Women....thoughts?

So many young girls take birth control pills, and for extended periods of time. I know doctors do not recommend that girls take them for a very long period, but most do.

Do you guys and gals think that the low doses of estrogen could have an impact on a womans hormone levels perminatly?

A lot of us are injecting test at a much higher rate, and that in some of us, can significantly reduce our natural test levels for a long time, or even life. As far as I know, they don’t tapper off or have PCT for birth control, but it’s such a small dose of estrogen I’m not sure it would matter.

Could this have an effect on a girls testosterone levels ?

When you think about it, what are the signs of low testosterone levels in men or women? The symptoms match up SO close to those of depression, yet doctors are so quick to just write you a year script to lexapro and never even do a blood test.

Are you depressed because you have low testosterone levels? Or do you have low testosterone levels because of depression? It’s like what came first? The chicken or the egg right? So how do we solve this?

Now I’m a bias as hell, but I think antidepressants can be a bad solution for people in a relationship. If you are depressed, you are already lacking a desire to have sex. In men, this can cause sexual dysfunction, in women; they don’t feel “sexy” enough to want to have sex. A woman, who feels sexy, loves to have sex, but if she is depressed and feels fat, ugly, not good enough, she won’t enjoy sex.

I personally feel, that anyone guy, or girl who is being treated for depression, should get hormonal blood work done. I don’t think we should always listen to our doctors on these subjects either as it’s too easy for them to be influenced by pharmaceutical sales men.

My girl has had depression issues in the past, and she was just shocked I talked about a testosterone patch for a girl. The mental effects of testosterone have the same effect on men and women. We feel more confident, and in turn, that makes us feel more attractive and better about ourselves. I suggested to her, just get a blood test, they won’t give you a dose enough to grow a mustache, just enough to bring your levels to optimal, yet safe levels for a woman.

Would bringing up a girls testosterone levels, also raise her estrogen levels as well?

Thx for reading, just looking to converse on the subject

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree with most of what you are saying.. I believe that a healthy sex life is a very good indicator of overall good health, in mind and body. Very many people that are taking depression medication are lacking in hormones and treatment for hormone defects is much better that anti-depressivies.

The problem that can be faced with the medical field is when hormones are checked that they are often being checked for a person of your age. I am 44 and i do TRT, not because i was low on test for my age, but because i wanted my test levels i had in my early thirties. I feel great, i have a great sex life and overall feel good in myself.

An idea for your girl might be (dare i say) to have a look at Susan Summers book on hormones, (it might be easier for her to take advice from a women, IDK) i believe she talks about hormone replacement for women. I have not looked into the Fem side of this so can not say too much

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Older lifter View Post
    I agree with most of what you are saying.. I believe that a healthy sex life is a very good indicator of overall good health, in mind and body. Very many people that are taking depression medication are lacking in hormones and treatment for hormone defects is much better that anti-depressivies.

The problem that can be faced with the medical field is when hormones are checked that they are often being checked for a person of your age. I am 44 and i do TRT, not because i was low on test for my age, but because i wanted my test levels i had in my early thirties. I feel great, i have a great sex life and overall feel good in myself.

An idea for your girl might be (dare i say) to have a look at Susan Summers book on hormones, (it might be easier for her to take advice from a women, IDK) i believe she talks about hormone replacement for women. I have not looked into the Fem side of this so can not say too much

Right on bro,

Hard to find good information on testosterone "good" side effects because you are hammered with AS abuse stories instead.

From what I've found, they are using the testosterone patch for women in europe and women desribe the feels as they feel: young, sexy and attractive again.

Look on message boards or web pages that allow you to leave your comments and feedback on the experince and side effects of anti-depression medication then.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    HRT is actually way more mainstream for women than it is for men.

Thread Information