Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member

Friday night....at home....again

I can't drink (im on cycle) and even if I could I wouldn't because I care so much about my gains and having my diet (part OCD) perfect.

Ugh....sometimes I get depressed over this....can't wait for workout tomorrow.

Sometimes I wonder if this lifestyle is worth it, but then I see the progress and it eliminates everything, however there are still nights like this.

Zino is offline Associate Member
    I feel you, same here. Sometimes I don't know whether to be proud of myself for having such restraint and dedication or to call myself a loser. but yes, a quick walk over to the mirror and I realize sometimes its the right choice.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    friday night and i'm at home too, with my ex though so it's all cool

Yeah, but im in college so it makes me feel so much worse.

I mean, ugh I just got my food and im coming back to my place and all these girls are dressed ready to go out to the clubs and im here trying to rush and eat my food lol.

Seriously, sometimes I feel like Im missing out on life, and I already did do the whole "break from working out" a while back and it was the worst time of my life. Like it was great getting hammered and being with girls and shit then you look in the mirror and you see what your becoming.

Ugh just thinking bout it makes me cringe, I lost so much self-confidence and I sat in bed at night just thinking over and over like "**** I want to rip off my skin and just force the muscle to get bigger" and tell myself how stupid I was for letting myself even lose 5 pounds just so I could get drunk and dance with whores.

But im not going to lie that sounds pretty good right now hahaha

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Soldier View Post

I mean, ugh I just got my food and im coming back to my place and all these girls are dressed ready to go out to the clubs and im here trying to rush and eat my food lol.

Seriously, sometimes I feel like Im missing out on life, and I already did do the whole "break from working out" a while back and it was the worst time of my life. Like it was great getting hammered and being with girls and shit then you look in the mirror and you see what your becoming.

Ugh just thinking bout it makes me cringe, I lost so much self-confidence and I sat in bed at night just thinking over and over like "**** I want to rip off my skin and just force the muscle to get bigger" and tell myself how stupid I was for letting myself even lose 5 pounds just so I could get drunk and dance with whores.

understood bro, i'm in college too, but i party every saturday with friends and just dd and chill, it's kind of like my cheat for the week

Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    understood bro, i'm in college too, but i party every saturday with friends and just dd and chill, it's kind of like my cheat for the week
    I give you props bro, I feel like a tard if im at a club/bar sober as a nun in church.

I still go out, but I try to do like house parties and stuff where its much easier to meet people and you don't have HORDS of girls in ****ing groups talking to each other at the bar and im like "WTF you expect one guy to introduce himself to your lion pack?" like seriously dumb whores lol they wonder why no guys talk to them when they are in groups of 20 dancing with each other and that one drunk guy walks in who is beyond wasted and they blow him off.

lol

Sadly, my party/drug days were back in high school, I think thats what's helped me stay away from that stuff.

Seriously friends TRY TO CONVINCE me to do drugs when were not even on the f'ing topic, they offer for free and even throw incentives in there.

And im like "Bro I don't do that sh!t anymore, how many times do you I gotta tell you"

It's like being on an Island full of hot ass girls who all have a vaginal disease that kills you if you screw them.

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post

Phate your in TX we need to hookup so you can DD for me AHAH, its hard enough to find a good dd. Anywho Im sure youve done your partying, I keep into it but then again .. ill prob never be a pro cause of it

mx3
    mx3 is offline Senior Member

I feel your pain bro. I constantly think about how much i miss out on. my friends go skiing and go on road trips and party. I can't do any of those things cause I have to be around food at all times. Im sure I could actually get it done but it would be so difficult to do both that it would just ruin my good time anyways. Sometimes I get to go out with my friends but I can rarely drink (off cycle) cause im too worried about being hung over and not being able to eat or lifting less on monday cause I drank. and then im that weird guy at the bar whos the only person their thats not drinking. not to mention my libido is Fvcked cause of cycling so I dont really even have that to look forward to. but I do it cause im obsessed with trying to get bigger stronger more cut and look better then everybody else even though most girls find my size unattractive its still just a personal obsession and I do it day after day.

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer

Seriously, sometimes I feel like Im missing out on life

ugh, i understand completely where your coming from. I look outside and see all the girls around me all dressed up and going places, and i'm sitting here getting my food in and thinking about going to bed and reading, kinda like i'm in my 40s but i'm not lol.

def. feel the missing out on life concerns too. Sometimes i wonder who i'd be if i hadn't found bodybuilding.....sometimes even i wish i could go out and let myself **** the random retardedly hot chicks at this school....but i can't

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55 View Post
    ugh, i understand completely where your coming from. I look outside and see all the girls around me all dressed up and going places, and i'm sitting here getting my food in and thinking about going to bed and reading, kinda like i'm in my 40s but i'm not lol.

def. feel the missing out on life concerns too. Sometimes i wonder who i'd be if i hadn't found bodybuilding.....sometimes even i wish i could go out and let myself **** the random retardedly hot chicks at this school....but i can't
    Why can't you go out and screw the hot chicks at your school? What's stopping you?

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    pooooooooooooooooooo

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    you guys....if you are doing everything right 6.5-6.8 days out of the 7 in a week.....drinking a little in moderation is not going to kill you. going out on saturday night is not going to kill your gains. Do you guys really think that the guys with the elite level genetics are worrying about that shit? no

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04 View Post
    you guys....if you are doing everything right 6.5-6.8 days out of the 7 in a week.....drinking a little in moderation is not going to kill you. going out on saturday night is not going to kill your gains. Do you guys really think that the guys with the elite level genetics are worrying about that shit? no
    EXACTLY!! one night with a few drinks or a weekend ski trip with missing a meal or 2 isnt going to make a damn a difference in the long run. Enjoy life you live it once

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    EXACTLY!! one night with a few drinks or a weekend ski trip with missing a meal or 2 isnt going to make a damn a difference in the long run. Enjoy life you live it once
    yeah.....and one last thing......if this does make a difference in the long run. YOur genetics probably are not good enough for what you are trying to do. not to sound discouraging but be real.

I do things to the tee 6.5 days out the week.

mx3
    mx3 is offline Senior Member
    yeah.....and one last thing......if this does make a difference in the long run. YOur genetics probably are not good enough for what you are trying to do. not to sound discouraging but be real.

How do you know what were or I am trying to accomplish. I want to compete at 225 more if Im capable but thats my goal for now and I gaurantee you I will reach that goal Im not that far off already. seriously that is the dumbest laziest thing Ive heard in a while considering that you probably dont know most of the people on this board and you definately dont know me.

Quote Originally Posted by mx3 View Post
    How do you know what were or I am trying to accomplish. I want to compete at 225 more if Im capable but thats my goal for now and I gaurantee you I will reach that goal Im not that far off already. seriously that is the dumbest laziest thing Ive heard in a while considering that you probably dont know most of the people on this board and you definately dont know me.
    i'm glad his dumbass comment pissed someone else off too....who the hell is he to judge other people's ability to achieve their dreams....saying all our genetics will keep us from those dreams is complete bullshit, i'd prolly ban him for trying to bring people down like that. No one here needs that negativity.....go **** around in the pit on MD if you wanna do that crap

gst528i is offline Senior Member
    Just woke up from last night out with some guys. I gotta say i have been missing out on so much. I drank one sot of tequilla and one beer for which i felt alittle guilty.
    I think sometimes this is not worth it, until some girl start feeling the biceps or pecs ...
    l8r guys

yup houston

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    i was out last night, i don't feel guilty about it, i had some decent food when i got back in, and got a nice nights sleep. its not gonna kill you to go out, its not gonna make you shrink. it seems like you're taking a lot of this waaay too far. even if you go out just to get with a girl it doesn't mean you have to drink or anything bad will happen....

Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    i was out last night, i don't feel guilty about it, i had some decent food when i got back in, and got a nice nights sleep. its not gonna kill you to go out, its not gonna make you shrink. it seems like you're taking a lot of this waaay too far. even if you go out just to get with a girl it doesn't mean you have to drink or anything bad will happen....
    Im on cycle, so drinking on cycle is completely retarded.

Any other advice you want to get me? Edited before the gym? Or take sleeping pills with alcohol before bed?

Yeah? I guess when I first started working out and went from 130 to 172 in 4 months with about 25+ lbs of it being muscle (the rest glycogen and fat) completely naturally with no solid diet was just my horrible genetics right?

LOL im a little over 6'0 and have the metabolism of 4 people, I eat 4000+ calories a day and my bf% hovers around 10% even with me doing NO CARDIO.

My genetics suck.....lol

And I still go out, it's just I cut back and I don't wanna go to clubs and bars if I don't feel like it just to be a DD or talk to drunk broads.

I don't know what type of person you are, but I don't have sex with drunk girls when im COMPLETELY SOBER. I draw my limit.
    Last edited by Immortal Soldier; 01-17-2009 at 09:17 PM.

XD40 is offline Senior Member
    im home too man...not even on cycle but i will be nxt week so im just getn ready...i catch so much shit from my bros for not going out but then i just tell them if they go to the gym and hang with me then ill go drink with them.....but then they just say that im a roid freak and decide not to take the deal lol.....ohh well man...take a break for spring break and go have yourself a good time for a few days....just look forward to that...i am....panama city baby...

seriousmass is offline Banned
    Fvck I actually feel the exact same way. This is my first cycle, and I'm only a week in.. but I'm sitting at home by myself for the second night in a row.. BORED OUT OF MY MIND. lol. I promised myself I'd do this cycle perfectly, just to see my full potential. My own girlfriend will not even stay home on the weekend... what do sober people do on friday / saturday??? i actually don't know...

other then eat.. which is a given lol.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousmass View Post
    Fvck I actually feel the exact same way. This is my first cycle, and I'm only a week in.. but I'm sitting at home by myself for the second night in a row.. BORED OUT OF MY MIND. lol. I promised myself I'd do this cycle perfectly, just to see my full potential. My own girlfriend will not even stay home on the weekend... what do sober people do on friday / saturday??? i actually don't know...

other then eat.. which is a given lol.
    go to movies.....i dunno....why wont ur gf stay with you?

Well.. we have lived together for the past year. So I don't mind when she goes out without me. But more important, she doesn't know I'm on AAS yet... and I don't really know how to tell her... So I've kinda just been lying to her about why I can't go clubbing / drink ever. Anddd I can tell that it's annoying her, but whatever.. what can you do i guess..

Well.. we have lived together for the past year. So I don't mind when she goes out without me. But more important, she doesn't know I'm on AAS yet... and I don't really know how to tell her... So I've kinda just been lying to her about why I can't go clubbing / drink ever. Anddd I can tell that it's annoying her, but whatever.. what can you do i guess..
    well i'm awefully idealistic in this as anyone here will tell ya lol.....but honesty is the best policy. If it's a huge deal to her are you really gonna be able to deal with it anyway? might as well get it out in the open and on the level.....complicated of course i guess by the fact that you live with her actually....i don't mind if girls know, ones i trust anyway

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    It is a life you choose. I was like this at one time and I don't regret it. I think living that clean and healthy lifestyle really made me a better person. I had to really wrestle with telling myself no to certain things, but in the end I became very disciplined. Now I can't say no to anything.... Hell, I make excuses to why two BigMacs is a good thing.... They are only $2 right now ya know!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lifts-a-lot View Post
    It is a life you choose. I was like this at one time and I don't regret it. I think living that clean and healthy lifestyle really made me a better person. I had to really wrestle with telling myself no to certain things, but in the end I became very disciplined. Now I can't say no to anything.... Hell, I make excuses to why two BigMacs is a good thing.... They are only $2 right now ya know!
    hahahaha! Good point.

Ruhl: Ok... I agree with you. Especially because I love the girl like crazy. She's probably one of the best things that has happened to me. But at the same time, this is a girl who attended private school all her life, and saw a nug of cronic for the first time in her life when she was 19 years old!!! (I'm from BC... so needless to say, that's very rare here) lol. So yah.. I honestly don't know how she'd react to a Class III drug, like AAS...

That's cool that you know girls that you're comfortable sharing that info with. I haven't told a single person...

None of my friends know.

^^ How'd you tell your girl-friends by the way?! I figure my girlfriend will eventually just ask what the hell is going on when I pack on 20 pounds in 3 weeks LOL.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    My problem is that I party too much.

Im kinda glad school is starting back up, so I can get back in a solid routine and whatnot. This whole break has been party central. Fun? Yes indeed, but I just can't keep doing it.

Skully44420 is offline "A Work in Progress"
    my party days are way over...if i go out on the weekends its to go lift LOL

^^ How'd you tell your girl-friends by the way?! I figure my girlfriend will eventually just ask what the hell is going on when I pack on 20 pounds in 3 weeks LOL.
    hell my girl bought my 1st cycle and has injected me every time and shes a Registered Nurse so its like butta (helps that its Human Grade too) but i just sat her down and asked her what she thought and she opposed it for a few days but then she was kool with it when i xplained it to her...

they always ask.......i guess on me it must be obvious

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    I can't drink (im on cycle) and even if I could I wouldn't because I care so much about my gains and having my diet (part OCD) perfect.

Ugh....sometimes I get depressed over this....can't wait for workout tomorrow.

Sometimes I wonder if this lifestyle is worth it, but then I see the progress and it eliminates everything, however there are still nights like this.

Its not if its "worth it".
    Someone who goes clubbin every weekend NO its not worth it for them. (lifting) They have other ways of entertaining themselves, fill voids or w/e.
    For someone like you, that same person may want to go to the gym and get in shape and question whether or not their lifestyle is really "worth it".

So my take, is work out, and go out and have fun too every so often. The only ones who are really gonna have that issue are people who are so obsessed with one side of the spectrum, that their root causes may not be a result of dedication and persistence, but insecurity.

Its just my opinion, but if you do anything obsessive you're wasting time and missing out. Its not a balanced lifestyle, and there ARE other things you can and should be doing.

And if drinking once or twice a month is gonna ruin your gains (in your own mind) as much as you think, you may want to rework some things out in your head because anyone with that mindset isn't thinking realistically imo.

really?! lol your girlfriend sounds dope. I dunno, I kinda feel like if I mentioned it to her, it would be one of those things that like... ruins the relationship or whatever. Like I said, she's catholic and has never done a single drug in her life... I think it would almost shock her. haha. Oh, and asking mine to inject for me is a whole other issue, it'd NEVER happening lol.

sounds like you better keep it to yourself bro. oh well some things the ol lady shouldnt know!

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    As Bo pointed out previously, life is about balance in all areas. Letting the pendelum swing too far to one side is never a good idea. You must also consider what your goals are, as Gixxer and I have agreed many times the MAJORITY of members on this board will never compete, and will never be professional bodybuilders, and do not have the desire to.

If your goals are to compete and make a living from your body, then of course the sacrafices are justified and necessary to achieve such goals. However, if these are not your goals, then I would say you are absolutely wasting your time and missing out on the college experience, mainly meeting people and having a good time.

I'm committed to my diet, lifting, etc. I go out to the bars,clubs, etc, and I dont consume alcohol. I dont feel awkward or like I cant have a good time just because I'm not drinking. It actually bugs me that people think they cannot have a good time when they go out unless they are drunk. Since when did being inebriated become a pre-requesite for having fun when you're out? I'd say if you're not able to have fun with people without being drunk, then thats probably pointing to some sort of social anxiety that a person should seek medical treatment and therapy for.

My point is, that most people should be able to live a bodybuilding lifestyle, while still being able to enjoy all of the other aspects of life. It should also be about priorities. For example, if bodybuilding were getting in the way of achieving good grades in college, would you let your grades slack in order to improve your body? If your answer is yes, yet you realise that your body will not be paying your bills, and the job that you get post-graduate from a higher GPA will, then you are a complete jackass if you let your grades slip to improve your body.

I've seen a lot of these similar type of threads, and it seems like people are somehow trying to 'punish' themselves or do not think that they can achieve their bodybuilding goals while still enjoying themselves in other aspects of life. I've noticed, and this is of course NOT directed towards the OP, but rather a general recognition, that a lot of members seem obsessed with TRYING to appear 'hardcore'. I've seen threads where people are seeking approval for seeming so 'hardcore' by sacraficing things in life that are actually enjoyable, and they want peer approval for making their own lives pretty much.............suck.

So none of what I've written above is directed at anyone in particular, to the point they'd need to get their panties in a twist. The aforementioned are just general observations over the years on the forums of people making similar threads about the things they've cut out of their lives in order to get bigger, stronger, etc.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    As Bo pointed out previously, life is about balance in all areas. Letting the pendelum swing too far to one side is never a good idea. You must also consider what your goals are, as Gixxer and I have agreed many times the MAJORITY of members on this board will never compete, and will never be professional bodybuilders, and do not have the desire to.

If your goals are to compete and make a living from your body, then of course the sacrafices are justified and necessary to achieve such goals. However, if these are not your goals, then I would say you are absolutely wasting your time and missing out on the college experience, mainly meeting people and having a good time.

I'm committed to my diet, lifting, etc. I go out to the bars,clubs, etc, and I dont consume alcohol. I dont feel awkward or like I cant have a good time just because I'm not drinking. It actually bugs me that people think they cannot have a good time when they go out unless they are drunk. Since when did being inebriated become a pre-requesite for having fun when you're out? I'd say if you're not able to have fun with people without being drunk, then thats probably pointing to some sort of social anxiety that a person should seek medical treatment and therapy for.

My point is, that most people should be able to live a bodybuilding lifestyle, while still being able to enjoy all of the other aspects of life. It should also be about priorities. For example, if bodybuilding were getting in the way of achieving good grades in college, would you let your grades slack in order to improve your body? If your answer is yes, yet you realise that your body will not be paying your bills, and the job that you get post-graduate from a higher GPA will, then you are a complete jackass if you let your grades slip to improve your body.

I've seen a lot of these similar type of threads, and it seems like people are somehow trying to 'punish' themselves or do not think that they can achieve their bodybuilding goals while still enjoying themselves in other aspects of life. I've noticed, and this is of course NOT directed towards the OP, but rather a general recognition, that a lot of members seem obsessed with TRYING to appear 'hardcore'. I've seen threads where people are seeking approval for seeming so 'hardcore' by sacraficing things in life that are actually enjoyable, and they want peer approval for making their own lives pretty much.............suck.

So none of what I've written above is directed at anyone in particular, to the point they'd need to get their panties in a twist. The aforementioned are just general observations over the years on the forums of people making similar threads about the things they've cut out of their lives in order to get bigger, stronger, etc.
    amazing read as always godfather

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~

tie ruhl to a chair and beat this sense into him please.

HIT the NAIL... GOOD POST...
    I never undertstand how people must drink to have "fun". I have been asked a million times why i am not drinking, realize i drink at most one or two drinks every other weeked when i go out... but get asked why i dont drink to the point of being intoxicated.
    J

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    You guys are taking it too far to be honest.

The depression can only change if you change your life.

If you are depressed about it, change it a little. You can lift 5 days a week, m-f. Drink Friday night, or saturday if you want, your diet will be off for 6-12 hours I doubt your gains would be affected seriiously.

Unless you are training to become a pro, you don't have to be as dedicated as a pro.

I'm pretty content right now, I lift 5 days a week, eat clean and high calories. 6' 215lbs, lean. I'm not big enough that girls think I'm gross. I'm big enough to catch their eye and to be about 30/40lbs larger than most guys around.

I understand what you are going trough though, and it's ALWAYS worse on a cycle. You want to maximize your gains while on it, after investing the money in it, and knowing you have to do 10 weeks on, then take time off it.

But don't sit at home your entire college life eating tuna and chicken breast beating off the p.o.r.n.h.u.b. go out a little, then go home and beat off after!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information